Guest viewing is limited

THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

Thanks, Layla! Yes, easy does it. I walk very deliberately, quite slowly, but am determined, just like everyone else here on Bonesmart. Happy New Year to you, with the very best of health!
 
@tikismom, I have been treated previously with Indocin x 6 weeks after a hip surgery for HO, which was not successful and then after my replacement I had radiation. Unfortunately my HOs returned again. My current surgeon will not excise them unless they get in the way. Hopefully, they are large enough that he has to cut them out of the muscle. I know that isn't what you want to hear. It is nice to know someone understands what HOs are and how painful the condition is. I have my fingers crossed for you.
 
omg, Pirate911, I feel so sorry for you! My son-in-law is an OS but I didn't use him for my surgery. But it is my understanding from him and my operating doctor that radiation must be done within a few hours BEFORE the surgery or it isn't successful. I don't know about Indicin but Celebrex must be started prior to the surgery as well and must continue for 30 days. I hope your HO becomes manageable. I just started physical therapy and my therapist told me she has treated patients with HO and that their ROM is worse after their replacement and that it is indeed very painful. I wish you a speedy solution to this!!!! Also, I was advised to start physical therapy months BEFORE my surgery which I did. The results speak for themselves as I am almost back to my full exercise schedule and today is 16 days post surgery.
 
Continue to soar, Harryn1! You truly helped me...thank you very much!
 
Happy New Year everybody! Hope all are amending and feeling much better every day. I have a question for my fellow hip replacement patients. I am 1 month out on Monday and am still experiencing pain and/or a lot of tenderness in my scar which is still elevated. I a using Mederma on a daily basis and trying to massage the scar tissue....but it hurts! Anyone else experiencing this?
 
trying to massage the scar tissue....but it hurts!
There isn't any scar tissue. All that is soft tissue that has been traumatised by surgery. Massaging is just causing more trauma. Just leave your scar to heal. It will soon fade to a very thin, nearly invisible line.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom