THR Bumblebee in Recovery

@Bumblebee The garden is fortunate that we had a lot of rain recently. I liked that apron idea. I might put one on today. Or one of those little pouches on a belt that I am never sure what to call them. I have a bag from the Imaging center that might work. It's like a piece of material made to look like a kiddie backpack, with the cords it has attached. Thanks for helping me remember!:flwrysmile:
 
@Bumblebee - you’re sounding good! I used an apron with pockets early in recovery for first replacement. Also had a crossbody purse. It was like I was headed for an expedition every time I went up/down the stairs. I came home with crutches vs. walker with first.
 
Hi @Bumblebee won't be long before you're out in your garden and talking to your geraniums again :flwrysmile:. How's the log leg....hope it's beginning to take some of it's own weight, must feel like someone's strapped a cannonball to it! As for "Trying to keep straight and tighten my glutes when I walk."....can you even identify your glutes in the mob of outraged muscles/ligaments etc? :unsure: Hope you're still sleeping well :sleep:
 
@Bumblebee and @NanaMama you both sound great (as can be expected) and I’m relieved to hear you haven’t lost your sense of humor. Hopefully all of those kinks will work themselves out soon, you both sound like you have a handle on everything.
I’m in town at a hotel, I have my pre-op tomorrow morning. This is getting real. Spent a small fortune at a mall buying the most adorable outfits for the grandkids, 4 (grandson) and 2 (granddaughter). I’ll have to sneak them past the hubby tomorrow. Plus 2 glasses of wine for me. Settling in now with a good book and a smile on my face from listening to you lovely ladies paving the way for me. Wishing you both a restful night and sweet dreams.
 
DH and I don't have a garden... we have a yarden. He's built a couple wooden frames that we plant tomatoes (or sometimes other vegetables) in. I'd just as soon not have bumblebees in the garden (present company accepted) but we don't have flowers.... so not typically a problem. Don't give me too much credit for the crutch or anything else... I'm constantly in fear of doing something wrong to screw things up... Like what if I'm bending too far to one side, or rotating my inner hip without being aware of it? What if I get to 6 wks. and they take an X-ray and say, "this is not good...." :no-fin: I want an alarm to sound when I do something wrong (like when a truck is backing up) to warn me. What if I turn my in, instead of out? How many free passes do I get before I do permanent damage?

You know, I've noticed some tingling in my foot too... wonder if that is just the life coming back into the limb? When @AgilityDog mentioned her thigh being 'tight" .... just like I had worked out. :heehee: I can't recall the last time I felt anything tighten due to "working out." :snork:

Tomorrow's another day - another week ... I hope it is a good one for you! (Did your hubster find a basket for your walker?)
 
No basket yet. He is too busy doing stuff around house that I use to do.
I understand the tightness .. foot feels that off and on. Groin thigh and knee pain now, even big toe, not bad, but annoying. I walk really weird right now leaning into the walker for support so I guess my muscles are saying what's going on? Energy level all time low. Still sleep good though.:) :-) (: icing helps when the pain cranks up a notch.
I also understand about worrying you will dislocate or something. Me too.
 
Post op day 6...log leg has improved, was able to get into bed without the belt aid...plumbing fully functional...able to sleep on non operated side only a few minutes before right aches....buttock feels like I got kicked by a horse...walking like a cartoon character with a peg leg. I dream of the day I can "divorce" my walker!
 
Yay You @Bumblebee! I'm flying solo today (well, me and the dog, my co-pilot). She's small and I can't bend over to put her on the tie out leash... but I can let her out. She's on her honor to come back. So far we're 1 for 1. I've actually gotten up a couple times and walked w/o an aid. DH says, "See, I knew you could do it." :yikes: "I didn't mean to... I don't want to.... " I have flashbacks of my dear mother taking off with her "pusher" (rolling walker with seat and hand brakes)... hell agittin' ... If I've had my pain med, I can book it pretty good with my non-wheeled walker too. My "Tylenol only" regime isn't covering the pain but my plumbing is back in order without a call to Roto-Rooter (I had fears). :sos: so I guess I have my priorities. Anyway - I've tried lying/sleeping on my non-surgical side (with pillow between legs) but when the pain increases (quickly) it scares me... as does any 'unusual movement' that I'm sure is slowly dislodging the new joint. Just think... tomorrow we will be 1 week POST OP!
 
Hi @NanaMama ! So happy you are doing well. At this stage, I cannot walk without my walker, not even a step. I think you will be fine solo, even I feel ok being on my own a few hours during the day...I can get myself something to eat, go to the loo, and if anything drops to the floor, well, it will stay put till someone else can pick it up. Not steady enough for showering by myself though.
 
You and your walker will break up soon. The divorce swiftly follows. They'll be no bittersweet
longings for the days of old. I shoved mine into a corner that ended up holding discarded assistive
devices for a time. Can't say I didn't snarl at it all a time or two as I walked by :heehee: Clunky walker, invisible dog leash, all of it. Ugh!

You're making progress! @Bumblebee Take it slow and easy, it will come.
I have to say that neither you, nor Nana Mama have lost your sense of humor through
all of this. Still entertaining us.
I hope your week is great!!
 
I dropped the remote control about 15 min. ago. Tried using the cheap 'picker upper' from Dollar Tree (you get what you pay for). and eventually retrieved it... but not before aforementioned picker pushed some stray button on the remote that sent the tv to a settings screen that I can't get off. :tantrum2: I can hear good ole Aurora Teagarden, but 'I got no picture'. :sigh:
Maybe it's time for a nap.
 
kitchen tongs are my new best friend. I'm thinking I could use silly putty or velcro strip on the other end.
 
I felt a couple of those 1 second zapping pains in the front of my thigh as I walked today. Assuming that's normal???
 
Sounds familiar and normal.
Zapping, stinging, burning, prickly sensations of which most are fleeting.
Your body working hard to heal itself, and it's happening....Yay!
I wouldn't be concerned unless pain is increasing or unrelenting,
or you're experiencing any symptoms you were cautioned to report.
Hope your day is going great! @Bumblebee
 
1 foot and 2 foot ones. keep one in the bedroom to grab items from the night stands, dressing. they seem to work better than the extra long grabbers. I was thinking what a nice idea it would be to give a gift bag of all the things that may come in handy to someone preparing for surgery.
 
Back
Top Bottom