Guest viewing is limited

TKR Birthday Cake and Ice Cream on the Other Side--All invited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cathy, it's so good to hear from you! I knew that you were probably doing good and staying busy!! I look forward to the days when I can be out for the whole day doing things I like to do. I'm 5 weeks post op, and the recovery seems to have stalled a bit. I have good ROM but one of my knees is not behaving, and I'm wondering if it was the worst one??? I do my exercises and ride my bike every day, but patience is not one of my better virtues-imagine that!! I'm so glad you are doing great and getting back in the swing of things. Take care and come back when you can!!
 
So how have those hot flashes been? Every time I get warm, I think "oh no, they are starting again," but so far, so good. Hope you get are finding some relief. I trust you have been behaving yourself. You have such discipline. Have a good weekend.
 
Grammy59 Thanks for thinking about me. I am doing fine with my knee. Each day just seems to get better and better. I will be 3 months post op on July 18 so time is just passing by. I understand what you say when you talk about developing patience. I have never been a real patient person but this surgery sure has made me into one!! Almost joined the Overdid It Club Friday. Just was busy all day long and didn't take time for any breaks--knee gently reminded me that she is still in charge so I am slowing down a bit. Been having issues with hot flashes--thought those were over years ago but they have started back. Have tried everything I can think of and nothing worked so I made an appointment with my gyn for next week.

Keep following our Bonesmart mantra and you will get better every day--it is just so hard to be patient!!
 
Ready Still fighting those flashes. Yesterday I just went to the grocery store and was shopping away and started a major meltdown. My hair was so wet that it looked like someone sprayed me with a water hose!! Very embarrassing!!! Have no idea what is going on. Have an appointment with my gyn on Friday and I am sure she will order some blood work for me. My surgical knee is doing fine but the arthritis in my left knee has been flaring up (hopefully just weather related and will go away). Do I sound like Pollyanna!!?? May be joining you with the second knee sooner that I had hoped. :hairpulling: :hairpulling:

How are you doing? I am sure it is harder to go slow since your other knee is doing so well. I visited with the ODIC (over did it club) on Friday--knew I needed to take some breaks but just didn't want to take the time--of course, my knee reminded me that night!! Guess I am a slow learner!! Enjoy your weekend!!
 
Hi, Cathy. Oh, Dear. I sure hope you don't have many more of those meltdowns. If only there was some way to head them off. Maybe it is just pain med related and not hormonal. That would be nice, because it would be over soon. Let me know what you find out. You don't join the ODIC very often, hope it was worth it.
 
Hey Cathy, I used to have lots of hot flashes when my body system was out of whack. Anything that disturbed the normal balance would set them off and I think the surgery would qualify or maybe all the meds possibly. Hopefully they will calm down soon! Have a blessed Sunday!
 
Thanks guys! So depressing because I thought my flashing days were over! My body system is definitely out of whack. I have never taken so many meds as I have with this surgery. Go to doctor on Friday. Keep fingers crossed that I get some answers. Knee doing much better and not preventing me from doing things but now I have to deal with the flashes every time I do something. Just have to have a little more patience!!!!!!
 
Can't wait to find out what you learn at your appt. The last few nights have been burners! I was hoping to avoid it this time. Oh, well.
 
Ready Just came back from dr. visit. Go Monday morning for blood work. From all the info I gave her, she feels I need some kind of hormone therapy but wants to run several tests before she decides for sure. She is testing for any deficiency in my blood, testing for diabetes, checking my thyroid and the list goes on. This was the first time I have had an appointment with her and I was very impressed. She doesn't want to start me on something until she rules out other things. So I guess in the meantime, I will just continue to FLASH and deal with it. Now I will spend my weekend researching about hormone therapy. Just don't like to take a bunch of stuff but I guess if my body needs it, I have no choice!! Have a great weekend and take care of that knee.
 
Yes, do your research. Some of my friends have found relief, some have shared horror stories. Again, each body is different. Have a cool day! Hope you get to do something fun this weekend.
 
Hi everyone!! Celebrating my 3 month post op anniversary today by going shopping at the mall. I have been unable to actually shop at the mall for the last two years. I had to select the stores that were closest to the mall entrance because I was unable to wall the entire length of the mall due to the pain in my knee. Today I walked the entire length of the mall and browsed through several stores and not once did I feel any pain in my knee. I just love this new knee!!!! :yahoo: When I came home with an armload of packages, my husband just smiled and said, "I do believe you are finally getting back to your old self" and I agree!! I am completely off all pain meds, only taking Tylenol whenever I feel I need it. I do continue to ice my knee at least once or twice a day and elevate it.

While shopping I ran into the wife of a gentleman that I used to teach with. She is dealing with arthritis in her knee and is doing all the shots and things that we all have done trying to find some comfort from the pain. I told her that I have reached the point where I can truly say all I went through in recovery was really worth it. And since I am only three months post op, I am sure it will continue to get better and better. For the ones of you who are still early in your recovery, please stay positive and follow the Bonesmart mantra to a "T". There is a bucket of gold at the end of this recovery rainbow. It just takes being patient to finally get there!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend and continue to take care of those knees!!! :flwrysmile:
 
What a fabulous post. Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement. Have a great Sunday.
 
Hi all my fellow Bonesmarties!! Just thought I would post and let everyone know how well I am doing. It seems like 3 months post op has been the magic time for me. My knee is acting completely normal. No swelling, no tightness, no warmth to the touch and I haven't even had to take a Tylenol for over a week. I am walking without having to even think about my knee--what a wonderful feeling!! Hope everyone else is progressing as well as I am. Until later---take care of those knees!!!! :dancy: :spin: :happydance:
 
Glad to hear you are doing so well Cathy! It is wonderful to have our mobility back again! Take care.
 
Hi Kathy So good to hear from you and to know that you and your knee are doing well. All of us start to get back into the swing of things and we don't have the time to post like we used to. So glad you are doing so good. I keep in touch with Barb (Eastside 85). We talk or text almost every day. Although we live approximately 300 miles apart we are hoping to actually meet face to face sometime this fall. We have been such support for each other through this surgery and recovery. All thanks to Bonesmart!!! Check back in when you have time, you have been in my thoughts a lot.
 
Hi everyone!! Just thought I would post the latest. Went to my OS appointment yesterday. X rays looked great, scar looks great, walking without a limp and bending and straightening are good. Such a good report that I do not have to go back for a 6 month checkup. Don't go back until next April for my yearly checkup. Yes--such good news. :dancy: :spin: :dancy: Since I have had constant appointments the last two years about my knees, I don't know if I will know how to act without all those doctor appointments. I feel like I have successfully made it through this knee surgery and recovery (even though I know I am not completely healed yet). I would like to send a big thank you to all my friends and fellow Bonesmarties who helped me every step of the way by sharing, supporting and just being there. I feel that many of my prayers were answered the day I stumbled upon this site!! :thankyou:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom