THR Both easier and harder than I thought<

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NellBell Phone victory! It always feels good when creative problem solving succeeds.

And your brothers....sigh. You could remind them that you are volunteering 22 days per month, and you are asking for 2-3 days each month from them....so you can physically recover? They can split those 2 days with spouses, grandkids, and or other qualified helpers. But you need some support over the next 3 months as your parents recover.

Ultimately, some may rise to the occasion, and others simply might not. If not, please don't hesitate to hire weekend help and send them the bill. If you injure yourself, you may not be able to help them at all.
 
@NellBell - I wanted to share what my surgeon said about restrictions going forward, but quite frankly, I got a 'perhaps', 'yes', 'no', 'to be discussed' response from him. :oyvey: I think he's looking at me, specifically, and not the general population. It does seem that everyone will have their own 'prescription' on what is permissible for them short term and then long term. I did notice that you do have the dual mobility device which is a very secure one. I also saw in one of your posts, not in your thread but another's (can't recall) that your surgeon professed confidence with this device, and that it is nearly impossible to dislocate. Did she at some point lose this confidence with her assessment at some point?

EDS - this sounds scary, especially with someone who has or needs joint replacement. Hopefully, this is not you?

I glad to see you have placed the guilt card on the table with your siblings. You, truly seem to be the mature adult in your family. Probably won't get any fancy medals for this but in your heart and soul, you know you are doing the right thing. Especially in the long term. The truth of the matter is, as a family, everyone needs to step up to the plate to contribute. Their time will come, too, someday. I little bit from everyone would go a long way!

Have a great day!:flwrysmile:
 
Well we have had one or two but I can't seem to find them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom