I slept much of yesterday away, and when awake was feeling a bit grumpy and distressed about my knee and dental situation (but STILL not regretting my TKR for an instant!

Just feeling a bit out of sorts).
But then for whatever reason, my pain levels both from tooth and from knee dropped considerably. I slept deeply last night and had fun adventure dreams (of things other than knees), with no discomfort and NO pain meds! I know that addiction to opiates is not likely but fears are not always logical; anyway I think I proved to myself that I can go for 72 hours with no pain meds (since I purposely didn't have any the night before, due to not wanting my pain to be disguised when I saw the dentist for a diagnosis). 72 hours opiate free and no problem sleeping. Pretty good, huh.

That has lifted my spirits. Maybe this wisdom tooth will settle down and not need to be pulled right away. OK, one can dream.
I have been doing a lot of icing and also emailing back and forth with my older brother. I didn't tell him about my TKR surgery until after it was done, because I was determined to do this and I didn't want to be dissuaded from having it done (and I do regard his opinion highly). Besides, everything happened so fast.
He reminded me that our mother (long dead) was told by her doctor that she needed knee replacements back in 1989, when she was 80 years old. She refused thinking that the good years after surgery would not be long enough (at her age) to make up for the difficult surgical recovery period that most of us here are going through right now. It was probably even more difficult back then. But she should have got new knees, because she lived for another 18 years.
So anyway my brother is thrilled that I decided to go ahead and have this done now "while I am still young". Young?

Who woulda thought....

Anyway it's nice to know that he thinks my TKR was a good idea and that he thinks I am still young since I am "only" age 71.

He also thinks the second TKR is a great idea as well, when the time comes to have it done.