Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR BTKR: What was I thinking?

Yep, make sure and get a GPS programed to your destination and then travel at your own pace. Your health and safety comes first. The 'authorities' suggest stopping every two hours and getting out and walking around. And this is for the average person, not one who has had a new tkr! If you get separated from your other family members you'll have the directions, and hopefully a phone with you to keep in contact with each other. Ice packs are a good idea, too.
 
Whew, I made it! Thanks to all for your advice. Ice packs while driving helped, as did stops to stretch . I will have an extra driver for the return trip.
Merry Christmas to you all!!! [emoji319]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Glad you made it! Merry Christmas to you, too. And God bless you and yours!
 
@Josephine, my biggest problem is a very painful rectangle on the outside of the left knee. It really aches and hurts. Dr says it is because I am doing too much but it hurts even if I don't do anything. More if I've been on it. What could it be?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Thank you. How are you feeling now?
 
I have a very painful place on the outside of one knee, still get stiff and other aches and pains but I am not tolerate of pain. Other than that, had a good Christmas with my parents, my son and other family. Hope you did, too! My grandson was born 3 months early on Christmas day so his middle name is Christopher! He is 9 years old now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Why do you have to caravan? Aren't you all going to the same place? Why don't you just go at your own pace and arrive an hour later than everyone else?
 
Did you have a revision or tkr in July? I couldn't tell by your signature. The outside of my knee is still partially numb and as it wakes up I get the nerve zingers. Even now, I'll still get zingers here and there. The inside is the sorest spot to bend tightly. My son's name was Chris, too. He was He was born on 12/19/83. I had Christmas Eve dinner at my house for my brother and his family and some friends. It was very tiring, but blessed! Christmas Day we had a special Christmas service at church that was really moving. Once home I took a long nap!
 
@mbrown I like to keep an eye on my daughter in case of car trouble. My husband is driving me back and leading the way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
@sistersinhim I had a revision on one knee and tkr on the other at the same time! It was very unusual, even Josephine had not heard of one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
@Josephine I will reread that, thanks. It is a little numb; that is how I know it is rectangular. It doesn't hurt all the way around the knee, just on that side. My ROM and extension are great and have been for a few months! I don't think I will ever be able to kneel, skip or even run again. I am going to go to a gym to try to build strength and tone up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Wow! What your poor body and knees have been through! It's amazing how well you are doing. I suggest you take it easy at the gym. Your knees will be very angry for a while. Mine were, and still do get mad most of the times that I overdo.
 
You are about that, I will take it easy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I don't think I will ever be able to kneel, skip or even run again.
It's a bit too early to be saying that. You're only 5+ months out yet. Wait until it's been a year!
I am going to go to a gym to try to build strength and tone up.
I wouldn't recommend it yet a while. Wait until you're about 6-8 months out and even then, start gently!
 
Ok, thanks Jo!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
@Celle, I have had pain on the outside of my left BTKR since the surgery last summer. I have done everything I could think of to get relief. My husband has chronic back pain to the point of being disabled. His pm dr. had him try an electronic stimulation unit and said he could try it out on me, also. This was not a TENS Unit but something similar called an H-Wave. It works on a differt wave length from the TENS. I don't know if that is the type or a brand name. Lo and behold, after a couple of treatments, I am pain-free!!! It has only been a couple of days and I assume it will need to be repeated, but, I can finally walk without pain and can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I just hope it is not another train coming my way! Have you ever heard of an h-wave? I think it is relatively new, at least here in the states.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Congrats on finding something that worked for you! I hope this the end of your pain or at least a good solution if the pain returns!
 
Back
Top Bottom