THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Oh I have to pick your brain for what to see and where to eat in Montreal. Have it picked out for our winter mini vacation in a city. Not to far yet still not familiar!
Was the whiskey bar Pub Il Noire?
 
Hello and Happy Saturday!
Wow...you've done well with the daily steps. Hope you're handling it all comfortably. You can rest on the way home. Let hubs drive and take a nappy?
Safe travels to the pups and your happy place...home!
@ceezee
 
Oh I have to pick your brain for what to see and where to eat in Montreal. Have it picked out for our winter mini vacation in a city. Not to far yet still not familiar!
Was the whiskey bar Pub Il Noire?
Yes that was the whiskey bar! I love it there. It’s over a McDonald’s of all things. We go there once or twice every year and the bartender even remembers me. Along with serving all the whiskeys, she also makes some great cocktails. This time I had a riff off of an Old Fashioned made with bourbon, dark rum, ginger simple syrup, and a twist of orange.

I’ll pull together a list of our favorite restaurants and get them to you.

Its a great city! Super restaurants...and the markets are to die for.
 
We’re back home. The dogs have been picked up and were overjoyed to see us. I did all of the driving so I’m fairly beat and plan on having a do nothing day tomorrow. Just wash clothes and read.

Getting out of the car was stiff and sore but it eased up pretty quickly. And going up stairs is still a real problem. My glutes on the right side are very sore and just can’t cope with it yet. But the IT Band is still behaving itself and that is a huge improvement. Monday is my 4 week checkup since I was allowed to walk again. I’ll be seeing the OS and I’m hoping he’ll take X-rays. If he doesn’t offer I’ll try to insist on it.
 
Welcome home! Happy doggies.. I'm sure they are glued to you tonight.

I would insist too-on x-rays- I bet they plan on doing them, so hopefully you won't need to get all stern with them.
Your vacation sounded so nice.. yay!
 
Welcome home from
a fantastic vacation! I too like to drive and find that on long trips( we did 11 hours in the car leaf peeping ten days ago) I do fine though better with frequent breaks
Thanks for the list: we too love the cheeses and though we have fine maple syrup at home in the Quebec farmers markets it is dirt cheap!
 
I so agree, @ceezee, while vacations are fun (and exhausting) there is nothing like getting home to one's own bed and certainly those adorable dogs of yours. I hope you really do take it easy and rest up after all your exertions, and best of luck tomorrow at your check-in!
 
Hello and Happy Sunday!
Glad to see you made it home safely and retrieved the fur babies from the dog sitter. I'll bet they were so excited to see you and even happier to get back to their home and cave beds. So adorable!
I hope you enjoy the peaceful, relaxing Sunday you've planned!
@ceezee
 
I was fairly successful today in doing nothing. Only three loads of wash from the trip, made dinner with Brussel sprouts, caramelized parsnips, and sautéed cod. And baked a banana bread using bananas I had thrown in the freezer before we left. They weren’t quite overripe enough but it’s still good.

Only 4,000+ steps for about 2 miles. And I never left the house.:heehee:
 
Hey, you did well, ceezee!
But don't sell yourself short. Washing, folding and putting away laundry as well as prepping a meal (which by the way sounds yummy) and cleaning up afterward is hardly doing nothing.
Hopefully you're feeling rested and caught up.
Put your feet up and enjoy a peaceful evening!
@ceezee
 
Put your feet up and enjoy a peaceful evening!
Yes, I’m following your instructions. Ripple is being very accommodating.
[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery!
 
Love it, ceezee.
I'll bet those pups were so happy to see you! You look comfy, cozy.
Enjoy!
 
My checkup went great. :yes!: The X-rays look perfect and the femur has healed. All you can see is the normal slight bump, a callus I guess, where the fracture was. No additional movement of the implant. So he wants to see me again in 2 months just to take another look but he’s not expecting to see a problem. He feels if something was to go wrong it would have done it by now. I’m to simply keep on walking. He was surprised I was able to do that much walking in Montréal. Hey, so were my husband and I. :snork:

He encouraged me to see a spine specialist about my numb and tingly skin on my left thigh. No reason to wait at this point. I have an appointment for that with a doctor he recommended on Thursday.

:walking:
 
Wonderful news, ceezee!
It is amazing you did well with all of the walking without landing in the ODIC.
I hope you find answers for the tingling and numbness when you visit the spine doctor on Thursday.
All the best....have a great day :)
@ceezee
 
Oh, boy, @ceezee, I know you weren't expecting any problems, but I'm guessing it was still a relief to have that confirmed by the doctor! Wahoo--you are doing so great, well on the way to a full recovery. That tingling and numbness on your left thigh--they think it's something to do with your spine rather than hip surgical recovery? I will be interested to read what the doctor says at your appointment. And good for you getting it scheduled right away! Happy Monday!
 
The numbing and tingling started about two weeks after my second surgery and it’s on the other side. Where the first surgery was. I laid on that side overnight and I normally never lay on that side. When it woke up the thigh skin only was very painful but numb to the touch. Eventually my Primary physician put me on Gabapentin and it’s helped but not eliminated it. They all think pinched nerve in my back. I hope it gets figured out and isn’t difficult to fix.
 
Hi @ceezee

Love your pup pillow. ❤️ So cute. I’m guessing they are all happy to have Mum home. Wonderful news with your appointment with OS. Nerves do take a long time to recover so hoping it all works itself out this next couple of months.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom