TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

@Pumpkln Wow, wish our dentist had that, my crowns took forever, and then one of them didn't even fit right when it came in! I had to wear temporary crowns for weeks! I still don't think they fit right.
 
There are pluses and minuses, how long they last is not fully known. The one day turn around is great.
I will be glad to have it done.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
One day knee surgery would be nice. I would settle for them lasting 10 years of I could get the fitted for me and be in and out in an hour. I may even settle for every 5 years. :)

I think I am experiencing a bit of the blues which is so foreign to me. I came home from work today, gave my boys a hug and came up to my room and cried for half an hour before I fell asleep for three hours. I may still be asleep if my alarm for my meds didn't wake me up. I am still in pain but it is not unbearable but I fear that if I try to mess with the meds I will go right back to the high level pain and have to work to get back to a manageable level.

I can't seem to shake this feeling of sadness and I wonder if my knee will ever get better. I am the breadwinner of the family so I am under so much pressure. We have so much debt from when my hubby lost his job. We pay the bills every month but if I am off work any longer, then we will be in a fine mess. I feel like James Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life - I just need to make that bonus.... :) Love that movie!

Anyway, talking about it here gets it off my chest so I don't have to worry my family. So I thank all of you for that.

A joke from my 15 year old:
Q: What does an annoying pepper do?
A: Get jalapeno business


Have a good night everyone!
 
Sorry to hear about all the stress and responsibility falling on your shoulders so early in your recovery. I would be melting down daily.
Keep your knee pain under control, it will help with your mood and stress levels.
Sending you hugs :console2:.
This recovery can be such a long slog, but then you will notice the little improvements, as you continue to heal.
Sometimes we just feel like this.:dead:
 
Have your cry when you need it! Sometimes it is almost like a pregnancy. I cry at strange times and for weird reasons. I got it, feeling like the weight of the world is on you. I haven't been able to even think about returning to work. Just take one day at a time, keep your pain under control, and rest when you can or need to. Have a better day tomorrow!
 
One day when we were both younger I came home and was greeted by my wife dressed in a very Sexy nightie. 'Tie me up,' she purred, 'and you can do anything you want.'
So I tied her up and went golfing. To this day I don't know what the problem was!
 
@71Beetle Hope you get over your blues soon. It would be tough to have to go back to work before you are ready! Keep ahead of your pain. I think having your surgeries so close together kind of adds to it because you haven't really recovered from the first one and then have to heal from 2 surgeries.
 
@tiredwife, I think you are correct. In physio I am seeing all of these people race through the class as I did when I had my first knee. I am thinking I should have waited to have my second knee done until my first knee was healed. I just cannot take the pain or frustration as easily this time around. If I could see just a bit of improvement, I know it would help. I cried again today and I am up in bed early again tonight. I am exhausted and spent.

Tomorrow is another day though. I have a long day at work tomorrow as I have a hair appointment after work. It is necessary and I can't wait to get it done but it takes 1.5 - 2 hours to do with the highlights and the colour and the cut and style. Right now I look like I have a curly shag carpet on my head so anything would be an improvement :)

The long weekend will do me good but now I am stressing about how I will be getting to and from work each day with hubby at work and my son at school. I guess I will worry about that on Monday...

Have a great night everyone!
 
@Phil75070 - I do love your jokes. I have no idea how you keep them coming. You must belong to a Joke a Day Club or something!
 
Sounds like we have the same hair, I am pretty shaggy right now.
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with all of this recovery stuff. I cannot imagine going back to work even now.
Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
I think you are correct. In physio I am seeing all of these people race through the class as I did when I had my first knee. I am thinking I should have waited to have my second knee done until my first knee was healed. I just cannot take the pain or frustration as easily this time around. If I could see just a bit of improvement, I know it would help. I cried again today and I am up in bed early again tonight. I am exhausted and spent.

Dear Lisa, @71Beetle
Hugs! :console2: I'm sorry you're feeling down at the moment.

I really think you are trying to do too much - not from your own choice, of course - but it is finally catching up with you.
Back to work too soon - again, not your fault - and trying to run a family. No wonder your second knee is not healing as fast as the first one did!

Now, can I suggest that, with going to work, you really need to cut back on the physiotherapy. Living the life you are is more than enough exercise for that healing knee. Do you need to go to PT at all? You must remember the exercises from the first time round and just walking is the best exercise of all. I'm sure you're doing plenty of that!

Instead, try just coming home from work and doing nothing except lying down with your knee elevated and iced.
I know - you have kids and you feel you have to do things - well, teach them to do them, too. It's good for their characters and one day their future wives will thank you!! This is from someone who taught her sons to cook, but forgot to teach her daughter! :rotfl:
 
I also agree. I went back to work at 8 weeks but stopped PT completely. My Rom is great - I am not saying this is the answer for everyone but it was for me. I just let every day living activities be my PT. you are also under some stress which I also understand. We only have one car so it is a pain always waiting for rides! All my best!
 
There are things, questions, that keep me up at night, like:

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done? or....

If the police arrest a mute, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent? or...

If a person with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself is it considered a hostage situation?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom