Bilateral THR bilateral THR 10/22/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! Glad you got it over with, and at least your recoveries will be concurrent instead of consecutive.
Hohoho, elevate, ice, rest, pain pills---you know what to do:reindeers:
 
too bad i have go back to work tomorrow/friday and half day saturday :(
but, after that, i'm off till next Wednesday, and another short week.
 
Dutch, I probably would have been a wimp and taken the rest of the week (or maybe persuaded them to work from home in my jammies). I know it's not always possible... Hey at least your skate will feel much better on that foot!

[Bonesmart.org] bilateral THR 10/22/12
 
Me too Dutch.. Don't you have the option of taking sick leave?
 
Poppett i just went back to work this week, and this surgery appt came up very last minute
as i wanted to get it done before 1 january, deductables are met with my hip surgery etc.
the reason i went back to work this week was so that i could be there to cover for my boss,
who started his 2 week vacation yesterday. I snuck out a few hours early yesterday, but i
feel good so far this morning, and think i can make it a couple days till the long weekend with
the holiday. I am looking at this foot thing as if it was just removing a sliver compared to the
BTHR! I do have sick leave, at our place it's all combined into paid time off, whether it be
for sick, vacation, personal time etc. But i want to save a bunch of that for walking a beach
next year someplace!!!!!
:happydance:
 
Glad your foot surgery went well, and work was doable. Can't blame you for saving time to be on the beach, that would be my preference also
 
OMG! That's a big foot. I hope this post finds you well on your way to putting on the skates again.

Merry Christmas Dutch!
Tammy
 
Thanks Tammy, they wrapped it up as if it was going to be a Christmas Gift or something!
it feels totally fine, never hurt, but i HATE having this huge bandage, and the dr office says
i can't take it off till my 2 week follow up! so i have this limp cuz of my foot being wrapped up,
and the sole my work boot is so high, i walk like i have 1 leg an inch shorter than the other one!!! ugh..
We had a great Christmas, we got tons of snow over the weekend, and the forecast is for another
ton tomorrow nite! ugh!
Winter is Here!!!
 
Well Dutch, take advantage of the snow. My OS told me at my last appointment that when I go to bed at night, I should first do some abduction exercies. He said for me to pretend I was making the bottom half of a snow angel...so get out there and make some for me....please!
 
Damn!

Pretend you are the bottom half of a snow angel.... How are you supposed to do that and what did he say was the benefit?

Curious... warrior :)
 
When you make a snow angel, you are laying flat on your back and using your abductor muscles to spread your legs out to the side....it is really like a lazy jumping-jack. Since my abductor muscles are toast since the surgery, his thought process is that every little bit helps. When I first tried this movement in therapy, I could only drag my leg out to the side a few inches, and even that was a struggle. Now I can slide my operated leg out about 10-12 inches before it becomes a struggle.

Hope this helps Poppet.

Tammy
 
Poppet He probably said "She's no angel," but @damn thought he said "snow angel.":heehee:
Snow angels are when you lie on your back in the snow and move your legs out to the side, and your arms up and down, and then when you get up it looks like an angel in the snow.
 
Well I never !!

I learn something every day from my warrior lovelies :)
 
:rofsign::rotfl::loll:

Sissy, have you met my family? I swear you guys must be in cahoots as they say the exact same things. Something about how I only hear what I want to hear....whatever!
 
that's certainly not me!
we got another foot of snow with the storm last nite,
thank god for my tractor with cab and snowblower!
 
[Bonesmart.org] bilateral THR 10/22/12


Hope this picture works.

Damn! How cool is that ! .... sorry for the pun :)

I am assuming you do this on the floor or the bed? and what did he say was the benefit? very interested... Duh!... silly me, should have read your earlier post explaining it..

I am going to try this, because I think this might be part of my problem - thanks hon!
 
I've been doing the hip inductions and they are a big help. I think that is where my muscles are still the weakest. Deb
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom