Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

One week from now you'll be on the road to recovery!!! Your positive attitude will help you so much, & you'll do great! We're all here for you! Keeping you in my thots & prayers!
 
Thanks everyone. Yall are such an amazing group of people and I'm glad I found this site months ago. You aren't here physically but I've had so many words of encouragement, prayers, amazing advice, yall have really helped keep me going thru this nightmare whwn all in wanted to do was give up and I wanna say thank you for being here for me. It means alot :)
 
You've got us behind you all the way!
 
I'm not sure what it means, maybe he looked on my xrays and found something else idk but the paper I signed at the hospital today said the reason for the surgery was a failed device. What does that mean cuz it's different than what was written before
 
It just means that the the prosthesis is not correct. It seems a broad diagnosis so that he can replace the spacer and fix any other problems that he sees during your revision.
 
It's incorrect anyway as devices don't fail. Only the surgery fails! I think it's more likely his way of shifting the 'blame'!
 
That's a lot of what's wrong with the world. Very few people are accountable for their actions anymore. Always shifting the blame to someone else. It's nice to know these implants don't fail. I plan on keep mine til death do us part!
 
Oh I'm not seeing the same doctor that did my original surgery. This new doctor is the one that found the problem so nobody is shifting blame. I've fired my old doctor, he's been outta there for a month. I found a real good one this time, so you misunderstand lol. I'm never letting dr ubanzcyk cut on me ever ever again. So he's not the one that coded it as a failed device. The new doctor said the spacer the old doctor put in was way too small causing instability and so he's fixing it. I was just wondering if between the 17th when he did the xrays and today if he perhaps took a closer look and maybe found something more going on in there which is possible when you've got a loose spacer it can cause all sorts of things to go wrong.
 
It sounds like this new OS is going to be very thorough. :thumb:
 
One more day.... omg I'm afraid... I thought the fear was gone but I woke up shaking today.
 
Good luck for tomorrow Xanaphia. Hopefully it will be less to cope with than last time, although you coped with that very well. You are strong!
 
Just think how much better you'll be with the right implant in! You will be much better!
 
Bah. They switched it on me at the last minute lol my surgery had been reset for the 7th
 
Oh poo. What a let down. Try to look at it, that things happen for a reason!
 
So sorry you've had a delay, that's tough, I can imagine how anxious you are, and probably just want to get it over with now. I hope you can get some peace of mind while you wait. You will be ok.
Tabby xxx
 
I'm sorry to hear your surgery was postponed. What a let-down! However, best wishes for the 7th. We'll be here for you. :friends:
 
@Xanaphia
Just popping by to say I hope you are ok, and that everything goes according to plan on the 7th.
Sending love and good wishes across the pond.
Tabby xxx
 
@Xanaphia I've been off this site for a couple of months with a trip back home to Canada and trying to will myself to a positive place with my own knee. Strong healing prayers sent your way.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom