Bilateral THR bilateral THR 10/22/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll see, there is a possible family conflict, but if not....................
i won't look it as a race anyway, just a nice walk,,,
with 1000 of my closest friends!!!!
 
sissy46, how much you wanna bet that you are right. Dutch is going to go for the gusto just days after having his stiches removed. I hope we won't be reading his post next week that reads something like:

"Well you see, I thought it was just my foot sweating in my sock. I had no idea that the incision opened during the walk with 1000 of my closest friends."
 
red sweat? i've seen green on commercials, but red???

LOL

stitches are out, had a little problem as one was healed over, so doc had to
come in and yank enough to get it cut and pulled it out. foot looks good,
no major swelling, maybe a little slightly under the ball of my foot, but i haven't been able to
step there so maybe it's just that new sensation. he did say that the piece of
nerve he removed was quite ugly, so he knew he took care of problem that was
causing the pain. back in my regular shoes! now, to train for that walk, i have
3 days to get ready!!!!!
(still not 100% sure i'm going to do it, but........)
 
I'm 100% sure you'll come limping back to BoneSmart with your tale of woe, right Damn! ?
But you'll have fun doing it.
 
here's a pic after the first stitch was removed, then they had trouble
getting the 2nd one out and went to get the dr to help. he came in
and with a bit more pulling he cut it and pulled it out. he said that
there were only the 2 to remove, and the rest was dissolving stitches
inside.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh back in my regular shoes!!!!
broken link removed: https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/sdutch/misc%20photos/foot.jpg
 
:yikes: Ouch! Bet you'll feel a whole lot better now that's done.
 
Double ouch! I hope it is feeling better now.
 
Alright Dutch, it has been a week since you updated your thread....what's the story? Did you turn your socks red?
 
um no
we had overnite guests saturday and it would have been rude to leave them sunday in time
to get to the 5K. But, I also had just gotten stitches out of my foot, and wasn't sure i should
go that far that soon. And, i hadn't been to a gym, or on a bike or any exercise in almost 3 weeks,
and my body shows it! So i didn't go, and have started back to the gym this week along with the
exercise bike i have here at home.
call me chicken i guess. I do want to do one, and there are a lot of 5K's around, and i'm sure most
of them have walkers in addition to the runners.
onto week 11 recovery update.
things at work are fine, able to sell, deliver if needed, ride the equipment with no problems, spent a couple
hours doing some snow removal in various machines last week.
i feel very good, and have to work on my flexibility some more, but,

i have a pain in my right hip that has not gotten better this past few weeks, even the 2 weeks my
foot was in the funny shoe and i was quite limited in my activity. as i'm becoming more active at
work, and now walking the treadmill and riding the bike, it may be getting a tad worse. i am putting
off a call to the OS for all the normal reasons, part of the recovery, irritated a muscle, or one of
many different common possibilities after THR. The pain is in my pelvis, not femur from what i can
tell. If i had to explain it, I would say it was similar to when I had a "torn labrum" type of pain back when
my hips were all deformed. It is most noticable when i first stand after sitting for a while, and if I
walk a bit, it doesn't hurt while walking (short average walking not treadmill). I did notice that while on the
treadmill the other day it was becoming more noticable, but i was going at a decent pace, 18 minute mile,
trying to lengthen my strides while i did it.
while driving in one of the trucks for work today, (about an hour) i noticed it getting achy, like it does
sometimes at nite sitting with my feet up on the coffee table (shhhhh) but i never have a problem
in my truck, much more comfy for me.

So that's the update. Monday is 12 weeks, and my plan was to try playing hockey by now, and
things are not looking good for that quite yet. If things don't start to improve soon, i will make a call
to the OS and see if they give me an appt and go from there.

so, tammy, glad you asked? i know how limited your time here is lately, sorry to consume so much
with this post. ENJOY your SUMMER weather!!!!!!
 
That was a great post Dutch. I enjoy catching up with you. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some pain in your pelvis. Please let us know what your OS has to say about it. I hope it is nothing serious. It seems like you are increasing your activity levels and doing pretty good with it. Bravo! Glad you didn't end up making your socks red....would have worried about your state of mind if you did.

Hasn't the time just flown by? This Monday will be 10 weeks for me. Looking back, I can't believe it has been that long.

My time is a bit limited right now. Busy time of the school year for me. The semester is about over and exams are next week. Then grades are due, etc....Things will slow down again for me in February, then pick back up again a month or so later. Feast or famine in this job.

I am hoping to participate in a Mud Run (5k) at the end of the school year. Will walk it if I have to.

Hope your New Year is going great!
Tammy
 
Hasn't the time just flown by? This Monday will be 10 weeks for me. Looking back, I can't believe it has been that long.
No kidding! It's over 14 weeks for me now. In the beginning I fretted over not researching more and going out-of-town for the anterior approach (but maybe waiting longer), then lamenting that my OS wouldn't let me drive until 8 weeks. That's all water under the bridge now.
 
isn't it interesting that at this pint, 10/12/14 weeks, nobody cares what approach
we had or what parts they put in. We are all progressing thru our recovery the
best we can.
I have to admit, as busy as i have been, and yea, a little soreness here and there,
it's nothing like it was last summer when i would have been in agony after work,
and the pain would keep me up at night and interfere with my sleep. That part
I don't miss!
 
just found this in a local newspaper, first time i've heard of it...
Outpatient joint replacement surgeries, patients going home
the same day!
broken link removed: https://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x1146189866/Locally-more-joint-replacement-patients-go-home-quickly

i can't imagine it, but, i guess it's working for those that do.
 
[Bonesmart.org] bilateral THR 10/22/12
I don't get it either. I can see going home the next day----but NOT the same day!
 
Ain't NO WAY!!!!!! No thanks. Not for me. I can remember what I felt like the night of my surgery. There is no fracking way I would have even considered going home. Heck no!!!!
 
:iagree: They had better drugs in the hospital than I got when I went home. When we first planned this surgery, I said I wanted to be one of those people who went home the next day, but since I was going home alone I decided to stay three nights. I think that was a good decision, especially since my experience at the hospital was so pleasant, and the food was good.
 
Not thinking I'd get all the boxes checked before heading out the door. Did Ok after the scopes but don't know about the replacements... I usually feel like **** and can't eat so I'm out!
 
oh i felt great that nite, my surgery was late afternoon, so i got back to the room
and ate dinner! i was hungry! little did i know what i was in for the next few days,
mostly due to the anemia. Obviously a bilat would never be considered for
same day discharge, but, i wonder if they are working towards that too?
no thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom