THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Oh no.. I'm sorry, I thought it helped better than that, and nerves can take so long to calm down.
I'm sure she is, but have to ask, because I'm very interested... is your LMT is addressing your lower lumbar muscles?
So glad you can get out and about now.. that has to be so uplifting.
 
I'm sure she is, but have to ask, because I'm very interested... is your LMT is addressing your lower lumbar muscles?
Yes she is and it’s helped. I’m convinced this is from sleeping weird and maybe even somehow connected to the pinched nerve causing the numbing in the thigh. I go back this Friday so that will help again. A week from then I’ll be on the road up to Vermont and finally to Canada. So before then, next week, I’ll have another session. Everything is connected......
 
Awesome! I just wondered if she noticed any trigger points in that area.
I have to say again, you've been very calm and patient through everything this summer!!
I remember when you awakened with swelling and that pain in the left leg. :chinstroke:

That vacation can’t come soon enough!
 
It may all be a coincidence but last night I didn’t sleep with a pillow under my legs and avoided laying on my left side and no backache this morning. :chinstroke: Still somewhat stiff though this morning. I guess that’s to be expected.

My LMT definitely noticed a trigger point there and worked on it. It was my first massage after the femur fracture diagnosis so she took it easy on me.
 
Good Morning!
Whatever the reason for waking without the backache, hip hip hooray! :happydance:
A great way to start the day. Another wonderful trip in the works, Norway, early next Summer, how exciting and how lucky you are. I'll bet it's fun to plan such a getaway.

I hope you have an enjoyable afternoon with your book club. The ladies will be pleasantly surprised to see you walk in sans assistive device.
Enjoy!
@ceezee
 
Hurray for no backache, @ceezee! I think we ALL feel stiff and sore in the morning to some degree, but normally it eases up over the course of a day. You are doing great, and I bet you're excited about your upcoming trip. I think half the fun of getaways is the anticipation. Happy Hump Day!
 
Glad to read your comment about how you slept and waking up without the back pain.
So, that may need to be your goal for a while. :) :-) (:
I hope you enjoyed your Book club meeting today.. that sounds like a lot of fun.
 
The book club meeting was amazing. We had a professional storyteller give a performance. She’s won many national awards and lives locally. She had all of us spellbound for nearly an hour. The title was “Storytelling is Pulling Magic out of Thin Air”. And that’s what happened.

The more I moved today the better I felt. All except for the burning in the skin of my left leg. It’s one of those cases where when the worst pain goes away the next lesser one now seems worse than it did before. I’m waiting for the uptake in Gabapentin dosage to kick in. Apparently it can take 1 to 2 weeks to get back up to speed.

I’m going to try for another good nights sleep and hopefully no back pain tomorrow morning. :fingersx:

Tomorrow night we have a Philadelphia Orchestra concert down town. Before the concert we’re having dinner at a restaurant in the Kimmel Center where the orchestra plays so I don’t have to do too much extra walking. Hopefully we’ll be able to park across the street. The concert hall is a stunning venue and we get a 6 concert plan plus always add a couple of other concerts that we’d like to hear. I’ve been getting a yearly subscription since 1977. The big trick is to not eat too much before the concert. :heehee: I am so excited that I’ll be able to make this concert. I was very worried earlier that I’d miss them. (We also have one the following Thursday.)

Then on Friday is another massage. :yes!:
 
Then on Friday is another massage. :yes!:
:loveshwr:

The book club sounds amazing.. And The Kimmel! We've been a few times, but not like you are getting to experience it. I hope your gabapentin kicks in soon. You have places to go!
 
Good Morning :wave:
The experience at your book club sounds awesome and intriguing. Especially since the actress had you all captivated by her performance. Now that's not what I envisioned a book club experience to be like and while maybe not the norm, it sounds very entertaining. Glad you enjoyed!

With any luck you had a good night's sleep and the meds start relieving the burning sensation you've described.

I hope you have a wonderful dinner tonight and thoroughly enjoy the Philly
Orchestra performance. It sounds wonderful @ceezee as does the relaxing massage you can look forward to tomorrow.
Have a great Thursday!

:)
 
I think I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

My left thigh is getting better by starting Gabapentin again. The skin still hurts and I get the occasional jolt of lightning running through it but it’s much better.

My right leg is getting stronger and less painful. The weekly massages are a huge help. I’m able to sleep through the night and switch to both sides, back, and front. I think that has generally helped my flexibility. I’ve found that the more I walk the better I feel. Going up and down steps is still a mixed bag but better all the time. The most painful sections on the right side are at the top at the incision and down by my knee. This is where the massage helps the most. I’m going back on Friday and we leave the next day for a week.

I’ve put away all of the recovery accessories except for my walking sticks and grabbers. Gone are — walkers, crutches, extra pillows, wedge, the cane with the four points, toilet seat raisers, etc. We’ve moved the sofa and coffee table back to their original places because we don’t need to make room for the walker or crutches anymore.

I’m starting to do some of the things I put on hold for months. It all feels great! I’m a long way from 100% but I can see it.

It’s only been 2 1/2 weeks since I’ve been able to walk but I can now see that I’ll get over this.
 
Hi @ceezee
Great update...I love it!
Ditching that assistive stuff is the best feeling. Although I still use the Lounge Doctor sometimes while watching tv because I like it. Are you putting that away also?

It's wonderful the massages are helping. I'll bet you're excited for next Saturday. You'll have such a great time....so exciting!
Feeling good and on your way. :yes!:
Hope this week is a great one. :)
 
FANTASTIC update @ceezee !! Sooo happy to hear all the good results. :yes!:
I'm still working on my strength. Walking is great but if I try to do any 'exercises' as such I can still see the weakness in hip leg, mostly those pesky glutes. But as you say there's light at the end of the tunnel. :SUNsmile:. Have a great holiday!
 
@Layla The Lounge Doctor is hidden behind the side of the sofa and I haven’t used it for a while but definitely should. I think it helps with getting the lymphatic stuff moving around. Your idea of using while watching tv is good. Because Ripple spends her evenings cuddling next to me on the sofa I quit using it. Not enough room! She’ll just have to be satisfied with laying in one of the Cave Beds.
 
The assistive devices are back in the closet and the furniture is back in it's proper place. You and your husband must feel such relief!
Now you are ready to travel and gradually increase your walking, etc.

Congratulations @ceezee. :loveshwr:
 
I forgot about your femur setback!
Its nice to get back to more normal and I hope your trip goes snowless
Last year we went to Quebec City Nov12-16 and had a massive snowstorm going up (2 feet) and another going home
If you have snow tires put them on.
Of course I hope for great weather for you!
 
It can snow when I’m at the lodge on the lake.....

There’s a fine dining restaurant in the lodge, our room has a fireplace, and we’re bringing a bottle of port.
 
It can snow when I’m at the lodge on the lake.....

There’s a fine dining restaurant in the lodge, our room has a fireplace, and we’re bringing a bottle of port.
Great! We had good weather while we were there but the coming and going was scary!
I thought Nov a tad early for the white stuff!
 
I thought Nov a tad early for the white stuff!
I grew up in central Minnesota and the deer hunters (like my Dad) were always hoping for early November snow so they could easily track any deer they shot. Usually they got their wish!
 
Positively amazed at your progress. Very happy everything is moving along for you as you stare down your holiday plans around the corner. So very encouraging that you can see the end in sight. That is huge!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom