Calling all April replacements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm not surprised at the OS's total lack of interest post surgery. They become surgeons because they like operating; the other stuff doesn't interest them.

My son is a surgeon, and when my daughter asked him about a medical problem she was having, his response was, "Don't ask me. I'm not a doctor; I'm a surgeon. Do you have something you want me to take out?" I think this attitude is pretty typical of the breed.
 
@Tamsmom . Isn't it funny? I go to bed with my "rig" set up. Twenty pillows (okay so 4 ) ice packs all over my knee and I have clothes on that I am of comfortable temp. in. THEN, about 3 hours later, I wake up and every inch of me is shaking, I am trying not to fall out of bed to get to my crutch to get even more clothes on. It must look like quite a circus every night. Good luck with getting to your office. Do you feel a lot of pressure in the job you are in? Will part time be feasible? I am amazed you are going back so soon. I hope to start applying for jobs in about a month....part time only though. My life is so uncertain now. Unbelievable how in a N.Y. minute.....I wish the best for your day. let me know how it goes. I need to get out and try driving today. :what:
 
I do have so many accounts I need to get every month, funny thing is I got them for the month of April because I had so many irons in the fire from March and so far for the month of May nothing! The worst thing is I don't even care or feel like I have motivation to go out and get those accounts.

Today was a good day, I'm wondering and hoping if this is going to become the new normal. It's funny what I consider good now though!

I had to tattle on a co- patient at physical therapy yesterday she was telling me that she was going to go back to work in two weeks and she is a cosmetologist on her feet all the time. Her surgery date was April 15 th. She has an angry looking scar, not get extension, jokingly told the therapist you need to talk her out of going to work too soon and you need to tell her about BoneSmart.org. My therapy clinic is getting really tired of me quoting this website all the time but truly for the most part they are in line with articles that are printed here.

I posted a picture of my new knee on Instagram for the six-week birthday and someone asked me what I was getting the knee for her birthday and I said ice she really likes ice! I get a little nervous if I don't have a icepack available. Is it a natural for me to still want to ice five or six times every day?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I certainly think so! I ice that much. I am right there with you. If I don't have ice, I get unnerved. Reading some of Josephine's story, she iced tons! I quote bonesmart at PT and they have never heard of it and look at me like I truly don't know what I am talking about. It's kind of frustrating. I had posted to you on nana moon about their tea time and somehow got bounced off. Anyway I love that, tradition, concept. I never drink coffee. I think that ritual would be comforting.
 
@Tamsmom so what did you mean you feel more normal today? Wow I would think someone standing on their feet all day after THIS would soon discover there is just no way! I hope the way I function now is not normal. I ice all the time and walk very short distances before I need to rest, sit and ice some more.
 
Oh I don't stand! I am a insurance agent...me people and a computer! But yeah the hairdresser? She was delusional to think she was starting back to work 5 weeks post op!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
In New Jersey, doing well and feeling great. Take meds only two or three times a day and probably can get along without them. I sleep as well as I did before the surgery. Don't know what my ROM is any more and at this point don't even care. I can do all that I need to do.

I haven't tried getting up and down from the floor yet; still afraid to get on my knees. The only issue I have is that I seem to have pulled a muscle on my extreme left side just below the waist. I feel it when I step on my left leg so I'm trying to rest a bit to allow it to heal. It's better now then it was last week, and I'm hoping it will be back to normal in a few days.

How is everyone else doing?
 
I think it will be a very long time until I actually kneel down or am on my knees.
I did get up off the floor the other night but pretty sure if I put any down it was the nonsurgical one
I still have nightmares of me trying to get out of the bathtub at about five weeks postop and I haven't been back in it yet.
Pretty much off a prescription drugs at least on a regular basis. Leg is getting stronger still stiff a little swollen but truthfully it feels better than the knee that still needs to be done so that is a good indication that I have done the right thing. We will see heading up to the lake today and it will be a test for me and I'm sure I will be a little hesitant because it's a lot of uneven ground.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I tried a dry run last week, and slipped a little. Going to wait a little longer, do not need to be a wet fish :realing: stuck in the tub. When I would rather it went like this, :bath:.
When it warms up later, going to be :swim:, and will use the hot tub too!
 
@Tamsmom @Pumpkln @Wednesday and anyone else. We talked several weeks ago about the bathtub. I don't have the nerve up yet, so I think that is an indicator of not being physically ready. But @Pumpkln I cannot wait!:bath: I used to take baths a lot to unwind. My yard is uneven ground. I view it as good PT when I go out there. I still,ice and elevate many hours/day.

~hopefaith
 
Hi all April new knees, Im nearly 9weeks post op, doing ok.Walking without crutches , use a stick to walk further than 400 yards. I was made redundant a week ago after working there for 8 years ,:boohoo:but knew it was happening so applied for another job and got it.:dancy: , I start on Monday 16th June, it has been a stange few weeks.
my knee is still very stiff and achey, just on co codamol pain killers and still icing, have had a few baths , and showers, doing all my own housework etc, looking after my two grandsons 2 afternoons a week, so busy.
:ice::yahoo:
take care everyone.
Anne
x
 
Hi everyone. I'm feeling great, walking better than I have for years and off all meds. I'm sleeping well and just got back from a trip to see family, a 600 mile round trip and I drove! No after effects at all. I haven't tried kneeling either, or getting up from the floor. I haven't been able to do either of those things very well for as long as I can remember, so if I still can't, I'm not going to worry about it. Great to catch up with other April knees!
 
@Mai5ie, it was great to see you were doing so well! I wish I could say I was off all the meds but it is fewer all the time so for that I am thankful!




4/1/2014 TKR
 
#ODIC, walking felt so good :walking:, I did too much, and now my leg is majorly sore.:oyvey:
Seeing my massage therapist tomorrow.
 
I want a massage! Maybe I will need to treat myself soon!


4/1/2014 TKR
 
Massages are a great way to relax, and help with healing. I hope you have someone you like.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom