THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Oh my stars...I almost spaced that out!
Oh, how beautiful it is where you are.:loveshwr:
So glad you felt up to it as it has to be restorative to your spirit.
Enjoy and be safe.
 
Beautiful...picture perfect, ceezee. How relaxing I'll bet.
I hope you're enjoying every minute and resting up for the walking you'll be doing in Montreal. Safe travels as you continue the journey.
It was nice to hear from you! :wave:
@ceezee
 
Oddly enough, I had 3 glasses of wine last night with dinner....we’re walking about 6 blocks through the hotel yards back from the dining room. And on the walk back to the cottage I had no pain. None.

I guess I need to drink more wine. :heehee:
 
Breath taking beauty there @ceezee So glad you are faring so well. Three glasses of wine, going to have to try that Friday. Pain free and probably good night of sleep!
 
Definitely a helpful trip...two days without the tight IT band. :happydance:Let’s hope it holds.

Of course, the pain moved to my glutes but with that at least I can walk more easily. It’s just the steps up that are a killer. I’m hoping that walking around Montréal for a couple of days will help with that. We leave in about an hour and are driving directly to one of their fabulous markets...Atwater Marché...and then to the hotel to check in.

Here‘s a photo of last night’s sunset taken from the cabin.
[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery!
 
:hi:
That's beautiful, ceezee. Safe travels today as you're on the road to Montreal.
I can imagine how relaxing your stay at the cabin was.
Enjoy!
@ceezee
 
Sounds like you're having a wonderful time, @ceezee And such lovely, peaceful vistas in your photos--must be calming and relaxing. Enjoy!
 
It’s no longer so calm and peaceful. We’re now In Montréal. Beautiful city with incredible food. We hit the Atwater Market in time for lunch and then picked out many cheeses to have vacuum packed and brought back to home.
So many great places for dinner but first we hit my favorite whiskey bar in the world. About once a year we make it to Montreal and always try to stop in.
I managed 7000 steps today and I can see how out of shape I am. But as my husband reminds me it’s been many many months since I’ve done anything. My IT band is staying quiet and my glutes are painful but I feel better overall than I’ve felt in a very long time.
I’m ending with a photo I took in Montréal near the hotel where we’re staying.
[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery!
 
Hey @ceezee :wave:
Looks like the leaves are at their peak. I'll bet it's gorgeous.
At 7000 steps, you're doing great. I sure hope you're not out of commission today after all of that walking.
Happy Friday....enjoy Montreal!
 
Wow, cool urban art there, @ceezee--very different from those peaceful rural vistas but just goes to show how you're seeing it all. Congrats on that 7000 steps, and I am sure you're relieved that you're still doing okay even if some residual stiffness and soreness. Seems like it was a wonderful trip for you and your husband.
 
Well, today is interesting. I was a little stiff and sore when I got up but not too bad. Then we went to breakfast in the hotel and out for a walk to the nearby shops. In 2 hours I ended up walking ~5000 steps and over 2 miles. I was hobbling a bit by that point. So it was back to the hotel to put up the feet and relax. Next step was taking a shower and some Advil. That definitely helped. And then we went out to the Whiskey bar that is one of my favorite places to hit here in Montreal. It’s downhill from the hotel, about a half a mile, and we took it slow but I felt much better.

After an amazing cocktail for me and a cider for my husband we headed back.....uphill for 3 blocks. Slow but steady with no stopping. My goodness I am in bad shape. This is going to take some serious work, I can see that now.

We’re back at the hotel now and I have my feet back up on pillows. My watch says I’ve done a little under 8,000 steps. It’s a few hours before we walk to dinner.....yes, more walking but not very far.

Tomorrow is easy.....I’ll be driving the 470 miles home. We’ll pick up the two dogs and it’s back to the house for some puppy love.

It’s been a great vacation, I’ve gotten much stronger, and we’ve relaxed. All good things.
 
@ceezee, that is some trip you're on ... and what spectacular photo of the area near your hotel. Sounds like you're paying attention to your body ... pushing and then pulling back ... using the new device but not overdoing the soft tissue. Hope you are enjoying yourself.
 
Thank you for the photo. Unique graffiti art for sure. What a festive area, with a feast of things for the eyes to see. Glad you made it to your favorite whisky bar.

It must be a great feeling to be able to do before hip pain, activities, again.
I definitely miss traveling for pleasure and I am enjoying your report on Montreal. Safe home to your pups!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom