THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, just because you CAN do a lot doesn't mean you need to do EVERYTHING, just yet.

Glad you are doing better and better. Keep on improving.
 
@beachgal @FLGirl @MajorHeidi @PuppyLove @muckingabout @Rhonda K @NoraJ @Carriemay60

Ladies


Thanks for all the well wishes on my accomplishments! Nice to know I have my own cheerleading squad! No worries I am not doing everything in one day and my DH still bRings me coffee and breakfast in bed every morning as he has done since Day 1 at home! I just graduated to my cane yesterday! My measurements have increased by 11 percent in the last 9 days since my last appt.

Have a good one!

Cheryl
 
Wow @CanukTriMom, was reading your list of accomplishments. Very impressive. I'm still have the 90 degree restriction.wish i would have been in that good of shape beforehand. Glad to hear you're doing so well. Goes to show the training paid off big time. Oh and I'm big time jealous, my wife took great care of me but never breakfast in bed.lol. happy to hear you have such a great support team. Before you know it you'll be walking with no aides. Good luck with that indoor trainer. Although not exactly sure what that is.
take care
dan
 
@CanukTriMom 11% is great! I am also jealous of the breakfast in bed even though I don't like to eat first thing, lol Coffee, water bottle @ night and pillows plumped up is as far is it gets here :)
 
@dubld1

Dan

Oops sorry I should have explained that it is a bike stand that I put my bike on and simulate riding outside....it can add tension and show my output in watts just like I was going in the Tour De France
 
@CanukTriMom, just continue to do all the right things in the proper timeframe and you'll see those accomplishments pile up before your very eyes! I still get tired in the evenings but it's later than it was two weeks ago before I realize it! We're off to a fun wedding weekend, a 7-hour drive from here, and a month ago I didn't think I'd be able to go. Your body really does want to heal and be whole again. Give it every opportunity and it will reward you with the ability to get back to the activities you enjoy. Promise.
:thumb:
 
@CanukTriMom, that's cool always wanted one but never had the room. But now all I have is a mountain bike I take camping to ride around. Still trying to find out bout my friend's hip. He lives in fla. so all I can do is wait for him to text back. I'll let you know when I get an answer.

Dan
 
@CanukTriMom,
Hi Cheryl, talked to my friend today. He said his hip is uncemented. But he also said he doesn't kick as hard as he used to. Hope this helps.

Dan
 
@dubld1

Dan

Congrats on your recent strides in PT! I am looking forward to driving soon. Thanks for checking with you friend! My hip is uncemented as well.

Have a great weekend

Cheryl
 
Mine is uncemented too. I think that is the preferred method these days.
 
@CanukTriMom, haven't seen anything from you in a bit. Hope you're feeling better and over the flu.Just wanted to check in on you. Hope you have a great weekend.
Dan
 
@dubld1 @PuppyLove @Carriemay60 @beachgal @NoraJ @Me2@MajorHeidi @Was_86

Dan Et al.

Well I am over the flu...that wasn't fun trust me! Today I go to the OS to get cleared for swimming, biking and driving. Not on any drugs at all with the exception of ES Tylenol once and awhile. My ROM is almost equal on both sides....the left is 39 and the right is 48. I am sleeping on my surgical side finally.

We had a horrific tragedy here in Ottawa where I live wherein a gunmen extremist shot and killed an army reservist on ceremonial guard at the tomb of The Unknown Soldier. Then the gunmen ran into our Parliament buildings shooting...thank god know one was hurt and he was shot and killed. Another member on our forum @Carriemay60 lives in the hometown of the young reservist who was sot and killed. His hometown is Hamilton Ontario. I live in Ottawa which is the Capital of Canada.

So that's my update for the week!

Cheryl
 
@CanukTriMom It has been a very sad week for all Canadians but I know we will overcome this and stand united as a strong peaceful country. It is now coming out that the shooter was a homeless individual who frequented shelters like the one I work at, addicted to crack and quite possibly had some mental health issues. I find this a relief as it now appears very unlikely he is connected with any larger group. Our downtown core is choked right up with people coming to sign condolences for the family of the victim and deliver flowers, wreaths and hugs. All flags in the city remain lowered.

I hope you get the all clears you are hoping for today (or are safe for) and have a good appointment. I still can't manage to sleep on my surgical side, which is y favorite sleep position so looking forward to that coming along :)
 
@CanukTriMom, @Carriemay60, so saddened by the events in Ottawa, its just unspeakable that one should lose their life at the hands of someone so plagued by mental illness and physical circumstances. Here's hoping for a quick return to your peace-loving atmosphere there.
 
Sorry to hear about the shooting. It's very sad. But in life stuff happens. Congratulations on starting outpatient therapy. It's a brand new engine test it out. Enjoy!!!!!!
 
Hi everyone

@beachgal @dubld1 @muckingabout @Was_86 @NoraJ @Me2 @PuppyLove @MajorHeidi

After a really busy weekend, I realized that I hadn't posted the results of my last OS appt which was this past Friday. Here are the highlights

  1. Cleared to drive
  2. Cleared to swim but not cleared for flip turns yet.
  3. Cleared to cycle
  4. Cleared to have a bath
  5. ROM is almost equal on new hip to non surgical hip.
Now there were lots of cleaning activities this weekend that had gone admission while practising the mantras which I rectified this weekend. All I kept hearing the boys say is "looks like the CEO is back in the building" and they had smiles on their faces as well. I can honestly say that I finally feel like I am at 90 percent. I think the best thing is walking with no AIDS whatsoever. I spent longer with the crutches and cane than needed but I really wanted to get my gait down to a science so to speak.....that's the engineer in my speaking. I also knew I wa back in the swing of things after doing six loads of laundry this weekend. I had the odd ES tylenol here and there but other than that, advent had meds in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow I am off to the pool and I cannot wait. I am not expecting to swim the usual 2 KMs as it as been 2 months since I have been swimming. I am off to get my orthotics checked tomorrow as I don't need that much support but I am sure my foot guy will have the answer.

Take care

Cheryl
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think you've done a wonderful job with your recovery. You took a logical approach and pushed a little when you felt ready; pulled back when you felt you wanted a bit more time. Now you have the rewards.....a beginning to return to normal activity. I'm so happy for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom