MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

Yikes! Such a nightmare for both you and your family. So sorry to hear this. Let's tag @Josephine . I am sure she will help you. Take care!
 
Oh Jimmy! I'm so sorry to hear that you've had yet another setback. :console2:

However, I'm glad you're home safely again. I'm glad you got rid of the clots in your lungs and that you're now on an anticoagulant. I do hope that your progress starts to go better from now on.
I'm quite angry now and my family are walking Round me on tiptoe like I'm gonna kick the bucket any day...
Use that anger to make sure that nobody, ever, does anything to hurt your leg and your knee again.
Use it to let any therapist know that you won't tolerate anything that causes you pain, or makes you feel pain afterwards.
Use it to make sure that your family doesn't try to do a therapists' job.

You are the only one who has the right to say what will happen to your knee and leg.
 
Oh, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. I can't believe all this. Nightmares personified.

You know I'm always here for you and if you want my counsel, you have only to post your questions and I will do all I possibly can to help.
 
What a terrible tale. I will keep you in my prayers that you finally are able to start to heal and look forward to a better future.
 
Hi Jimmy

Sorry it's been so long since I contacted you. Oh my goodness, I was so sad and shocked when I read your experiences.

It's so nice now though that you are in control, understandably angry at your situation and your family are beginning to understand why you had such a problem originally. That bullying first physio should be ashamed. I'm glad you've taken legal advice. What you have been through is unthinkable and unbearable.

I'm glad you've been treated for the clots and that you are safely on Warfarin. That must've been very scary with the chest pains. I wish you a speedy recovery and I will pop across to see how you're doing.

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
My daughter had a PE after a long flight---I was so scared myself. I understand your anger---I have been there. But, most of the time I was most angry with myself. Letting people do things to you is a fast track to anger---at least in my case. I always remember that line from Steel Magnolias when Wheezy meets her old boyfriend and he tells her she looks the same. She turns to him and says, "I am not as sweet as i used to be"!!! That's me!!

Just take this recovery slowly. No pushing or shoving of your knee by anyone. Let the tissues heal. it takes six weeks for bones to heal and soft tissue are almost the same. Think about it, if you had a sprained ankle, you would wear an air cast for six weeks. So take your time and rest and ice. You can get it done this time and
 
Jimmy, if your knee is big and shiny, it needs rest---NOT exercise. I would do gentle heel slides or even rock in a rocking chair and let the knee gently bend. In your case, I am not sure you should even see a PT since you cannot tell them to stop and not hurt you. Maybe you should just rest and gently bend this knee for a few weeks. I hope you are icing and elevating for about 89% of your day.

Elevating your leg to control swelling and pain
Using ice
 
Hi hope it goes well now, I was put in the same position myself not put on the drugs to stop clotting I was lucky, am now on the drugs to stop blood clots picked up by one of the nurses. Mal.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom