THR CanukTriMom gets new bionic hip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CanukTriMom I am reading your update and looking at your surgery date and reading it again. I'm amazed at your recovery and all that you can do so soon! Not sure you should be giving your family the idea that you can do laundry and housework though ~ personally I may keep that to myself when I eventually get it figured out, lol. I hope you enjoy your swim today and take it easy!
 
@Carriemay60

No underwear or socks left in the house that were clean...hence the laundry:heehee:. After the first load then I went a little crazy cleaning but I felt fine during and after all the activity. In fact, last night was the first night in 2 months that I slept 8 straight hours! I am very blessed to have a strong recovery and I really do think all the Physio and physical activity I put in before the surgery paid off big time. --- yet I followed the mantras and stayed on the walking AIDS until my gait was symmetrical and fluid!

My biggest challenge will be balance between what I want to do and what I should do for this point in the recovery process:good-bad:

Take care and sending positive vibes for your continued daily successes!

Cheryl
 
Ah . . . balance, when we feel good and do too much . . . tho I think this implant came with a big dose of patience attached!
 
Hi Cheryl, glad to hear you're doing so well. I'm not there yet. Still working on my gait.guess I went too long with the limp. Balance, whats that. Definitely not my strong suit.I'm used to going 110% at whatever i'm doing. Hope you're better at it than me. Hope you enjoyed your swim. Have a great day.
Dan
 
Balance is difficult WITHOUT a hip replacement...face it, none of us are good at keeping that perfect combination of just enough work, play, rest, etc. The best thing about THR for me was that it has forced me to think about it and consider how I choose to spend my precious, pain-free days. How lucky we are to have that option!
:loveshwr:
 
Yep, I am usually a 110%+ type person --- I feel so like I am really pushing the rest part of recovery this time -- getting what I missed last time and what I need this time. :heehee: I'm really am certain this one came with patience attached.

Last night, we went to visit my son who had major car accident yesterday morning (he fortunately just has airbag and car seat injuries). I've been snuggling into my recliner at 6 and didn't get there until 8:30 and, wow, did I hit that wall of can't do anymore hard! I bee-lined from car to chair and was out!

Balance
think about it and consider how I choose to spend my precious, pain-free days
 
@Me2 Very sorry for your son's accident, I imagine that gave you a horrible scare! I hope he sees a quick recovery though I imagine he will have a few very sore days ahead.
 
@CanukTriMom so happy for you. I am conscientiously working on my gait. I want to make sure I have no limp. Limping for 2 years pre-surgery wrecked havoc on my body. So happy for your progress.

@Me2 I hope your son is ok. It is the after pains from the accident the muscle aches. I hope all is we'll he may need some ice. :)
 
@CanukTriMom. Hi Cheryl, I'm a little slow at navigating the site and I just finished reading your pre-op and post-op threads. Now I'm all caught up and I'm so glad we found each other on the site. You are an amazing woman. So strong and have been through a lot. You give me strength and hope in all aspects of life. Forget about the innuendoes of being a bionic woman, you are Wonder Woman.
You have so many friends here that care about you.
You living through and beating cancer and your recovery here gives so many of us strength. Just reading about how hard you trained and how physically fit you must be in make me sweat.
I loved your top ten lists.
Keep me in the loop of all things good or bad.

...talk to ya....Jeff




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You sound like you're doing great! Keep on top of the pain, ice like crazy and remember to rest... of course you'll probably overdo it at some point if you're anything like me and feeling so good, just remember that once you realize you've overdone it (trust me you'll know!) ice and meds help very quickly - so it's no disaster:eyebrows:
Don't knock the sleeping either, your body can really get to work healing while you sleep so a definite plus if you can get good sleep:sleeep:
Ah, Chocolate, the universal "feel good" therapy:loveshwr:
 
Thank you @xtina16405 and @Carriemay60 -- my son seems to be doing better, and I'm sure once we know the verdict on insurance/car tomorrow he will at least be less stressed over that end of it.

I really do think all the Physio and physical activity I put in before the surgery paid off big time. --- yet I followed the mantras and stayed on the walking AIDS until my gait was symmetrical and fluid!

Cheryl, I am so glad you mentioned working on your gait - I hadn't really been thinking about it, but back had started aching on Sunday, and I think (hope) I've been "losing" the cane too much and hopping along -- I now have the cane glued to my hand until I am walking much better. Hopefully, less swelling and sore at the end of the day, too. I worked hard before surgery and do think it helped, but I still should be using cane most of the time.
 
Hi @CanukTriMom

I just love reading fabulous recovery stories. Im a knee not a hip person but a lady on another thread has had two hip, two knees, in one year, if I'm right and not floating on my sea of Morphine!!! Her name is @ConnieJOS an absolutely remarkable recovery like you x x

Please keep up the good work, you're doing so well and an inspiration to others x x x

Take care
Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Just checking in on one of my Canadian buddies. Hope you're doing well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal

I have doing great! Back in the pool swimming up a storm! Been busy posting on other's posts and sporadically on mine, supporting all the newbies to get them to the other side.

Hope all is well with you. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

Cheryl
 
@Nana moon 27

Thanks so much for your kind words, very much appreciated. I have been having some great laughs when reading you exchange with Legin!

Chery
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you're welcome. It's a bit quiet today. I actually switched everything off and slept for almost three hours. I've been poorly with a bad chest infection that's got a real hold of me. Caught a bug off my husband within days of having a flu shot, need I say more.....? X

It's lovely to see how well you're doing, I love reading good recoveries. It makes me glad to the heart that people can get back to some kind of normal!!! Xxx

Stay in touch if you wish, it's lovely to have a quick chat.

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 (Ann) xox
 
Hi everyone!

@MajorHeidi @PuppyLove @beachgal @2 for Jeff @Carriemay60 @xtina16405 @dubld1
@Was_86 @FLGirl @Me2 @Threads @Nana moon 27 @craftdee@grnplatebrd @Hoppy Nanny


Due to tendonitis in the thumb on my right hand, I have not been posting due to pain. It is called De Quevains, I don't know if I spelt that correctly. Other that annoyance, here is where I am in my recovery....it will be 2 months on the 16th of November.

  1. Back in the pool for last 10 days, swimming with thumb brace but still managing 100 laps an hour.
  2. Back in the car and driving myself everywhere! FREEDOM!!!
  3. Back to walking the two dogs...one big 80 lb lab and our 18 lb Jack Russel/Beagle!
  4. Back to having my post workout tub soaks!
  5. Packed away the grabber, the cold therapy machine, the cane, the shore bench and the raised toilet seat. We have kept them all as I have an 80 year old Mom who might need them in the future!
  6. My ROM is equal on both sides at 40 degrees rotation!
  7. Sleeping through the night, in the same bed as the hubby! YEAH!
  8. Using the booklet given to us at PreOp.....those of you who have read my thread will get the gist of this statement!
  9. Physio twice a week still continues providing me increased flexibility and reducing tone in the areas where skin is still hard.
  10. Cleared to go back to strength training next month.
  11. Gait at 95 percent and pelvis still adjusting but no back pain.
  12. Sleeping on surgical side no problem but I prefer to keep my pillow between the legs as I have slept that way for the last 3 years!
  13. Walking up and down stairs hands-free. No railings required.
  14. No medications of any kind including Tylenol.
  15. Doing basic yoga poses such as downward dog, sun salutation, tree pose.
  16. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY:wowspring::dancy::egypdance::yay::happydance::yes!:

I want to thank all my friends on Bonesmart for being here for me during this entire process....the good, the bad and the ugly. It kept me going through those nasty drug withdrawal days and kept me laughing during the good days. I will continue to post but by paying it forward to pre op posters, newly minted hippies and checking in on my Hippie Homeys......only sporadically on my own thread!

Hugs

Cheryl

PS signed up for two century rides this summer (100 miles per ride, in one day) plus signed up for 2 long distance swim races....one is 3 km and the other is 4km
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Cheryl
I just saw your post over at 2forJeff's thread in which you asked about adding your recovery thread to your signature: I gave a quick "how to" there, then thought you might not see it in among the other replies on his post so thought I'd repeat it here.
[As far as adding your recovery thread to your signature @@CanukTriMom: easy peasy... just go to your thread, copy the link (you know at the very top of the page, in the address bar where it says "bonesmart.org/forum/threads/whatever your recovery thread is called" then go to your Signature (where you Log In) and the add link button in one of the options there (next to the formatting options and the emoticons). If you want the link to say "my recovery thread" or something (like mine does) then type that where you want the link to be, highlight that text THEN add the link, if you just add the link without having any text highlighted, you just get the link... it works the same either way, just looks different
Hope that's clear:what:]
It's really easy, if you have any probs drop me a line on my thread
Donna
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom