THR Belweav's new hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the PT had me do the exercises yesterday. Last night I was miserable. Pain level shot up to a 4, my leg was aching. Over did to the max. Then of all things, the laxatives really started working. So after cleaning up, my thigh was hurting worse. So I had to listen to hubby about waking him up because he is here to help.
So hopefully this is a small set back.
And as much as I love my son and his family, it's a little stressful being in someone else's home.
 
Today was a walk outside and down the street a bit. Mostly with the walker but I used the cane for a bit.
I have started having some pain in the groin and upper thigh. Where for the most part I had pain at the side of the thigh.
Right now I'm icing and going to ask hubby for my pain meds.
 
@Chihuahuan that's what makes this forum great. I knew it was coming so wasn't surprised.

I'm also glad to know depression can be part of it because I have been living with anxiety for the past couple of days. I'm going to up my antidepressant briefly because falling in depression pit and trying to recover is not a place I want to be.:bored::praying:
 
I sure hope you are feeling better soon belweav. It sounds like you are taking a proactive approach and doing a great job managing your recovery.
 
Yesterday was a nice. We went to Sam's club, where I found the joys of the motorized carts to go round the store. Only was a little tired.

Then it was out to lunch at a Mongolian BBQ place. The food was delicious but I still don't have much of an appetite.
And finally it was a movie night so we went to pick up pizza and ice cream .
Drove through a wonderful monsoon storm. Still using the walker while we're out because I'm wobbly on the cane still.
This is our last week at my son's house and will head home Friday unless the OS says something different at my follow up appointment Thursday.
 
Sounds like a lovely day! We got that monsoon storm up here also. Finally! Hope we have more :)
Im glad you are doing better. Hopefully the OS gives you a good report and you can head home on Friday.
 
@belweav You are brave to go on excursion. I've got as far as taking my lovely purple walker to visit the veggie and flower beds in the garden early this morning. My appetite is not very good so I've no desire to eat out. Hubby is bringing home a Jimmy Johns sandwich to share after his gym session.
 
@Tweetybrd I am too, found out Yuma had a storm too and I want to be home but enjoy being with the grandkids.

@Chihuahuan I'm getting stir crazy. So trying to get out. And food just doesn't interest me yet. But I think it's from not being active.

I have a 3 and a half hour trip a head of me when we go home so I want to be ready for it.
 
You made it thru SAMs Club??? Oh my! I can only dream. I am perfectly content to be right where I am at this point but admire your attitude. Keep up yThe great work!
 
@Nana2-8 I was tired of laying down. But it was nice.
Saturday we went to JC Penny so my son and his wife could school shop. That was a challenge because I had to walk but that was good and successful. Today we went out to Lowe's for a hoe and then some yummy frosty frozen drinks.
And haven't had any pain meds since early this morning. Hope to be rid of those soon.
 
Today was the second to last day of PT here in Tucson. Should be heading home Friday.
I have been cutting back the pain meds and switching over to ibuprofen. And think I am having withdrawal symptoms from the oxycodone. I had been using the opioid pain meds since the first of May.
It's been rough but since I'm not having any real pain I think it's time to come off them. But feeling this way is not fun.

The nice thing is that I'm walking better with the cane, and doing a lot more for myself.
I can sit up without any swelling and am not taking naps a lot any more.
 
The side effects of coming off Oxy can be difficult! If you're continuing to feel bad, it would be better to wean yourself off of them. Not sure what dose you're taking, but I began by cutting one 10 mg pill in half and continued taking the other two doses. I did this for a few days & then I cut another one in half for a few days etc. I felt so yucky, both physically and mentally, when I tried stopping them all at once. Tapering off was so much easier! You are doing so great with your recovery! I'm so happy for you @belweav! :yay:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Cynthia777 that's what I have been doing. I just wasn't prepared for all of the feelings of anxiety and the sweating and generally feeling bad. So I guess I'm on course for coming clean from them.
My mother in law was extremely addicted to the opioids and I was worried about taking them.
Otherwise my recovery has been uneventful for which I'm grateful.
 
And thank God for my husband. He asked how was the anxiety and I said it was bad. So he says let's take a walk so we walk down the street and back with me using the cane for the first time.
I had tears in my eyes... I so need the encouragement.
 
@belweav
Bless your heart, look at you walking with a cane already! Be VERY careful that you aren't limping because your brain will memorize the limp and then it becomes more difficult to get rid of it. In the early days I would change between the walker and the cane. While using the cane I would need to concentrate on my stride, making sure I stood up tall and kept my posture correct. I'm glad you're doing so well! :friends:

Your withdrawal symptoms are EXACTLY what I experienced and yes, even while weaning off (but not as bad when I went cold turkey)! I was stunned to see how quickly the physical dependency happened. I didn't crave them intellectually and not to "feel good", but my body and emotions sure did. I found getting out and about was the best thing to get my mind off of the symptoms. Do you think you're weaning off of them too quickly? I know I had to go back up a dose a few times.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom