Guest viewing is limited

Bent out of shape....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I've found your diary a great source of information and comfort.
Glad you like it. As good a recovery as I could possibly have hoped for, I think. 15 miles on the bike today.
And if you ever get to Penn's Woodlands here in the USA I'd love to ride with you. Just don't drop me.
Nearest I'll get is Cape Cod this July/August. Escaping those lympics, grown to hate the whole shebang.

And if you get to London, same deal.
 
Glad to see u here and thanks for the reply to my post u r in the right place for support keep asking ? Good luck march 8. Ill be right behind u march 22 BTKR will look for u on the other side
 
Glad you like it. As good a recovery as I could possibly have hoped for, I think. 15 miles on the bike today. Nearest I'll get is Cape Cod this July/August. Escaping those lympics, grown to hate the whole shebang.

And if you get to London, same deal.

I'll keep it in mind. I've long wanted to visit [SIZE=+1]...
"This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house
Against the envy of less happier lands,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.[/SIZE]"
 
Glad to see u here and thanks for the reply to my post u r in the right place for support keep asking ? Good luck march 8. Ill be right behind u march 22 BTKR will look for u on the other side

Deal. And perhaps we can ride together at some point.
 
OK, I've decided I'll keep a recovery diary on the 'other side.' I'll play nice. I promise.

Meanwhile later today I have pre-surgical testing at the hospital, followed by the required physical from my doctor. Dental clearance is Monday morning, I hope - it was dental that postponed things last time.
 
Fingers crossed brother... As I've said, I found this place well after my surgery and well into recovery. A diary is good, and helps with the questions and frustrations you will have.
 
Physical and pre-admission seemed to go well. Last time there were no problems so I don't expect any this time.

Dental is Monday. My gums are hurting in anticipation.... when I last saw the dentist he said he'd likely sign off pending his review of the work done - I had to take the root canal to a specialist.
 
Progress. I'm sure the waiting is getting intense. I had a one week slip, and that alone was murderous. Can't imagine quite how you feel.
 
One thing that I especially noticed was after my tkr surgery straightened out my left knee which was wobbling outward, I had to buy all new shoes. My old shoes no longer fit my new straight gait---my hiking boots were the worst, but I even got new cycling shoes as the old ones felt terrible. Think about your shoes when you start getting about. Kelly
 
Physical and pre-admission seemed to go well. Last time there were no problems so I don't expect any this time.

Dental is Monday. My gums are hurting in anticipation.... when I last saw the dentist he said he'd likely sign off pending his review of the work done - I had to take the root canal to a specialist.

It's not just anticipation. I ate some trail mix Friday night/Saturday morning and something seemed to irritate my gums. I have a sinking feeling about tomorrow morning......
 
Good luck with your dental appointment. Hope it is uneventful.
 
Best of luck this week. I totally agree with Kelly about new shoes and also. Getting bike refitted when you get your new legs. Like the Ref, I would love to ride with you someday. Kurt.
 
I passed the dental. The dentist is faxing his signoff to the surgeon as I type. Houston we are go....
 
Hmm. No comment on the good news I'm cleared for surgery. No one loves me....

Anyway now less than 24 hours. And I have a surprise.... I'm getting the Zimmer NextGen instead of the Stryker Triathalons. My surgeon doesn't use Stryker anymore. I don't know if I should be concerned or not.
 
T minus..... And counting. Go on autopilot and let the great team you have put together perform. Trust your surgeon and the implants he chooses. Will look for you on the other side. Kurt
 
Oh I'm sorry, my friend - it was about 3am by the time I got to your post.
I did read it but I was a bit posted out by then! Forgive me!
 
My best to you and prayers as well---I will look for your posts on the "other side"---please let us know how you are doing when you are able to!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom