THR Belweav's new hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any foods that you are craving? I just wanted yogurt and fresh fruit early out from my LTHR. Ice cream?
 
@Jaycey the cravings are pretty much the soup, rice, beans, fruit, and chicken. Not much more than that. But if I see something that I think I can eat we get it.
@Cynthia777 and we live in an area that has what I think is some of the best. One of our restaurants was voted one of the nest burritos. And they are not open on Sundays.
 
It's the little things that count.....and laying and resting are HUGE little things. Whatever comfort foods you crave, have them....you've earned them!! Deal with the consequences later Now is time to care about you. It's not forever.....it's so that you are 'forever' recovered!
 
You lucky girl you! Living so close to Mexico, I would imagine you would have some pretty great Mexican restaurants! Since we will be near San Diego while on vacation, I'm going to hunt some down! You've got my mouth watering!
 
3 weeks post op and 2nd day home. The anxiety has receded some and I was able to eat more today. And I'm actually tired so I'm hoping sleep won't be too difficult.

The heat makes it difficult to get outside to walk. But I'm walking around the house.
As far as my recovery, I'm taking baby steps without my cane but really still need to used it.

I'm still amazed that I don't have any pain.

And my husband told me that after my surgery, the OS was talking with him about the surgery. He mentioned that he could tell that I had lost lots of weight and he said to keep encouraging me to continue getting the weight off because it would help with all of my joints.
 
Keep taking those baby steps. ...even indoors for awhile. At some point, maybe you and hubby could find an indoor mall to increase your walking time. You're on the right road of recovery!
 
@belweav I'm heading to the mall on Friday morning. Hubby is taking me for my badly needed haircut and then we will go to the mall for a little walk and cup of coffee. Probably followed by a nap!
 
@belweav Yay! Good to read you made it home and are doing ok. Sorry you are having some anxiety. Hopefully, a few more days at home will help. :)
 
@Nana2-8 I wish we had an indoor mall. Summer temps can hit 115+ and when they put a new mall in, it has all of the shops outside -- go figure:flabber:

And thanks for all of the well wishes, the anxiety is better today and I'm hungry and able to eat more.
We went out and I got a haircut and now are inside in the cool. I'm going to rest,, then it will be back out to take our Boston terrier to the vet. He's older, blind and not been feeling well. Not good after having lost one of the Chihuahuas just before my surgery.
 
@belweav Hope you are doing well today and you haven't experienced any of the awful weather that hit Arizona. We had some rain this morning --first in a long time.
My appetite is slowly coming back --after losing 5 lbs. Would be nice if I could keep that off --and lose more!
I nap every afternoon for a while --just go out like a light....
Blessings
Jen
 
@Chihuahuan if we had still been in Tucson, we would have but Yuma only got the humidity. Which is typical.
I'm starting to be able to sleep and take a small nap. Appetite is back so now it is monitoring my eating so that I don't over eat.
The anxiety has lessened but I still have moments.

I just wish I could get more walking in.
 
I am four weeks post op. And doing well.
The anxiety is minimal.
I am eating better just not a lot.
I am having some aches but ice and Tylenol takes the edge off.
 
@belweav Glad you are doing well and feeling better. My appetite has improved somewhat --nothing is too appealing yet. Are you able to walk much? Jen
 
I had my follow up appointment with my primary care doctor today. My happiest news was that I have lost 13 pounds from my surgery.
He was good about upping my antidepressant to help with the anxiety that I'm still having plus gave me something for more instant relief while the antidepressant starts working.
It's still too hot to do much walking unless we go to a store.
I only have aches in the thigh muscles.
 
@Wrknitout he has gotten better than when I first started seeing him. But he was concerned about any pain and that I much appreciated.

I drove for the first time since the surgery. Nice not to be tied to the house if I want to get out.

And my recovery is going well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom