Guest viewing is limited

THR Can you hear me from the other side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad you had a such a great holiday Firebrand, it sound like you are doing wonderfully, I did wonder whether we would set off the alarms at the airport!! :heehee:
 
I've slept on both sides from 10 weeks after first surgery and from 5 weeks after second surgery.
 
I'm sorry you're not able to do this, it did hurt the first few times but lying on my back was giving me so much back ache I checked with my surgeon and he said it was ok to try it.
 
Sorry to hear that Firebrand. Hopefully you are able to soon. Is it too painful still?
 
I was wondering that octopus, if it was too painful? I'm guessing at 6 months it should be getting easier? Could you maybe ask Josephine what her advice is?
 
Greetings Hipsters. Today is my one year anniversary. Having just read Selin's post, I agree that the pre-op pain seems like a distant memory. Almost. Whilst I can celebrate my new right hip, the past six months or so has seen my left hip starting to show warning signs - that sharp intake of breathe a few times a day after jolts of pain tells me it's time is coming to an end.

As for my right hip - I am so very glad I had it done. And so very fortunate to live in a country with a National Health Service to pay for it all. But the healing has taken a lot longer than I'd hoped as it can still be sore, to the point that I can't sleep on my right side yet. I decided not to go back to karate, as my fear of falling on it out me off. My street was flooded a couple of weeks ago, and I found myself hauling sandbags and helping move cars and furniture without a second thought though (we were fine - the water didn't actually get into our house, just to the wall and doorstep - which was far enough!).

I hope that everyone who knew me back in the day is well, and having a glorious time with their titanium. (A colleague of mine got married last year, and was showing off his titanium ring, I had to point out that I had way more about my person than him!)

Sian
 
This has reminded me too...... Nearly a year for me too. Still get aches.... Nothing like before. Wear and tear behind knees and a crack and chunk out of one. Other hip behaving so far.... Still waiting for a chair at work though. Hope everyone is well. Xxxx
 
@Firebrand Welcome back! So glad to hear you are still enjoying that new hip. Even better - you did not suffer flood loss! Don't be a stranger!
 
@Firebrand Hi Sian its lovely to hear from you and that over all you are pleased with your new hip.I so agree with the sentiments you expressed about the NHS as I also feel so blessed to live in a country where health care is provided to all regardless of income.Sorry to hear that your other hip is now playing up.Mine too but the last X-ray showed adequate joint space so another replacement is not on the cards for me just yet.

I am so glad that your home was spared flooding.I feel so sorry for all those people whose homes and businesses have been effected this winter down South.Lets hope we have a good summer to make up for it.Take care Sian
 
A whole year wow where did that time go and I'm nearly there with my first!! It was a real shock to me to hear I had to have both of mine done so close together but thank goodness I'm now finished with it, I don't envy you having more problems with your other hips! So glad the floods didn't get into your house and good news you could set to and get on with protecting your property and furniture!
 
@Firebrand @Audball @Kim22 @clifford149 @Littlejem

Lovely to see you all here! So excited for all of us, we did it and are well on the road to recovery, my one year is in a few days time.

Congratulations @Firebrand ! Sorry to hear it looks like another one for you in the near future. I used to think I was so glad that I had only one bad hip because I wouldn't want to do that again, but one year on and the worst of it is a dim memory, what is not so dim is the fantastic result. Still a little way to go for me, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, the relief is amazing. My ceramic and I are getting along great!
 
2 weeks to my year on hip one and it is doing just fine, second gives me a little more problems, I know it's there and it's a little tight but really not too bad!!
 
Hi @octopus congratulations on your one year anniversary and it is great to hear that you are pleased with your one year old ceramic hip.My ceramic hip is good and I am truly grateful to be rid of the pre op pain but I am having soft tissue problems in the form of psoas tendinitis which is holding me back and restricting my activity levels some what.I am back with physio doing very gentle exercises and I have been advised to only walk for ten minutes out and ten minutes back and only on level ground.I am waiting for an appointment for a cortisone injection.So a little frustrated at the moment but hoping for better days to come.
 
@Kim22 I'm so sorry to hear you are still having problems. How very frustrating. I hope you get your appointment for the injection soon. Thinking of you, and hoping you see some improvement. Best wishes.
 
Hi....soft tissue issues are quite common. The pseudo capsule is less likely to be resilitant.....I have notice recently that going up a slope has become less comfortable...
 
Hi Clifford I've never heard of the term pseudo capsule before but what you say makes sense.I had an ultrasound in January which showed that there was a lot of inflammation where the Iliopsosis tendon attaches to the bone.I hope that your present discomfort is not curtailing your activities.I must admit that I am longing to get back to hiking again which would involve inclines but I realise that this is a long term goal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom