Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get lunch from the school everyday. I think I shall have a baked potato. :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
I gave up eating school lunches. I have a refrigerator in my room, as well as a coffee pot and a microwave, so I bring a spinach salad everyday. I change up between chicken and salmon in it, but I have not had a sandwich or a school lunch in about five years.

Another plus with spinach is a half a cup of spinach a day helps to lower one's cholesterol.
 
I usually ternate between a wheat wrap an a chef salad. :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Have to go tomorrow for recheck of potassium. SO NERVOUS!!!! If you are of the praying sort, I could use some!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I feel like I could choke someone right now. 4 more wake ups!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Take a deep breath, and plan your next few days so you're busy. Thats what I've done - had a mild anxiety problem on Monday, but have been pretty chilled since then. Organising animals today, helping a student compete in an event on Sat, Sunday my husband and I are going away overnight, back Monday for packing and my sleepless night combined with panic attacks prior to surgery :). Focus on 6 weeks post op, think about the things you can do this time next year, think about the lack of bone on bone pain immediately. There really isn't an option, other than living with crippling chronic pain, so - deep breath, keep busy!!! I think you said this to me "Come on, we can do this" :)
 
oh yes - I believe those were my words. I dealt with doctors all day and felt like choking them. They left me feeling like my surgery would be canceled because my potassium level was a tenth of a point low. I cried at school today! So tired and tired of. On a happy note........my room mother is throwing me a surprise party tomorrow since it is my last day. One of my sweet baby girls followed me around all day and complained her tummy was hurting because she was worried about my surgery. Love my babies!
 
Medical supply man called today. Will have 2 cpm machines. Bringing them the day I come home. Where do I put 2 of these???


Howdy y'all from the beautiful state of Mississippi!
 
Yeah, they're big and bulky. After using a few times in hospital and rehab, I opted to skip having them at home. But some folks like them. I didn't hate - it was just difficult to get staff to help me into/out of them and having read that they don't really make a difference, I just didn't want to be bothered. But if they aren't costing you too much, it's worth a try. I had very good extension right from the start, and my flexion is good for this point in recovery so I don't think it hurt me not to use them. I also threw away those awful TED hose even though my surgeon wanted me to wear them. I guess I'm not an ideal patient - :loll:
 
You sound like me! Ha!

I'm not paying anything for them as I have met my out of pocket maximum. Insurance will cover all of the cost. We'll give it a try and see how it goes.


Howdy y'all from the beautiful state of Mississippi!
 
You might want to double check because sometimes "durable medical equipment" comes under a special clause. I was able to borrow walker, shower bench, etc. so didn't have to have anything supplied. I borrowed from friends but some communities have places where equipment can be borrowed so that's another option.
 
Regarding CPM machines, my OS also believes they offer little help. They used it on me in the hospital but he said it strictly up to me if I wanted to use one at home. I declined.
 
While CPMs make very little difference in the long run, some people find them helpful initially. At least, they elevate your legs a bit while you are using them.

Some people like them; others hate them.
 
I will use it because I respect my OS. I hope it helps me to get moving faster.
 
On another note, my show up at the hospital time was moved up to 5:15. *yikes!*
 
My CPM was delivered today. My doctor wants me to use it for 2 weeks after I get home. 2 hours/3 times a day. I have read that it doesn't do much good but I figure I might as well use it, as long as I'll be resting a lot anyway.
 
5:15? What time is your surgery? I'm supposed to be there at 6:00 for an 8:00 surgery.
 
I am almost 4 weeks after total knee replacement, I am in so much pain I think I am going crazy at times , I am on pain meds and taking them. Physical Therapy has me there 3 times a week , I have been going for 2 weeks now and can not handle 3 times a week I have reported off and have done 2 times one week and 1 time this week. My therapist pushes me so hard that I can not walk at all after , I am doing exercises at home, but I can not eat or sleep due to pain I do ice and elevate , witch hurts very bad, any suggestions before I go insane?
 
Rae Rae - I am so sorry you are in such pain! I haven't had my surgery yet so I'm not really the best person to give advice but I'm sure that sounds like WAY to much physical therapy if it's causing you that much pain. In other posts I've seen from @Josephine she always needs to know what meds you are taking (dosage and times) and how often you are icing and elevating. Definitely don't let the physical therapist hurt you like that! I hope you can get your pain under control - my thoughts are with you!
 
Sorry to hear Rae Rae, that sounds too painful - and not quite right. You may be better off however, starting your own thread in the recovery area, rather than the 'pre-op'. 2 reasons for this, 1. We are 'pre-op' people mainly, so less of us here for advice, and 2. To be honest, in a thread with people who are a day or two away from surgery (and being one of those), discussing uncontrolled pain can cause a bit of extra anxiety in those of us who don't need it right now.
I'm sure one of the moderators will be around soon to help you shft your post to the most appropriate place, and best of luck - you are certainly on the right forum for getting great advice to get you back on track.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom