Guest viewing is limited

TKR Celle's Left TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.....I think your knees are pretty!!! Your new one looks just great. It's healing beautifully already. And the old one has a charming twinkle to it that is sweet as it can be. Wonderful knees, both of them!!!
 
Nice legs @Celle! Your suture line looks great and your knee/leg doesn't even look all that swollen! Good show! xoxo
 
The swelling in my left knee has gone down a lot in the past two days. Resting, icing, elevating and medicating really does work!
 
Good Evening in NZ Caryl, @Celle

Right knee looking good and great to have the main dressing off.

Know the worry of a mother and son with motorcycles.
My eldest son won a motorcycle at age 16 on a TV quiz show.

While I was in the audience and rooting for him to answer the correct question, when he did win I had very mixed feelings.

His Granny in Cork, rang immediately to say, 'don't let that boy drive the motorcycle home from the TV station'.
Had to explain to her, that the motorcycle on the show remains there and he would at a later date collect the bike form the dealer.

Off to YMCA to use their stationary bike and cross trainer. And then the therapy pool in the afternoon.

Take care and continued good progress,
Cathie
 
Males and Motorcycles and Mothers. Great story about the quiz show, Cathie.

Do you have to take all the antiemetic meds because the narcotics make you sick to your stomach? It's the obvious answer.

Both of your legs look great. Keep up the good work. I really did follow the BS way of elevating and icing and rest, and my knee feels pretty good. But the PT said yesterday that she has seen "People do everything right and have a bad outcome, and people do everything wrong and have a good outcome." Just like life.

My personal Ice Dude pulled a muscle in his foot yesterday and is limping around the house. Two people should not be limping, in any one house, at any one time.
 
@Jane B. Tell him its against the Sherpa Code to show weakness.

Re motorcycles. Back in college I ran with the guys who had balky, cranky, almost never running right obscure British bikes. I think I was a passenger on my steady's Norton Commando precisely once and it scared me half to death. Another time, when my brother had a motorcycle, I tried to ride; it fell over, I pronounced myself cured.

But motorcycle races are fun to attend as a spectator.
 
@jeano, if you have motorcycles AND horses falling on your limbs, you will surely run out of them.

My old boyfriend had a Triumph sports car with no seat belts. I always felt like I was going to fly out of that seat when he took corners too fast.
 
Do you have to take all the antiemetic meds because the narcotics make you sick to your stomach? It's the obvious answer.

Yes, that's why. All narcotics and other strong pain relief make me vomit. Codeine and Morphine are particularly bad. Tramadol makes me sick too, but not as badly as the others - badly enough, though! The only one that doesn't is Panadol (Tylenol).
 
In the days of my foolish youth, I was once a pillion passenger on my cousin's motor bike, doing "the ton"
(100 mph) on the new M1 motorway in England. :hog: (I never told my mother.)
Once was enough and I never went on a motor bike again, although I did buy a Vespa 150 motor scooter. :vespa:
 
I slept for 11 hours, off and on, last night! I did watch TV for an hour, between 4 and 5 a.m .

I took the dressing off the puncture wound and removed the two remaining steristrips from the TKR wound. It all looks good. No oozing.

I'm having another quiet day today, although I did take a short walk around the garden.
Today, I took over the jobs of feeding the cats and starting a load of washing. John dealt with the washing once it was clean.
 
Good job sleeping! That's quite an accomplishment, isn't it?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
It's better than I've slept for months!

I did take half a (prescribed) sleeping pill. I know I shouldn't break the tablets in half, but they are scored and I do it with a small knife. My doctor knows I do it.
 
If the Doc knows it is OK to split the pills.
100mph, must have been quite the thrill. Wise to keep it from mom.
Happy to hear you are coming along well, except for the upset tummy.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @Celle - just having a quick catch up to see how you are doing, and so pleased that everything seems to be going really well. The scar looks great. I am really happy for you and hope that it will continue to be a quick and straightforward recovery.
Look after yourself
XXX
 
Your new scar looks very neat :). I have been reading your posts avidly....I go for my first ever operation and am having a total knee replacement on my right knee on Monday 6th oct. Very apprehensive so your posts are helping a lot thank you. I hope your further recovery goes well x
 
@Celle, we know you must be amazingly brave to attempt these surgeries with such a low tolerance for pain medications. And we have back up proof of that bravery in that you made that motorcycle trip with your cousin! The motor scooter is fun, too.

I've been meaning to talk to my family friend who is a fourth year anesthesia resident. There should be some sort of significant pain relief specifically for this surgery. Something that bypasses the stomach and hits only the knee. My husband always said that bone pain was the worst.
 
@Celle just catching up with your journey. Sorry then meds are causing nausea. I have managed to avoid morphine so far but do take that anti nausea med. No need to bee a hero!
 
Very happy to hear you're doing so well. You're avoiding the ODIC so far despite your impatience. :)
 
Hi @Celle,

Caryl I thought I'd pop in and see how you're doing. Reading your post about morotbikes brought back memories of my parents stories of their youth in their early married life. Unfortunately for mom, she got thrown over the handlebars as a pillion passenger, (British bike, Norton) broke both her wrists and hurt her back. Like you she never told her mom. She made an excuse that her and dad were away for a few weeks on holiday.

You seem to be doing ever so well, the patience thing is sooooooo hard to do. Oh and wow Caryl that is one neat and tidy scar. The swelling doesn't look too bad either. Well done you. The district nurses are coming out on Monday to remove the staples from mine so I'll post in my thread Monday night how mine is looking x x x x

Well, keep up the good work, you are doing so very well. Chat soon
love Nana moon 27 (Ann) xxxxx
 
Wow @Nana moon 27, they are trying to keep you happy - coming out to you to take your staples out? I'm having a bit of a fight to get a nurse to come out to Dad to give him his flu jab. I'm really pleased that they are looking after you this time.
@Celle, your recovery seems to be going well, keep up the good work xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom