Guest viewing is limited

Bonesmart newbie- right tkr - 90 days and counting

My experience so far is that any fears I had have not materialized. Hope you have an easy time in the hospital.
 
@SpaceGirl Best wishes Thursday. (That's my sweetheart's birthday.) You're so right about the turnaround. While everyone's experience is different, I don't feel at all ready at 3 mos for the next TKR, but must proceed for financial and job reasons. (Don't tell my surgeon! O_o) I'm still extremely ouchy. Also, weaning off Tramadol so I could be drug-free seven days prior to surgery has NOT been fun. Withdrawals are yucky. Very, VERY easy to see how folks can become addicted to their pain RXs. =| This has been my first experience with heavy duty opiates. (I'd always opted out of the occasional Vicodin offered by dentist in favor of ibuprofen).
Well, it sounds like you're ready--certainly more so than I. I'm actually more nervous than before because I know what recovery is like. Not to frighten you. Again, the surgery and hospital stay are a cakewalk. But having your husband and church family (home-cooked meals?! So jelly. I'm so sick of sodium-packed frozen dinners.) will make a world of difference. If I might impress a final thought (Hubby, are you reading?), don't expect too much of yourself and know that the recovery is going to take longer than you expect. Your life for the next few weeks WILL revolve around pain management (yes...icing, elevating, and meds). It's a FT job. You're fortunate to be able to enlist hubby's help in recording when you took meds. Not so easy a task when you're fuzzy headed. I've seriously stood there w/ the bottle in my hand not remembering if I'd just taken it! *face palm* It rendered me in tears a couple times because I chose to forgo, lest I double-dose by mistake. O_o
Well, I've prattled on long enough. I don't want to think about next Tuesday (my day), but I suppose I should. I'll prolly be at my OS's office (final pre-op) when you'll be waking from the anesthesia.
I'll remember to pray.
You're gonna do great! =D

Elaine

P.S. Didn't see a PM from you yet and for some reason it says "Error...no permission" when I try to PM you. Weird.
 
Awww. You will do just fine. I completely understand how you feel having only one day between my surgeries. After my first surgery I had a bit of a meltdown and began to cry. The nurse getting me situated in my room said to just let those tears flow. This whole experience can be overwhelming.

On the other side of surgery I can honestly say that I feel so much better than before. You have your husband and children who love you so much. They will help get you through this. Life will be so much better going forward and this will just be a memory. You can do this.

Thanks friend. I am sure it was no cake walk having them so close together either! I am glad you are doing well though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@Arttie I am sure that will be the case for me too. Emotions run high for sure.

@eelainea65 thanks so much! I am sure I am going to feel the same come Jan providing all goes well. I don't look forward to the med issue but hopefully it will work out for us.

I am as ready as I can be I think. I have most stuff lined up, still need to pack my bag today for the hospital.

I so forgot to message you! I am sorry, I will try on this app and if that does not work I will get on the computer this evening and do so :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Alright so I finally got my call for arrival time. 1 pm. Sigh. I am going to be starving by the time I am done in surgery. [emoji31][emoji24]. That is pretty depressing. I will have to keep myself busy tomorrow morning.

I finally got the grocery shopping done. Yay! Now we have food in the house and the kids won't starve [emoji51]

I guess I am as ready as I can be. I will pack my bag tomorrow most likely now since I have an afternoon time.

Hope you are all having a great day!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey, the good news is that your surgery is on! :yes!: If I don’t see you before then, here’s my wish for you To have a safe and wonderful experience.
 
Ditto, Susieshoes. Praying you visit Paris in your sleepy state. ♥️ You will be home before you know it and then one day and one Netflix series at a time. You will be just fine. Big hug for you.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom