@Jaycey Thank you so much for your kind offer...cyber feeding...beam me up Scottie! I have coverage for three days. Our daughter will be here for a few days and can help out. Just need to confirm dates with her. Our almost 18 year old son leaves here at seven and doesn't get back until ten as he has a part time job and is really involved with school and sports. Our barn set up is that we have three big stalls (was an existing barn so had to build around four supports) and all three have run outs to pea gravel pens, so they are never locked in a stall. They are on pasture during the day, but come in at night, due to the abundant wild life in the area! The pasture isn't right off the run outs or barn unfortunately. It would be SO easy if they could stay out. The horse sitter we use for a two-night get-away charges me, for when all three horses are in residence, CN$40 a day (which I think is really pricey!). If a horse cuts himself or colics, she knows her stuff though, so when we are really away, she can handle that kind of thing. However, we are here, although incapacitated to some extent and only Tall and Small in residence. We simply can't afford that, it would be less expensive by a long shot, to board out, but there isn't anything great near us. I'm networking with the neighbours, and all the horse gang. I'm confident something will shake out.
I went out to the barn today, and groomed the Tall horse, as our weather keeps fluctuating and he worked up a sweat under his turnout sheet and it had dried and was nasty. Husband put Tall on cross ties for me and took turnout sheet off and put it back on for me. Tall is really well trained as I've had him since he was three. He holds his feet up to be picked out, and I can lean on him and pretty much do anything with him. He just stands there. I brushed where I could comfortably reach. I'm back in on ice and feel pretty good. I swapped that out for my regular AM walk. I am walking quite a lot unassisted now, it just seems to be coming, but I'm not pushing it. Staying with the one pole for the most part, to save the bad hip and troubled knee...the latter seems to be hanging in there with lots of icing.
@MrDIY Thanks so much for your feed back. We really would like to have the set up that your Mum has with the small house. We have a really cute logging cabin on the property, but it needs work...one of my husbands many projects! We were leaving it until next summer, when I plan on being fully functional again, so can do the painting phase at least! It would be ideal to do a deal with the rent for basic horse chores set up. Timing sucks, but that's life! So nice to vent here!
@Barbaraj Thanks for the moral support..so appreciated! I'm just thankful it isn't anything more serious with Hubs. He just needs to be very careful at the moment. No lifting, straining or twisting. He has to wait three weeks (the doctor said) for an ultrasound, but it could be longer. One has to wait for them to call you back, or get a letter in the mail about your date. We are looking into private diagnostics too...but the wait times are long for ultrasound...booking into February! An MRI could be done next week, at one private facility, but they are having some maintenance issues with the MRI equipment...so maybe not..said to call back. An MRI is overkill though, and about $800 more expensive.. The ultra-sound wait time is longer for private than it is for public health!! Insanity! Surgery wait times are at least three weeks...so it is hurry up and wait.