THR Benne's 2nd THR Recovery

Thank you for the update, sounds like you are enjoying life to the fullest.
An excellent read for anyone just beginning a recovery journey. And I will agree bonesmart is the way to go. I still learn here & try to pass on knowledge to others facing any type of replacement. I met up for coffee with a GF last week. Her husband is scheduled for a knee replacement in June and I wrote down the website for her! Told her it’s well worth joining even if he only uses it for the first few months in recovery. Because there’s so much information and when you read about other people that have had the identical surgery and hear about any of their issues you relate and you don’t feel alone in recovery. i say if you haven’t had the surgery others have nothing to relate to. They can be kind but you need to feel the bond with others that are experiencing what you are going through.
 
Just noticed that it's June 20th. Happy one-year anniversary to my new left hip.

As I reported in my last post, it is happy and doing whatever I ask of it. We spent last weekend in NYC for our wedding anniversary, and my FitBit logged more than 15 miles of walking. Plus lots of stairs and lots of sitting.
No issues whatsoever.

It's been a long journey to get here, but Life is Good! :happydance:
 
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
That's worth some color and bold type, lol
We spent last weekend in NYC for our wedding anniversary, and my FitBit logged more than 15 miles of walking. Plus lots of stairs and lots of sitting.
No issues whatsoever.
So awesome!

I agree...Life Is Good!
 
Had to share this with everyone:

Even though I posted here to celebrate my one-year Left Hip Anniversary a few weeks back (June 20th), somehow I completely forgot that I was supposed to see my surgeon for my one-year follow-up!

So, we finally had a nice visit today and, no surprise, he said everything looks good.

When I explained why I came in 3 weeks late, he said "forgetting that your hip had surgery is the best outcome we could ask for!" :heehee:
 
Excellent, Deb! I agree with your surgeon - forgetting about having an artificial hip (or 2) is definitely a major milestone. These days I rarely think of mine ... until I log in here :snork:
 
I now dream of getting there with my knees
While I truly do forget about my hips, I must admit that I can NOT say the same for my knees. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking hips and knees recover the same way.

Although my knees function well and I can do whatever I want pain-free, there are little daily reminders (even 5 years along) that these are not original equipment -- little clicks when I walk, or the odd sensation when I kneel on the floor. You learn to ignore them for the most part because nothing hurts, but they make it harder to forget you've had a knee replacement.

Your knees will continue to improve and walking will become easy again. And what you WILL be able to forget is that awful arthritis pain that plagued you before the surgery. Even the slow progress through recovery will become a distant memory with time.

You'll get there! :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom