THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

:wowspring::wow::yahoo:

Hip #2 is done!

My surgeon said the hip was in very bad shape but he was able to make them the same length. That should be really helpful with improving my gait. I’m looking like going home tomorrow is a real possibility.

Unlike last time today I was able to stand and walk 140 steps with the initial PT exam. I have ice on it. Again, he’s keeping with the no PT until much much later. And basically no restrictionsl

I have my first follow up at 4 weeks. And I should be able to drive, using common sense, in around 3-4 weeks.

So good news all around.

I’m on oxycodone and so I’m going catch some more :sleep: now.

:happydance:So glad to hear you are mobile and pain sounds managed.
Restorative sleep is certainly what you need so rest all you can.
:friends:

@ceezee you sound awesome, good news on walking and possibly going home tomorrow. Happy they seem to have your pain under control, get you some rest and start healing!
:yes!:

@ceezee Yahoo....hip done #2. Glad you felt good enough to let us all in on your good news. Hope you are catching good zzz's right now. ♥️

Love your hair. I never dyed mine. Would love to see the whippets-can you post a pic?And what were the activities on Tuesday?

65A64AEF-125F-4975-9D04-C9C0B563A313.jpeg

Loki, who’s 9.

5EBBE578-18E0-4698-A3B4-64FB95A28383.jpeg

And his new lady friend who came yesterday, Ripple.

Here's her babies @mikeycat

Oh they are lovely--thanks Mojo333 for posting. I love all animals. I must have been one in another lifetime.Which one is the one you just got?

The tan one, Ripple, looking confidently into the camera for her closeup, eyeliner in place, is the newest
@mikeycat

Happy to see you on this side @ceezee
I hope you're home by now, icing and resting comfortably. Post when you're feeling up to it, we'll be here.
Hugs

Those blasted bugs! I just came in because I saw little black dots flying around me. The bugs that cause me swelling move so fast I can't see what they are. I know it's bigger than a gnat, just can't get a look at it to know. Maybe you can set up a bug catcher. Take a shallow dish with water and dish soap in it, then put it under a lamp for the night.Bug comes to the light and get into the soapy water gets stuck and dies. I did this when Lucy was having problems with fleas. Didn't get any fleas however got alot of pantry moths I was fighting. Lot of non toxic ways to kill the pesty things online. Good luck.

I’m Home!!!

I got let loose around 3pm. Earlier at the hospital I had some brief PT and OP to make sure I could do the usual—up and down steps, get in and out a car, get in and out of a bed.

I can’t believe how much easier this surgery is and I’m hoping it’s not an early fluke. I found out that they couldn’t get the spinal to work and I ended up with a General. The only downside I can tell is that it’s made my throat a little raspy. I was able to get up twice during the night to use the hospital room’s bathroom. I think the word got around during the evening to help keep the meds under control. The nurse who messed up during my previous surgery was switched to another person. I know because her name was initially entered on the white board and then it was erased and another person was added to mine. That certainly helped my sleep.
My gait seems better.:yes!: I had lunch and dinner with no accompaniment nausea. My dogs are still at my friend’s house most likely until Friday.

When we got discharged my sweet husband made an excellent spreadsheet to help me/us keep my medication under control.

My medication is very slightly modified from the last. Flexeril was added to be taken immediately and then once a day for the least amount of times. Also Celebrex once a day was added for anti inflammation. I’m still on the oxycodone to help with the moderate and severe pain.

When I got home I took a scheduled oxycodone and immediately fell into a wonderful 3 hour nap. Tonight I’ll likely be on the couch in the den for sleeping overnight. Or trying to sleep.:heehee:

And finally I remembered I need to use ice, ice, ice. I had gotten out of the habit. :snork:

Swelling isn’t too bad yet and the knee on my operated side is very painful. All expected.

And now I’m off to take another stab at this couch back side sleeping position. :catwindow:

It's great to be home isn't it? Sounds a bit like me. I had a general but it was I who demanded it--good thing because most of their meds didn't work on me. Sounds like a better time of it this time. Hope you have a steady, pain-free recovery.

Happy Thursday!
Aaah, home! It's the best. It sounds like you're doing well so far. It's great to read you feel it may be easier this time. I'm sure knowing the ropes helps a bit. I'll bet you're less apprehensive about every little thing like the first time around. Just think how great you'll be feeling by the holidays this year. So exciting! :yes!:
I hope you have a great day!
@ceezee

Good morning @ceezee. Well, you are sounding like you have things under control and can't wait to hear how your night went!! Welcome home! :flwrysmile:

Oh, no place like home, is there, @ceezee! Sounds like they've given you an appropriate amount of medication--and how sweet of your husband to create a spreadsheet to keep track of the schedule--and so far, knock on wood, you are doing okay. Somehow I found the second surgery a bit more uncomfortable than the first one, but at this point the first two weeks are beyond me so I'm soldiering on--full recovery, here I come! I hope you continue to stay rested with managed pain, and some activity (oh, those slow and doddering trips to the bathroom!) Welcome home, and once you get through this recovery, you'll be a fully bionic babe and next year is going to be fabulous--hurray for you!

@CricketHip @Barbaraj My night was amazing. I went to bed (really my downstairs couch with the Lounge Doctor for my feet) late near midnight due to another nap in the late afternoon. I set two alarm clocks for when my next med round was due and fell fast asleep. In fact I slept through both alarms. But I woke up at 4am and was only late for the oxy by an hour. So not too much damage. Reaching to my side table to take them woke me up enough to do a 1 crossword puzzle and a couple of Words With Friends and then getting a fresh ice pack was enough so that right after the oxy hit my system I was right back asleep. Then at 8 I woke up for good when my husband came down to check on me. I slept just under 8 actual hours. :wow:

I’m slightly terrified that I will fall into ODIC because I feel so good. I have no log leg. I have no LLD which appeared at the earlier surgery on the left hip. My appetite is alive and well.

Of course the surgical pain is screaming at me but it’s not as much as last time. And because there’s no log leg my gait is pretty good with the walker. I’m remembering to keep up with the icing. But my right knee and butt muscles are very sore.

Today is a lay around day. Not a thing is planned. My husband is making BLT’s for lunch and meatloaf with baked potatoes for dinner.

Tomorrow I get to take a shower, my husband can pick up the dogs, and we’re having my sister in law and her husband over for a chat and dinner and they are handling the food. Pizza!!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LeonGirl