MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

@billywhizz666, you wouldn't believe how sad I felt when I finally got around to reading your posts. My heart aches for all you're going through right now. Hang in there….get that eye taken care of and know that all of us here are rooting for you! Better days are ahead!

Hi @billywhizz666

We haven't heard from you in a while and I'm wondering how you are getting on.

I think that, maybe, you could be lying flat and taking care of your detached retina. If that's so, I hope that your eye is healing well.

I just wanted you to know that we are still here for you, still thinking of you, and still wishing you well for both your eye and your knee.

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Hello people missed u all so much..well to get you up to speed..they could write a flipping book about me and me knee....great title...serious I went the hosp and. It turned out I had a tear in my retina and worst of all the black floaters were not black but brown..meaning blood in me eye not good..

It was horrendous they decided to treat me immediately and a young girl plastered my eye..I couldn't get comfy due to knee and started sweating like a pig which in turn meant I kept slipping and she kept shouting. But eventually she said it was over...my eye was burning ..due to lasers the whole world was purple to me.and she ushered me out so fast I slipped.

My poor wife took off at the girl whilst I was being sick into my hands...cut a long story taxi home and off to bed were my bloody knee decided to remind me what real pain is..but at least I was not admitted as I originally feared and it could be gettin better..but I still have same symptoms..

When I left u last I had bottled your advice, so so sorry, and allowed me free reign even tho without exaggeration I really did have to bite a pillow. She came back 1 week later and in all honesty I had done 50% of what she wanted. The bending backwards of my knee continued..the pain was horrific..

To bring u up to date I'm now 4 weeks. Post op and she came again yesterday to treat me..she was really surprised that even with her payrolls massage my whole knee has seized up and to use her words were going backwards. She has now fast tracked me an appointment with my surgeon next week, I'm not sure why but my guesses were not pleasant.

Now to finish my tale off with a good ending,she came today examined my knee and literary screamed. From God knows where I have a massive swelling at the top of my groin, same leg as op. She rushed me to my doctors who diagnosed a femoral hernia or a torn muscle and yes I'm back in hospital next week. Decided to leave my lottery tickets today just a gut feeling..you know!!!!

Still on co.codamol and ibuprofen. Getting about 4 hours sleep now which I can live with. Poor wife is shattered and needs a holiday.

Speak again soon unless I have a stroke x x x Jimmy

Geez Jimmy - just awful! Now that you're going to see a surgeon again you can put him on notice how it's going to be this time around. You left it to them last time and they hashed it up - tell them you expect better and NOT to be ignored when you feel something going wrong.

Poor guy, it just shouldn't be this dramatic or rushed. Wishing you all the best - you're due for some luck and light!

My heart goes out to you, what a nightmare, hoping it ends soon.
Sending you healing thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®

Oh Jimmy, I'm so sorry to hear of all you have been through!

I do hope that things go better for you from now on. Surely you are due for some good luck!

Rest up and take care of yourself and, when you can, let us know how you are getting on.

@billywhizz666

Jimmy,

You have and are still going through so much physically & emotionally since your TKR on 8 August.

Hopefully, the upcoming appointment with your surgeon & a return to hospital will help to sort out your situation.

If possible, rest & relax this weekend.
And know that you have our support & best wishes for you.

Cathie

Well, I just hope she learned her lesson - that we're not nutters and freaks but know a whole lot more about this process than she does! I hope you will take that on board too. Aggressive physio is not effective and causes more trouble than it resolves.

Please get well soon, dear Jimmy you are in our hearts and prayers always

Hi jimmy,
Wishing you the best for the coming few weeks. Rest up and stay in hospital as long as you can so they can observe you and help you .
Take care,
Deb

@billywhizz666
Hi Jimmy - I am so very sorry for this lousy situation. And I agree with Jo; be firm with your OS about how this was unnecessarily traumatic and could have been easily avoided with the approach we all advocate here. I am pretty sure that your retina and the hernia are all by products of the terrible PT treatment and the stress and pain it caused. I will keep you in my thoughts..

OMG Jimmy! What a horror story...you really should write a book! I hope the coming days will bring you some comfort and healing! You certainly are in our prayers and thoughts. Like Deb said, let them take care of you! Please feel better soon.

Here's another wish for your healing. At least in hospital you can try to get everything that is wrong with you sorted out. Tell them everything and be sure they listen!! Poor guy...this is a mess. I hope your PT realizes what she has done. When you feel better, be sure to find someone gentle to help with the knee.
Please keep us up to date on how you are doing with the knee, eye and hernia. God bless you, Jimmy.
Prayers for you are going your way. Christie

Its 2 in the morning not 6 like I prayed to St Kenny of Dalglish to get me too but hey ho... When I started this thread, or to put it my little daughters way...became just another whingeing dad !!! I really and seriously wanted to know whether it really should be hurt in this much.

Thanks to everyone's lovely Answers..thank u Chrissie xxx.... I realized yes it should ok I accept that now but to rewrite that statement as I must now... is it supposed to burn this much? I say burn as in a description cos now I'm woken up by cramps...and this horrible burning feeling right on my scar...not near it or next to it but on it???? Anyone similar??

My pt, due to me being cheap on me kindle this gas come....has.....come out as or.op..anything but pt...cheap should be ****..dear Lord guide me or buy me a pen....she has told me due to the lump in me groin..that she thinks I have a low level infection...and to demand off my doctor a blood test....which I completely forgot to do..and. hey ho she is back to torture me tomorrow...should be interesting....

I'm not hot ..running a temp...or in pain much from me groin it's just a big lump.....yes mother I did hear that comment thank u.....now I have to go and take this ice off as my poor dear wife has fell back to sleep...cannot take in how much of a nurse she has become to me..love her...although my daughter use,s the word carer....should of stuck wit boy babies so much easier......nite nite..xxxx

skigirl, wow im happy for you but I don't think your experience is the norm. I know that my muscles are in horrible condition after not being able to exercise for years because of my bad knees and other things.

I do agree that PT should not be so painful. I'm hoping mine won't be too aggressive. I don't feel like having to argue with treatment. I've only been once and it was fine. Tomorrow I go for my second visit. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Since I am a ski instructor, and I was able to ski until right before the surgery, I am stronger than most people going into the surgery---esp. those who wait until they are nearly infirm. (which would have been me, but my husband pushed me into surgery!) So, my recovery is not the norm because I am much more physically active than most people---but the fact that I had no pain at all in Pt is not unusual. I never heard anyone crying or screaming in pain in my pt.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft