THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Good update for you @ceezee. If you think about it, having both hips replaced so closely together surely had to be a strain on your lower back. Hopefully even if they decide that is the case, it will be a relatively easy fix for you, or even better, they tell you it's already beginning to heal.
Surely those brussel sprouts are helping!! :eyebrows:
 
I hope the nerve issue eases for you as your body remains in repair mode.
Keep eating those good for you Brussels Sprouts too. Among other impressive benefits eating them supposedly helps reduce inflammation.

One of my quick and easiest way of prepping / eating them (and cauliflower) is to toss with sliced red onion and garlic in olive oil sprinkled with Lawry's then roast on a baking sheet for about 30-40 mins. Easy and yummy!

Hope today is a good day @ceezee and that you're feeling well rested after the excitement of your vacay. :)
 
Ooh, your method of preparing Brussel sprouts sounds yummy, too, @Layla. I guess I'll have to give that a try and maybe I'll end up actually liking them instead of merely tolerating them. I hope the doctor is able to sort things out on Thursday, @ceezee. I think tingling and numbness sounds unpleasant but not painful. Still figuring out what it is and how to ease the sensation would be great, the icing on the cake for what sounds like at this point an excellent recovery.
 
@Barbaraj The Gabapentin makes it fairly tolerable with only numbness and tingling. Without it it’s very painful to both the touch and in general. I couldn’t even stand to have clothes or sheets touch it. And it was getting jolts every so often. The Gabapentin has really helped but now because the bone has healed more options are available.

My friend goes deep sea fishing and just brought over some Sea Bass she caught yesterday! Tonight it’ll probably be Morimoto’s famous miso black cod recipe which works very well with this fish. I have a Japanese electric fish double broiler that does a great job with it.

Yesterday I inadvertently ended up with nearly 8,000 steps so today I’m taking it easier. Promise. :heehee:
 
@ceezee, you really do love cooking, don't you? Your meals and dishes sound amazing.
8,000 steps! But how do you feel today? I'm guessing pretty good since you didn't mention any extra soreness. :flwrysmile:
 
oooh. Miso cod! We do it sous vide. Yummy!
Morimotos recipe looks good for SV!
 
Last edited:
@Calgal I woke up today with no stiffness and felt great. I’m a little sore and stiff now that I've done some sitting down and then getting up and walking again. It’s painful mainly in my glutes now so that is a plus. And I can’t remember the last time I used the cane. Probably I should use it some. My gait isn’t bad but higher stairs are a real bear. Up is step by step still but down isn’t bad. I still need a railing though.

I do love to cook and find it relaxing and fulfilling. I haven’t done much cooking since my first surgery in May so now it’s a real treat to get back to it.

I used to have a very stressful job and the worse my day was the more elaborate the dinner that night. I have a zillion cookbooks and figure if I get one great recipe out of it it’s worth it. Plus now the internet, where there are some really bad recipes. Lol.

I’m thinking I should go back to my three glasses of wine solution and see if the glutes pain goes away like the IT band pain did. :rotfl:

:martini::beer::cheers:
 
Good Morning CZ :wave:
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Wishing you a sunshine lollipops and rainbows kind of day :wink:
Hope your Wednesday is all you want it to be!
@ceezee
 
Hey, @ceezee, that "3 glasses of wine" solution sounds promising. Even if your glutes were sore, maybe you simply don't notice when you're feeling blissed out! I chuckled at your description from when you were working, how stressful days resulted in ever more elaborate meals! Just the opposite for me, I'd come home after a dreadful day and say, "canned soup and sandwiches, kids--line up". And now my days are usually not stressful at all and I can barely even rise to canned soup anymore. But, you've said you are an enthusiastic and curious cook, so no wonder that you have a zillion cookbooks and can describe such scrumptious meals for all of us who read with watering mouths! Happy Wednesday!
 
I was intrigued by an Internet recipe for a one pot pasta dish. Proves that you should vet your source. Everyone is a chef even when they aren't.
Pasta
Canned artichoke hearts
onion
garlic
Baby spinach
mushrooms
red pepper flakes
oregano
basil

Instructions: throw ALL into a pot of water cook for 15 min. Parm
cheese at service
Ugh. no
I didnt
Technique counts. I sauteed the ingredients stepwise then added the cooked pasta and a little of the pasta water
Very good.
 
The meeting with the spine doctor today went well. No surgery is needed and no injection at this time and hopefully never. I clearly have a mild issue with my lower back but it’s not unusual for someone my age. (Bless his heart before looking at my info he said early 60’s, lol.) He’s recommending I stay on the Gabapentin for now as the symptoms are decreasing ever so slowly. He also wrote a script for PT to teach me the Mackenzie method to help strengthen my back. His opinion was that the combination of the two hip replacements in a short period of time and the associated odd walking patterns and various leg lengths have exacerbated this. And once this levels out I’ll see an improvement. This is what my Primary Physician also thought. I think this is correct. If we’re all wrong I have his cell phone number to call and he’ll ramp it up with an MRI and a more aggressive approach.

Today I’m likely walking better and with less pain than I have in years.
 
That sounds like pretty good news @ceezee. Hopefully the PT does the trick and helps your back. Never heard of the Mackenzie method, if you don't mind filling us in once you've tried it I personally would find it interesting to hear about! Have a great evening and watch for those ghosts and goblins! :yikes::spider:
 
@ceezee wow ... coming home zonked and using that occasion to cook a better meal ... wow! ... that's so constructive. Reminds me of a grad school buddy who said he got depressed all the time in college, but his coping method for depression was to study ... so he ended up with great grades.

Glad to hear of the good appointment with the spine doctor. On the age thing ... I'm younger than you are ... but when I saw a physical medicine doctor about my back he said the same thing ... "totally normal as we age." ... and my PT said the same thing to me as well. She also said that 80 percent of her patients come because of back problems.
 
Happy Halloween!
Wow, good news! No surgery and no big needles and a great compliment to boot! I'll bet you walked out of there with a little hop in your step. :wink:

I'm glad to hear the symptoms are easing, albeit slowly, you're heading in the right direction. :yes!:

PS Please don't tell us you are handing out home made salted nut rolls.
And next we'll read MaineGirl made her own chocolate covered toffee for the little trick and treaters. You two put most of us to shame. :blush: :heehee:
@ceezee
 
Last edited:
Please don't tell us you are handing out home made salted nut rolls.
I order them and Peterson Nut Goodies from Amazon!
[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery!
[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery!
 
I will say, I did laugh when I saw the pic of the Salted Nut Roll! :heehee:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom