THR Candi's hip journey - two THR and a revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too think if you really enjoy something you should do it @Sommers16 . I have always loved pottery so slowly I have just been building up my studio, reading things and taking classes when I can afford them. We can't all afford to quit our jobs and pursue our dreams but if you love something you find s way to do it and maybe it will turn into a job
 
Hi!
I thought I'd mention I also had a few days of pain in different joints early on for no apparent reason. Hopefully yours is temporary and isn't from the RA. :-)
 
Oh and sorry for the half reply @JMACCA - the travel would be vline. Nice cushy seats and use of toilets if required!

Hi @Cynthia777 hi!!!! Nice to hear from you, I haven't been on much as I am trying to ration the internet usage. Yes hoping it's something else but thinking it's that pesky SI pain as I'm having trouble laying flat and from my X-rays I can see the gap distance. Only 4 weeks till I get my second leg to match the first- my friends and I were talking and wondering if I will grow a little!! Hehe would be nice for this tiny gal ;)
 
I haven't checked yet, but my OS said I will be a little taller! You know what that means...a lower BMI! Yes! :snork:
Only four weeks until you're whole my friend. You're going to be so relieved once your other hip is done. Then it's just a matter of time and patience before you're free again. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs. :)
 
Just catching up here @dandy_candi looks like you're doing great! Hope the RA meds are all in order and doing their part to help you continue on the path of healing.
 
Yes I have commuted before @JMACCA but that was driving

Aw sorry lovely, I didn't mean to tell you what it was like as if you had never commuted :flwrysmile: and you do have so far to travel...are you still thinking of applying?

You know what that means...a lower BMI!
Right on! Awesome thinking @Cynthia777 - I am gonna ask for a couple more inches! You are such a clever cookie!
 
I just feel great for standing upright - despite the fact I've still got Leftie to get dealt with.
You forget how bad your posture becomes over a period of time.
My husband pointed it out very soon after I did away with sticks or crutches - he remarked that I walked hunched with my derrière sticking out.
Boy oh boy how lovely to get some dignity back again! :happydance: :egypdance: :yay:
 
Hopefully the silence is just her enjoying not being online...we do miss you though!
 
Hello all!! Sorry for the radio silence. As @JMACCA commented, i am just enjoying relaxing and not looking at my phone screen all day. Plus with the multiple issues i have had with phones, i am sick of them!

I did apply for the job @JMACCA , hope to hear back soon. I went to a community info session on the NDIS today which was good anf motivating to get me bsck in the industry even if i don't get the job at YDAS.

Otherwise i am going well. Just passed the week 3 mark. Progressing well. A few outings and lots of quilting and movies and books. Enjoying the time on my own. Hope everyone else is well, going yo finish off watching 'All the pretty horses' . Have a lovely day!!
 
Just passed the week 3 mark
WOW! that has passed quickly - almost time for the next hip!

It sounds like you are up and about and very mobile - that is great news!

Fingers crossed for your application - I really hope you get it! :yes!:
 
@dandy_candi : hope you are doing well!

I too am not on the site every day. I'm working from home this week with a laptop from the company and I started outpatient physical therapy. Next week I continue outpatient therapy and will begin going in to the office to see how that goes.

So while you are offline healing just know and be comforted that others are thinking of you and wishing you well!
 
Hello friends in Bonesmart land!!!!!
So I am two days away from my 2nd THR! I cannot believe it's already six weeks since my first one! I am not nervous as I know what to expect. I am writing up my experiences for an e book I am thinking of writing and i can recall how anxious I was leading up to the surgery. As I am feeling pretty mobile I think it will be hard to go back to having less mobility but at least I know that at 6 weeks I am feeling so good so gives me something to work towards and focus on.
I am doing really well. I had been using one crutch around the house from 1 week post surgery. I was noticing changes pretty much at each week mark. I had PT coming to my house each week. At week 4 I was able to drive and did a few little drives (15 minutes to town from my house then 40 minutes on freeway using cruise control to my parents house). My PT said he couldn't clear me to stop using crutches, that my surgeon would have to do that. I saw my surgeon last week at 5 weeks and again he was so lovely and friendly. He just asked if I had any questions- I gave him my list- and he answered them all - there wasn't many. Just about return to work- he said that's up to me and doesn't believe in graduated return. He just said to do what you feel you can- if it was physical work he'd say graduated return to heavy duties. And for crutches he said the same too- whenever I felt ready! So the day after the appointment I tried walking with no crutches. I was leaning towards my operated side and my PT said that was due to weakness around the hip and if I was leaning to the other side it would be from pain in the hip. So he gave me weight bearing exercises to strengthen the little muscles around the hip and did some traction to stretch out my leg. I have been doing the exercises lots and have noticed a difference- less waddling- walking straighter!
I hope everyone is going well and I will check in on a few posts to see how you all are!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom