Guest viewing is limited

TKR Celle's Left TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nana moon 27 - I hope your removal of clips goes well. When I was a nurse, I used to love removing them. There is a knack to doing it so that it doesn't hurt too much.

@alexthecat
@Jane B.
@Ellejay
@dogwheels
@Pumpkln
Thank you all for your encouraging posts. They really help.

Yes, @Jaycey I am taking those anti-nausea medications - I learned my lesson!

@Allthejays - best wishes for your TKR on Monday. I'm sure it won't be as bad as you are imagining. :console2:

@kneeper - unfortunately, I did join the ODIC (Over-Did It Club) yesterday. Despite @Jamie 's good advice, I did decide to wrap those birthday presents for my grand-daughter. It took me twice as long as I anticipated and I was exhausted by the time I finished.
Consequently, I didn't even turn on my computer yesterday.

Today is another day and I am resting a lot - helped by the cold, wet and windy weather. There's just no incentive to get out of bed, so this is what I am doing. :elevate:

Our son and his family will now not be arriving until Monday evening, as he has a job interview that morning. They have decided that they want to live in Auckland, so they will be looking for a job and house there. They'll stay with us for a couple of weeks, before going back to Auckland, to look for a house to rent and, eventually, one to buy.

I'm very pleased they will be staying in NZ, as Australia was being considered too. Auckland will make it easier for us to visit them.

All for now!
 
Hi @Celle

I can't wait to get those clips out. They're starting to itch my scar under the dressing. I was fine the last time I had them out, I saw the practice nurse at our GP Surgery. This time I have the luxury of a district nurse coming to the house. That's truly a first! I told you I was being well treated this time around with the revision! I like it!

That's the greatest news about your son and family coming to Auckland. I am ever so pleased for you Caryl, you will have extra help around the place and quality time with your grandchildren Xxxxx

Like you, my power drains very quickly indeed. I don't have to do much before my heads nodding and I'm dropping off. When this happens I just put myself back to bed.

Your knee looks fabulous Caryl. Your OS has done a marvellous job of it. I cringed when heard about the foot and the elevator....ouch!!!

Anyway, you seem to be doing very well and reminding me about the ODIC and how early on we are in recovery. My problem is having two similar ops in less than a year. It's frustrating and like you I want to be back to normal.

I'm so over the moon with how you are doing. This is a reward for all the time you spent supporting all if us here for which I thank you Caryl.

I'm going to try and sleep now. I've been catnapping xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xox big hugs x
 
Hello @Celle

Caryl, hope that you are still getting a good unbroken nights' sleep.
Patience is a hard virtue to maintain, it's also one of my downfalls in this recovery.

Hope that you have a good weekend,
Cathie
 
Hi @Celle - I am delighted that things are going well for you with your knee and even more delighted with your sons decision to remain in NZ. How lovely for you all!
Bad weather is extremely useful in the healing process isn't it? Feet up, rubbish TV on, no incentive to go outside. Perfect!
Love, hugs and healing thoughts headed your way
XX
 
How exciting that your son is moving to Auckland! I'm so happy for you all.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
Ah, ha! So the weather is helping keep you reined in. :heehee: I was lucky to have PAs both times who had the knack of staple removal.
 
I hope the poop fairy finally came for a visit and welcome home and hope all is well
 
Thank you all!

Ah yes, the poop fairy - she's a bit inconsistent, but at least she does visit. I'm still swallowing prunes and lots of other fruit, All-bran too!

I'm still sleeping quite well, although not as well as before. Still, night-time TV is interesting. I watched a program about Area 51 last night - I believed some of it, but not all.

A good friend came to visit me this morning. It was lovely to see her and to have a chat about my Thursday morning coffee group. Several people are back from holidays and one is going away for 3 months.

I took a few steps today using only one crutch. Not ready to do it full-time yet, but it was good to be able to carry my own plate to the table.

The bruised area on the outside of my shin was very sore last night. I got John to rub some Arnica ointment into it and it feels much better today. I'm keeping all ointments and lotions well away from the incision site.

It's one grand-daughter's birthday - three today. We'll be celebrating with her on Monday, when she arrives here.

Love to all!
 
Good report, it is so great to have a hand free to carry things.
Hope the poop fairy starts to visit more often, very frustrating situation. When I think of my early days, that what I think of, sitting there only wanting to elevate my leg, but no, there I sat, waiting, and waiting...
 
Hi Caryl @Celle

Enjoy your grand daughter's birthday and celebration when she is with you on Monday.

You have a busy week ahead with family arriving, so hope you :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill:
over the weekend.

Good report and update, hope that you continue in comfort,
Cathie
 
Tonight is my last night in the spare room. Tomorrow, I move back into our bedroom, to make room for our son and daughter-in-law, who will arrive in the evening.
I have mixed feelings about moving back, as I am still awake for some time during the night and I don't want to disturb John. Usually, I make a cup of tea and sit up, watching TV for about an hour before going back to sleep for another three hours or so. We'll just have to see how it goes. I can still make the tea (by torchlight) but turning the TV on would wake him up.

I'm having quite a good day and I have even managed a bit of time doing a bit of home office work on teh computer. My brain is a bit clearer since I cut back a bit on the Tramadol. I'm now taking 6 tablets a day, instead of eight. I did that because for the past two days I had been going over the four hours between doses, without realising it.

A strange thing happened yesterday evening. We were watching a TV programme together - one set in England. I suddenly started to cry, without any waarning. I think that seeing the English houses made me miss our daughter, who lives there. I know that fragile emotions are part of this recovery, but that one took me completely by surprise!

John is going out to a friend's 70th birthday party for a few hours this afternoon. I know I'll be OK on m y own, but I will be glad to see him back home again.
 
Hi @Celle it's funny how something gets you emotionally. I've been watching a trilogy about Cilla Blacks life story. The actress who portrays her (Sheridan Smith) had studied all her early footage that well you'd have thought it was actually Cilla herself. It's a warts and all story, how badly she treated her precious Bobby who never gave up on her. The final part got me. I've no idea why but I got very emotional several times. Poor confused, homosexual, drug ridden Brian Epstein was tragic. He kept appearing with unexplained bruising on his eyes or face and say he'd walked into a door or something. If you get the chance to watch it, if it comes on over there, this is fabulous TV at it's best. This girl deserves an award for her talent. She had clearly gone above and beyond her homework for the role.

It's lovely to hear you've cut down on your meds that's marvellous news Caryl!

I hope that John has a lovely time this afternoon, it will do him good to have a break.my poor husband is now on a second stint of caring all over again in a year. It's taking it's toll on him. I do know what you mean though about having them around xxxx

Anyway have a lovely day. I will be thinking of you.

All my love and best wishes
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Good Morning Caryl @Celle

I've had two of my sons living away, each for a time in Australia and during that time time hearing the theme tune of 'Neighbours' or 'Home and Away" would set me off. So, I know how you are feeling with having your daughter living in the UK.

While Skype and email and all the instant messaging is good, it is not the same as having them near by.

Now two sons are living in Dublin and will be over today for Sunday Lunch and the middle son is married and lives in Norway and we Skype him every Sunday evening. So for a little while all three boys are together.

At 12 weeks post-op, I am still in the spare room. Like you I wake during the night, read for a bit, up to the bathroom, toss and turn to find a comfortable position, hook up the Cryo Cuff or lately tube on the heating pad and wrap it around my knee - that is bliss and was recommended by my PT and also my OS.

You're going to have a busy time with your family coming, but important to still make time to
:chillpill: & :ice: as you are even one month post-op LTKR. You have to prioritise your recovery and I am sure that you family will understand.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Celle! Just dropping by to see how my recovery buddy is doing. It sounds as though you are doing great. I'm sure it will be an adjustment with having to move back to your bedroom and not wanting to wake John. I have a Kindle Paperwhite and it was the best investment. I can read in bed during the night when I wake up and not disturb my hubby. Like @tiredwife said, give your hubby earplugs and a eye mask and he'll never know when you're awake. Enjoy your granddaughters birthday and remember don't over do it. I know....easier said than done. Have a good day. Anne
 
Thank you all.

I'm back in our bedroom now. We'll see how things go tonight. I'll post an update tomorrow.
The bed itself feels comfortable. I'll have to get used to elevating my leg a different way, as we had bricks under the foot of the bed in the spare room, but our shared bed will need to be flat. I bought a foam wedge last year, for my reflux. I'll try that, but if it doesn't feel right, I'll use pillows.

John is almost totally deaf, so he doesn't hear much at all when his hearing aids are out, but he reacts almost instantly if I turn on a light. I have a little torch I can use when I want to make a cup of tea, but watching TV will be out. I don't think he would like to wear a mask.

John has washed sheets today and made up the bed I used, so that it is clean for our son and his wife. He's also moved my stuff back into our bedroom. He's about to start vacuuming the house now. He'll be tired tonight! When I can drive again, I'll buy him some flowers to say thank you, because he has been very supportive.

I probably overdid it a bit this morning, sorting out what needed doing and showing John how to work the washing machine - he's an engineer, but claims ignorance of how domestic appliances work. :groan:
So, I'm going back to bed soon, to rest.
 
Hello Caryl @Celle

Monday morning in Dublin about 8:30 am, so with you it's evening time and your family will be with you.

Take care and enjoy, but do take time to rest and elevate as it's easy to 'forget' about yourself when others are around.

John sounds very supportive and your idea of a big bouquet of flowers will definitely show your appreciation and love.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@Celle I don't think you need to get him flowers, you just doing the chores again will be great for him!:heehee:
Hope you have a good time with your family! Take care of yourself.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom