Calling all April replacements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTKR on April 23, spend two days in the hospital. Taking pain medication as needed. I will probably take some pain meds this evening to help with sleep. I still use a walker and I’m able climb stairs with a crutch. I’m icing several times a day. ROM close to 90
 
Don't get stingy with the pain meds...you are fresh off a traumatic surgery...stay up on them and good for on the walker, crutch...


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ice as much as possible...you can't over ice!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
My surgery was 4 weeks ago today. Doing pretty well on the whole, pain is well controlled, but really tired today. I had a really bad night for some reason, I just couldn't get comfortable and I'm sure I woke every hour. Trying to take it easy today. My first physio appointment at the hospital is tomorrow... I'm not really sure what to expect.
 
My surgery was 4 weeks ago today. Doing pretty well on the whole, pain is well controlled, but really tired today. I had a really bad night for some reason, I just couldn't get comfortable and I'm sure I woke every hour. Trying to take it easy today. My first physio appointment at the hospital is tomorrow... I'm not really sure what to expect.
I so r think any of is have had many good nights of sleep yet. Heck, I happy when I start my night in bed and the next morning and am still in bed. There are still a lot of nights in the recliner and I think that is to be expected. Napping and resting throughout the day is very important, you need to allow yourself to do this.

One thing I am learning as it is a slow recovery and there will be days sometimes several in a row where you don't think you're making progress, and then all of a sudden something becomes easier.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had a complete melt down yesterday. My knee is so stiff. I didn't ice enough yesterday I guess.
 
Hopefaith,
Stiffness is a form of pain, yes Rest, Ice, Elevation, and Medications on Schedule will help.
Melt downs are a normal part of recovery, there is an article in the library, it is in the list of reading in your thread.
 
I sure tested my knee a day ago. Took a long drive and was outside for several hours watching daughter at a track meet. She is in the first and the last event....isn't that special!
I think although my surgical leg was stiff all in all it did better than the leg that's knee still has arthritis in it. I consider that a sign that I did the best thing.

I love using the water therapy, I wish I could be in it and at least stretch everyday!

How are all the newest knees doing?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Knees are doing better than I ever expected they would. Really very little pain; just some aches that keep me from getting a good night's sleep. Tramadol at night is helping somewhat, and every day I notice that I am doing more. No need now for walker or cane. I can hardly believe that in just one month my two new knees are behaving so well.
 
Me too! Same report! High 5 for medical miracles!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I wish I could say what you all are saying. I think the fact I have fibromyalgia is affecting my pain levels. The outside of my leg just below my knee is SO tight. PT just seems to aggravate it. I do get out and do stuff. I am able to do more than I could do a week ago, but is it a bad thing that I get stiffness so easily? I am unable to ice all the time. It hurts my sciatic nerve. Frustrated......
 
Oh hopefaith...it must be a tough go because fiber myalgia is chronic and has its on set of issues. You mentioned not being able to ice a lot, why is that? Also, as far as the tight outside part of your leg, does t the PT address this?

Is there a tech that can massage you soreness after the PT? I am sure you have thought of all if this, I just hate seeing that people have added struggles because this is hard enough



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It hasn't be the day I was hoping it would be for me. Lots of good things happening, I can finally pedal around the recumbent bike, slowly and I will admit I do lift up a little but last week I couldn't do it! But pain bugging me an d really tired today. Our puppy is now home from hunting dog school and she got my husband up at least 3 times last night, couple that with crappy sleeping anyway, it wasn't a good night!

The graston instrument that the PT has been using on my scar has helped the appearance of the scar or maybe it would be looking this good anyway? Idk, but I am not protesting the use of it yet.

I know the drugs makes me emotional...and I am trying to cut back but after about 3 doses I can't take it and go back to what I was taking. Plus my mother was diagnosed with COPD this week, that has been an emotional event and of course worse for me because of the drugs and my inability to help her. My mother is the picture of healthy lifestyle so this is out if the blue for her.

The weather is perfect here in central Nebraska, 70 and no wind! I took a short walk and know planning our veggie gardener though I won't be the one planting it.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know that I can take a bath being 5 weeks post op, but should I? Will I feel better or worst after the bath? I love y soaking rubber if I end up more uncomfortable I the end i don't want to do it!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
You might want to practice getting in and out before you fill the tub. If it were me I would wait, until it is easy on/off the floor, and no scabs on my incision.
 
Gosh pumpkin I saw your post too late....I dint have scabs so that wasn't the issue .... But I have a nice deep soaking tub and it was quite an adventure to get out of it. Of course my husband was standing by, and he helped me, mostly watched me while I figured out how to get out but yes he helped he has been a sweetheart through this all I don't know how I will ever repay the man.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
A dry run always makes it easier. You do not have to deal with a wet slippery person while you are figuring out what to do.
Glad it all worked out, it will be easier next time.
 
Hmmm..a bath. Side from the obvious good effects of feeling great, what are the therapeutic pros & cons? If I may I'll whisper the name @Josephine into the north wind for verification.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
At the stage where I am at I doubt except the panic attack I had trying to decide how to out there is a downside! There was no excessive swelling or added pain. My incision was completely closed. I have a deep soaking tub so it's not not easy to get out of...



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well that is what I needed to hear! Little things!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom