Bilateral TKR Blakqueen's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, well my blood pressure has been down since the surgery ranging from 97/57 to 101/63 the higher after they gave me a blood transfusion, my hemoglobin was 8.4. That wasn't so bad was given my own blood that I auto donated. Because of bp I have to go on the bed pan:hissyfit:. Hope to bp up and more PT tomorrow. Pain meds :sleep:
 
Well Kim, you just keep dropping back off to sleep for now. It is one of the things your body needs most to recover, especially at this early stage of recovery. Sleep tight! :sleep:
 
Hi everyone, had a crazy, been having blood pressure problems too low hanging out in 97/57:what: ; PT was not dealing with me on Saturday. Sunday morning the cute devil Sean OT got me out of bed to chair while I was eating breakfast. Oh the pain was crazy. Sat ate significant came to visit. Pressure was still low so was hemoglobin; during the knight nurse gave unit of blood. Visited then PT came in to walk and leg exercises in the chair. Walked to bathroom what a relief and down the hall; did leg exercises got rom 90 flexion 5 both knees.battery dying
Kim
 
Good morning Kim, glad to hear you got rid of the bed pan! :th_heehee: maybe you need to get really riled up about something to get your blood pressure up! Seriously, I hope you start picking up today. Have a good day. I am off in a couple hours now.
 
So I know my last post was a little choppy, so let's begin again. Had a not so good weekend, one - my blood pressure was low since surgery hanging in around 97/57; then my hemoglobin was low @ 8.2. So Saturday evening i had to get a blood transfusion, got many IVs fluid to up my pressure. So got my own blood, which was very satisfying. My hemoglobin rose to 8.7, pressure was still low. On Sunday medical doctor came to see me about my medical issues, so because I was constipated the doctor gave me strong laxative. So 2 I had a very eventful night, bed pan and crazy nurses aides :hissyfit: you get it!!!!!!!! Now my blood pressure is 135/83 hemoglobin still low but I have been approved to go to hospital rehab. So this evening I will be moved to inpatient rehab. Today rom left 85; rt 89: flexion 0 both knees
Kim:thumb:
 
Gosh, Kim, there's no place to go but UP! Sorry you had so many issues---but at least they've gotten resolved and you're going to rehab.

Just remember that you are the customer; and the customer is always right. Do not allow yourself to be hurt or pushed to do painful things. Good rehab at this point in time should be gentle and easy and it should only cause mild discomfort as you try to increase flexion. You have extension completely covered!

Plan to watch a lot of mindless TV---as long as you're on meds concentrating is difficult, so reading is just impossible. And visit with others there in rehab, it's good for all of you---takes you mind off you.

In spite of a rocky start, you sound mighty upbeat and positive---keep that going, it does wonders for you! Take care of yourself and keep us posted. We care.
 
You sound as though you are working steadily through the minefield that is recovery way to go lass I hope you make more and more progress and all your troubles are easily overcome
 
So I at the rehab side and I just found out that I'm only on Percocet as needed; no long term pain management:hissyfit::hissyfit: WTH :what::what: Hello BTKR really!!!!!!! When the doctor asked me was I managing my pain I thought he was referring to what I taking. Morphine shot in between my Percocet really :scratch::hairpulling:

Kim
 
So I at the rehab side and I just found out that I'm only on Percocet as needed; no long term pain management:hissyfit::hissyfit: WTH :what::what: Hello BTKR really!!!!!!! When the doctor asked me was I managing my pain I thought he was referring to what I taking. Morphine shot in between my Percocet really :scratch::hairpulling:

Kim
I would get a call to your OS or to the pain management team and explain to them very firmly and plainly that you are in pain---you should not have to endure this and something can and should be done.

Hang in there---you are on the mend and I am glad to read that the BP has come up.
 
So I at the rehab side and I just found out that I'm only on Percocet as needed; no long term pain management:hissyfit::hissyfit: WTH :what::what: Hello BTKR really!!!!!!! When the doctor asked me was I managing my pain I thought he was referring to what I taking. Morphine shot in between my Percocet really :scratch::hairpulling:

Kim

Kim, when I was transferred to rehab I too was taken off morphine and given Percoset. I was fine. I can't tell from your post if you are in pain, in discomfort, or just upset an unexpected change to your medication was made. If you are in pain speak to your doctor.
 
Historian, yes upset about change,but also in pain!!! I was given a one time order for long term pain med @ about 10:30pm. Woke up for bathroom at 2am, was in pain due to bathroom trip; received Percocet 2 and at 4:15 am still up and still have so much pain in my right leg.
Kim
 
Are you asking for your pain medication every 4 hours? I had to ask for mine, they didn't just bring it. They also gave me morphine when the Percocet wasn't enough, will they do that? I hope they get your pain under control soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom