THR Cisne on the other side

@Donnarita My knees seem to be doing better, the exercises to strengthen my legs seem to help alot. I had my left knee replaced in 2011 I was afraid how it would handle this hip replacement. I was surprised to find that I am doing alot better this week. Down on pain meds and up on walking and chores. Feeling alot better. I hope you all are doing great. Kate[emoji254]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Hi @Cisne

Sounds like a great opportunity!

If it's something you really want, could you:

- have somebody drive you, to enable you to ice and elevate
- given the technology available, explain your predicament and do it (initially) by something like FaceTime?

Good luck in any event!
Peter

I'm good. Took a Tramadol this AM. Got up at six (still on school schedule), let the dog out, then back to bed. Did morning PT, iced and read. Lunch, and a nice long chat with a friend from undergrad. Still debating Bloomington on Monday. Logically I understand why I get tired easily, but I get annoyed with the reality. No hip pain, just muscle tightness/soreness. I'm guessing it has to do w the extra hour of soft tissue work he had to do. Heading to Mass and dinner with a friend tonight. Enjoy your outing with the wife :)

Going off the reservation was Fun! I actually drove 25-miles to the store. Then it became uncomfortable so I turned over the keys...
Just a little swelling. I'll try driving again in a week. No pressure, I don't have to be back to work until Aug.

Unfortunately, I am a department head. My boss is a VP. He is too busy to do my job too. I just spent all morning doing End of month tasks, cleaning out my email inbox and touching base with the admin asst and other entities/people we have business relationships with. I manage a NFP that is licensed to the university. I have several direct reports under me, but there are tasks I do that they cannot do for me due to various admin computer restrictions. Hey, I worked from home in shorts and a t-shirt. It a good gig of you can get it.

Today is an off day with respects to anything physical. I'm not walking or doing any exercises.
I am waiting on one more business related phone call, on the couch while iced and elevated. I may go straighten-up the garage later, or not.

I need to play angry birds in a minute, a new prize egg level is available to start every Monday...

Bingewatching? I am a documentary/History/life-long learner kind of person. I like shows with good cinematography and no laugh track.
I've been binge-watching River Monsters. (I'm a fly fisherman)
I have their following in queue:
Greatest Tank Battles
The Big Interview (Dan Rather)
I will probably watch the entire Band of Brothers series again on BluRay. I have the collectors interactive edition that has maps on the disc and etc.
I really can't watch network tv, there is not much there that is appealing. I like shows that impart information. Although I do watch Finding Bigfoot:shrug: If I were to go looking for bigfoot, I want to know how not to do it:snork:

I'm home. The ride to Bloomington and back was fine,with good company. The interview wwnt as well as could be expected. I think I did well, but was tired after the two hour trip. Had lunch out then headed home. I'm swollen and stiff, nut not really in any pain. I've figured out how to get into the bathtub without getting the incision wet. Nothing like a nice, hot bath! PT in the AM. I think I've done enough walking today to count. It will be an early night as expected. I'm still pleased with how functional I felt today.

@dougie0216 - I understand about TV. I tend to like the BBC, and a few older shows. I, too, enjoy being a life long learner, so no dumb TV.

No pain Medes today so far-just my morning Meloxicam. At PT I was told I could lose the cane as I wasn't limping that much. That I could use it when tired. I'm a little worried that limping at all will create issues. Thoughts? Also wondering at what point people are back to normal activities.
Thanks,
Michele

Michele, I can't answer your question as to whether limping creates an issue although I would think it might be a bit harder to get rid of the limp if you were not using the cane. I was told to use the cane until I no longer limped. At first I stopped using it around the kitchen as it is a small room and then gradually gave it up completely in the house. Finally I wasn't using it at all but now at 8+ weeks postop, I do take it along if I'm going for a long walk or someplace like the mall as my hip gets tired after walking not that far really. I just don't want to fall back into the limping again so I have it with me if I need it on walks.

I catch myself limping for no reason. Old habits are hard to break. Home Health said to take the cane when i walk. I dont really need it.
IMHO, the limp goes away on its own, mine did after the LTHR.

There are some PT places that would love to show you how to walk without a limp for money. I have a very good friend who owns a pt business. She noticed I was limping after my last surgery and said they could fix it.

I found that if I was conscious about my stride, I didn't limp, My subconscious was telling me I needed to because I had been limping for so long.
So I made it a point to not limp whenever I got out of the chair or a car, and it just went away. I'm in the process of reprogramming the right side now...

I had to drive 50-miles today by myself, just a little swelling now but not enough pain to justify a pain pill. The bank made an error on my last deposit and it could not be fixed over the phone. You have to come in and sign a form.

Sorry you had to make the long drive, but so happy you were able to! Tried most of the day w/o the cane but when my usual pain level of 1/2 became a 5/6 I decided meds and the cane were in order. I didn't really limp before surgery, so suspect once my body readjusts and extension improves I'll be fine. Heading to pick up my son from camp tomorrow, which will mean lots of walking/sitting. Will take the cane as a back up.

Good luck on your trip. I

I usually wait too long to go to the doctor.

I unintentionally ran into the bathtub early this morning. It's a whirlpool bath that is in the corner. I was trying to navigate without lights so I wouldn't wake the boss.

I am turning on lights from now on.

I didnt fall all the way to the floor, but I did end up sitting down very abruptly on the rim of the tub. That hurt.

I don't have any pain while I am still and everything is still connected. However, when I move I feel it. So I took a real pain pill/NSAID'S and am about to hook up the IceMan.

@dougie0216 sorry to hear about your almost fall. Sounds like you are doing everything you need to. Maybe a night light for the bathroom?

I feel like I'm hitting some milestones, can do a full supported deep squat, managed to get in/out of bathtub, can almost cross my op leg at the knee. It still takes a minute/few steps before I'm walking well.

@PS46 Ah yes, the northern latitudes, I spent 18-years in Alaska. I don't have to shovel snow very often where I live now. We have a nightlight in there, I was just dis-orientated. It will be like daylight in there next time.

Well, silly me, I overdid it today! Shocking! I took my car for an oil change and ended up waiting about two hours. Stopped at Walgreens to see if I had a refill on my Tramadol. I don't , but they faxed surgeon. Home to rest. Picked up DS at camp and sat through games and awards. The positive he was named camp MVP. The neg: despite a two hour nap I'm swollen and sore. Oh, and no pain meds or cane throughout. I'm a smart person-will I never learn?

@Cisne Wow, that is a lot in one day to handle . I hope you will be kind to yourself tomorrow and have a rest day. It sounds like it's easy to overdo things. I'm only 9 days post op so a ways to go before I can be out and about in my car. I'm hoping by July 28th though that I will be good to go. Take care and take it easy. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member