Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR bilateral THR 10/22/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch, that was quite a busy weekend for you. How are you feeling today? It is so nice that you are ticking off the items on the "Honey Do" list.

Happy Wednesday!
Tammy
 
I feel fine, i get VERY stiff after i get busy doing stuff, then sit for a bit. These projects make me
kneel, bend over, and lift stuff, and it's ok, but, after i'm done and I sit for a while, yikes! But,
it's manageable, and i'm really not in any great pain, maybe my muscles scream at me every once
in a while.

tomorrow i have a dentist appt, load up on antibiotics first, then it's the gym later in the day.
 
I find that if I am not moving or sitting too long, then I get stiff. Will have to get back to you as to whether I get stiff after walking too much or working out. I'm counting the days. Have fun at the gym and do a rep or two for me.
 
like all superheros, everyone has weakness, problem is some hide it better than others.
after my ice skate on monday, i woke up tuesday with a slight bit of pain in my right hip,
if i had a labrum (which i had torn a year or so ago before surgery) i would say it
was in that same area, but, since it's all new parts there, it can't be that. but it's more of
a nagging pain, when i walk, not terrible, but it's there. tuesday/wednesday as i posted i
did some honey do stuff around home, did not skate wednesday like i hoped, (although with that pain
i wasn't too bummed). then thursday the gym was closed, so i didn't get there, had a fairly
easy day. Friday, i did some more putzing around the house, and back to the rink for 45 mins
of skating, and that right side pain was there, but again not prohibiting me from walking or skating.
the only time i felt it on the ice was when i did some balance exercises, standing on 1 leg as i was moving
along and doing exercises with the other leg, lifting forwards, backwards, outwards etc. right as i
was doing that, i noticed that bit of pain in that right hip as i came down onto the other leg.
i am going to chalk it up to overdoing it, maybe? but the left side is perfectly fine. Later after
SO got home from work , we headed out for a shopping trip which included a stop for a nice dinner.
i did get sore, and tired by the end. I also have this nagging nerve issue in my left foot that can
really put me in a bad mood, and that acts up after a shopping trip like that. (appt with podiatrist
next friday to fix that!!!)
to add to all of this recovery stuff, SO's son calls at 3 am, and needs her help, LEO involved,
and that pretty much ruined the rest of the nite for sleep. after i got up, i need some alone time,
so i ventured out for a 1.5 mile walk since it stopped raining.
today was a family day for her kids and grandchild, while we decorated, bought and put up the tree, dinner, and a big sleep
over. all that went ok (so far), but, it's all happening on a short nite of sleep, and i hope to spend tomorrow
on my backside on the couch just relaxing. guess i will see how things feel monday before i start back in my
skating/gym routines.
Monday i am 7 weeks, and i go back to work a week from monday (the 17th).

sorry for the rant, it's been a long couple days! and i haven't updated anything since wednesday or so.

have a good weekend all
 
Don't get too discouraged Dutch. Your post made me tired with all of the activities you listed. But, with the pain you are experiencing, it wouldn't hurt to take it easy for a few days and see if it resolves itself. Remember to ice, elevate and medicate. Hope everything worked out ok for your SO's son.
 
thanks tammy
we'll see how things are monday
i don't think i'm going shopping tomorrow, besides if i'm with her
she can't buy stuff for me, right???
lol
 
Dutch, Dutch, Dutch... don't you know she can buy stuff for you whether you're with her or not? Silly guy. Al she has to do is say it's for someone else... :umm: .

I have similar feeling in my hip when I transition from my op leg to the other. Feel it most when i thlake the weight off the leg. I'm guessing it's telling you to take it easy (as you wisely picked up on). Not to worry, as you know it gets better every day.

:console2:
 
Another wise woman....listen to her Dutch. Dede knows what she is talking about. Hope you are enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday.
 
Hey Dutch, bummer:groan:I'm glad you're backing off for a day or so, and I bet you're feeling better by now. You've been going full speed ahead for a while. Even superheroes need a day off once in a while.
Keek us posted, okay?
 
it's ok, it's not getting worse, doing nothing at all today but watching some football
we'll see how it feels tomorrow, maybe i'll limit my skating time??
 
Ice is for putting on your hip as well as for skating on; are you doing that?
 
Oooooh!! I'm gonna sic Poppet on you! I have pity so I won't tag Josephine. Ice! Elevate! Rest! Pain meds!

You are a month behind me, and I still over do it and suffer the consequences. Bumps in the road, bumps in the road :bicycle2: This too shall pass.
 
Dutch, you are lucky we like you or we would SO be telling Josephine on you!
 
Personally, the only ice I've used has been in my rye. I even asked about it at PT because I saw it on one of my sheets, but not highlighted. She said they mostly use it for knee patients.
 
No, I discontinued the Tramacet within the first 2 weeks. Since then it's just been Tylenol in the morning and at night and maybe once during the day if I feel the need. I only started the Tylenol the 5th or 6th week after seeing suggestions here. It's not like I have pain, but it just lets me walk more and exercise without getting pain.
 
good sissy,
i'm thinking i need to back off the skating, my right hip is giving me a hint that
it may not like me doing that yet. i have gotten lazy with exercises other than
daily life, and i haven't been able to get to the gym 3 times a week as i had hoped,
so, i think i'm going to back off the skating, and try to get to the gym more, and
in between the gym visits do more PT type exercises here at home. I am amazed
at how weak my legs are, very noticeable on my skates. I'll try a week of exercises
and see how i feel and try skating again. :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom