Guest viewing is limited

Big Ronn

I'm glad about that. I was beginning to give up all hope. Especially when these Mr Professor tell you it's because you are flat footed.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ron, I've sorted out 5 surgeons who have a significant amount of experience in knee revision.
The numbers after their names are primary knees and revision knees so you can see the depths of their experience.

Each name is a link to that surgeon's profile.
The hospital names are links to the hospital websites so you can get address and telephone number.

I expect you will consider that The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital is quite a distance for you but it is a centre of excellence and I would recommend Richard Spencer Jones far above David Barrett who I do know!

Antony Langley Smith also has pretty good numbers on the face of it at 252 primary knees but he does fewer revisions at only 29. So all in all, my choice would most certainly be Richard Spencer Jones and be willing to accept the mileage to get the expertise. However, at the end of the day, the choice is fully yours.

Robert Jones And Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital
broken link removed: https://www.richardspencerjones.com/ 107 51
Antony Langley Smith 252 29
Johnpaul Whittaker 56 18

Southampton University Hospital
David Barrett 394 51
Philip Chapman-Sheath 142 23
 
Right Richard Spencer Jones it is Thank you. How do I go about making a appointment to see him. Do I go to my GP. And does he have to go through Mr professor Harvey at Bournemouth Hospital. Ronn


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'll tag @Josephine for you, Ronn.

I'm not certain, but I 'm pretty sure you don't have to go through Prof Harvey. I think your GP can refer you to the surgeon of your choice.
 
Just sending you best wishes for finding a good surgeon who will help you.
 
I'm glad you've made a choice. Now just go to your GP, provide him with the full name and the hospital name and ask him to refer you there. There is no reason for you to inform any of the surgeons you have thus far seen, it's none of their business!

One point, in the unlikely event you should be offered a choice by your GP to "Choose and Book" reject it. This is booking online and it does not allow you to specify which surgeon you want to see. There have been reports of patients needing a knee or hip replacement booking in this way finding themselves allocated to a foot surgeon! But since RJ&AG is so far away from you, I doubt this method of booking will be offered but I've mentioned it just in case!
 
Hi. @Josephine
I've been to see my GP. He has taken all the details needed to make the appointment with the Surgeon of our choice. However he has told me that it has to go B4 the board and could be turned down due to him being out of our area. I have to wait 2 weeks for the answer. I also have a hospital appointment this coming Tuesday regarding the insoles to be put into my shoe. Although I feel this is a complete waste of time, I have to go along with it I suppose!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, it does have to be considered by the CCG because of funding. But they shouldn't turn it down because it is your legal right to have your treatment anywhere you choose. Should they do so, then appeal it straight away, quoting the Patient's Charter I showed you.
 
Hi. Just to bring you up to speed, my GP sent a request to the board for me to see mr Richard Spencer Jones. I must admit he wasn't to happy with the reason y I wanted another opinion from another surgeon so far away with out asking mr Harvey or Barlows permission. I had an a letter from the board giving the OK for me to see him. I'm just waiting for the date of the appointment now. Best Regards. Big Ronn


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello. Just to bring you up to speed. I have now got my appointment with Richard Spencer Jones. On the 9th of October, so not long now. I'm having my insoles fitted this Friday 11th August. My GP also said he is on my side with this. He could see it's not right and the insoles are not going to correct anything.

Do I say to Mr Richard Spencer Jones that I have slicker to you and your feeling on it.

Best Regards. Big Ronn x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry my spelling isn't good today I did mean to say ( I have spoken to you )


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello Josephine. Hope you are well. I thought you would like to know about how the appointment went with Mr Richard Spencer Jones at The Robert Jones and Agnes Orthopaedic Hospital Oswestry.

On arrival I went for some X-rays then went in to see him. Not what I was expecting. What a nice man. He sat me down and without interrupting me at all I told him what I have been through with the other two Mr’s and when I told him Mr Barlow said once I got the insoles for my shoes all would be great again he didn’t laugh but was having trouble holding it back.

We went though the X-ray together and he explained all the bits and what is wrong. He has invited me to return in January for corrective surgery. What a relief! I told him all about you and how helpful you have been and without you I would never have found him. He is now writing to my own GP and he will send me a copy of this letter. I will let you know when my appointment is.

Thank you for your help getting me this far.

Best regards. Ronn Borrett xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really glad your appointment went so well!
 
I'm so glad it went well!
I told him all about you and how helpful you have been and without you I would never have found him.
But I'd love to know what he had to say about that!:heehee:
 
Hello I received my letter from the hospital today, he must have done it as I left his office. The main words were. Femoral and tibial component are internally rotated a considerable amount, and He has added me to his waiting list for Revision Surgery to correct the problem Amen


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom