Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready is an interesting word!! LOL. I'm organised I think, feeling reasonably calm intermittently with anxiety attacks!! Yesterday in the shops I had a moment of freaking out internally, but was ok by the end of the day. Today I'm heading off to the Barossa Valley (famous wine district here in Aus), to a bed and breakfast retreat for the night. It is a beautiful quiet and calm place to spend a night with my husband before going in. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure panic will return Monday on my return. How are you going?
 
Back and forth between going for it and canceling. Lol. Went out for dinner tonight. Will finish laundry and pack tomorrow. Biting my nails!!!!!


Bilateral tkr Mat19, 2014
 
I read some more stories early this morning in the recovery threads. Uuuughghhhh. Lol. I am me and will recover like me. I also am now afraid of the cpm machine!!!! The mind is a terrible companion some days.


Bilateral tkr Mat19, 2014
 
Yes. Two of them so I don't have to be laid up 12 hours.


Bilateral tkr Mat19, 2014
 
For what it's worth, I have been a little nervous about the CPM machine too. I'm a little claustrophobic and hate being restrained at all. My machine was delivered yesterday and the guy had me try it out to make sure it fit me. I didn't have any problem with it at all. Granted, that was with a knee that wasn't freshly operated on. It did help alleviate most of my apprehension about it.
 
I really didn't mind the CPM machine in the hospital other than the fact the constant motion made sleeping difficult for me. I didn't find it really painful and it did help with getting the leg elevated. However, since my OS doesn't feel they make a significant difference in ROM and left the decision up to me I opted out of using one at home and have progressed just fine.
 
My OS said he only uses one if the patient is not doing their exercises. I fully intend to do mine!
 
Yes. Two of them so I don't have to be laid up 12 hours.


Bilateral tkr Mat19, 2014

msmechanic58

Good luck tomorrow with your BTKR. hope everything goes smoothly post-op and we see you reporting positive recovery messages soon.

There are a lot of nice, caring and helpful people on here and they have all been through it and come out the other side...

Best wishes

Mike
 
If the CPM makes you claustrophobic, don't have your leg strapped in - it will work fine with your leg just lying inside the machine. I didn't hate it at all, but just didn't want to be bothered with it. You'll just have to see how it feels to you. You'll find that's the case with most of the recommendations/advice you get. Ultimately, it's your body and your decision what to use and what to refuse. It's amazing how many different recovery paths there are that all lead to ultimate success, so don't worry. Best wishes and will be looking forward to hearing your recovery story. :puppysmooze:
 
Thinking of you, and looking forward to sharing positive recovery stories on the other side!



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thoughts and prayers for yo on your big day tomorrow! Pleese post back in the Pot-Op Recovery when you feel up to it and are on "The Other Side"!

We look forward to hearing from you, and I will get the chance to teach another person the "BTKR Secret Handshake"!
 
I hate bananas too. But how about guacamole? Or swiss chard? We have some in our garden-yummy. How about sweet potatoes-baked and topped with salt and pepper or oven roasted with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. YUMMY! @referee54 I'm the exact opposite-I prefer my spinach lightly wilted in a saute pan with a touch of olive oil salt and pepper...yum. @msmechanic58 I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and looking for you on the other side. Best wishes for a successful surgery and easy recovery.
 
How about sweet potatoes-baked and topped with salt and pepper
For some reason, I have never been a big fan of yams or sweet potatoes. Even at Thanksgiving, I pass on them.

I just made my salad for my school lunch tomorrow---spinach, some chicken breast chunked up, cherry tomatoes, sweet "ymmy" peppers, green olives, and some carrots---I use a salad dressing called "Ken's Raspberry and Walnut Vinaigrette."
 
Best wishes tomorrow for an uneventful surgery and easy recovery! Looking forward to following your recovery!


BTKR 1 April 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom