Guest viewing is limited

TKR Birthday Cake and Ice Cream on the Other Side--All invited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Cathy! Enjoy today ! My usual wishes to my friends on their birthday is for good health and happy travels for the year to come, you are wished all of that and more. I hope you are better than I was on posting after surgery. I just couldn't make myself get with the program. Love and hugs go with you today.
Sissy
 
Wishing you a very Happy Knee-Birthday. This is a birthday you wont forget in a while. Wishing you a very Happy and succesful recovery. Put my name down for a peice of cake. Will look forward to your posts when you are ready. Take care x
 
Happy birthday maddoxsmama :cheers:
Hope that lovely new baby knee is doing well. Have as good a birthday as you can on your first full day post surgery.
I think you should have a rerun when you are up and about and feeling better.
Take it gently, you are now on your recovery path, one small step at a time and you will get there,
Big birthday hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance:
 
Good morning, Cathy. Just thinking about you and hoping everything went smoothly for you yesterday. Prayers for you as your recovery begins-steady and slow as onward you go!! Hope to hear from you soon! OH, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!:happydance:
 
Happy Birthday Cathy :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: I hope the Op went well and your resting comfortably! Now the recovery begins :friends: :dancy:
 
Happy birthday wishes coming your way and hope you're feeling better. I have not had the nausea but could sleep around the clock. Did the give you something to stop the vomiting. So sorry you have to deal with that. Big hugs. Barb. .
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHY!!!!! I am thinking of you and your new knee, hope everything went well for you!
Sounds like you have had some nausea from Barb's post, hope they get that under control soon.
Sending light, love, good wishes and hugs!!


s.
 
In hope you start feeling better soon Cathy! take care :flwrysmile:
 
Thinking of you Cathy, hoping your feeling alot better, and now on the road to recovery, take care, my thoughts are with you..
Lee:puppysmooze:
 
Just poping in to say Hi and I hope your recovery is going well. Big Hugs :friends: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
I am out of cake, but I will have a little ice cream and send some positive thoughts your way on what should be late on day 3.
 
Checking in to send good wishes! I am thinking about you and hoping things are going well for you :SUNsmile:
 
Hope all went well with surgery

I having been doing my best to eat cake for you - my birthday was the day of your surgery:heehee:

Wishing you pain free days and sleep at night :flwrysmile:
 
PT did my stretches, I put weight on it but not painful. I was hooked up to morphine pump which I think made the nausea worse. First time up with PT didn't accomplish much. I was dizzy since I had not been able to eat because of the nausea. But a few hours after I kept something down, I just breezed through them. Luckily, I like my hospital PT crew. They pushed me to the point of discomfort and then had me stop them. My knee is not at all swollen but I am constantly using the Game Ready ice/compression machine on it.

I was released from the hospital Sunday. I was doing so well that the doctor was willing to release me on Saturday but my husband felt better if I spend another night there so I did.

I was released with a prescription for blood thinner and Percocet once every four hours. Also something for nausea and a stool softener. I have been sitting my alarm through the night and am staying ahead of the pain so far.

I am just so happy the dreading the surgery and the waiting are all behind me. I am doing everything I can to make this recovery go well. I know I will have ups and downs but I also know I have made the right decision. I so hate being dependent on any one but every morning I say to myself that I can do anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I have already called the hospital and told them that their surgical staff are great. They took such great care of me, my hubby even took them a couple boxes of Russell Stover chocolates . Of course, I kept one for myself.

Didn't quite manage to have cake for my birthday but I know deep down that I got one of the best presents I could give myself. :flwrysmile: Guess what?! The nurses called me "teachers pet" because my OS was so attentive!!
 
For some reason, it did not post the first part of my thread??!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom