THR Belweav's new hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love reading about you feeling great


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone. It's been 6 weeks and everything has been going smoothly. Still walking with the cane. Still too hot to do anything outside and I go back to work in a couple of weeks.
 
Happy to hear that all is going smoothly. Maybe that hot weather has been a blessing in disguise.
 
Well I'm almost 9 weeks post op and just completed my first week back to work.

It was a good week but I am tired. My job requires me to walk a lot and climb I'm and out of trucks.

I'm still limping but I got by mostly without the cane.
And I have figured out why I limp as bad as I do and can correct it.
:roseshwr:
 
I have a funny story to tell;
Went shopping with my oldest son and his family. We went to Sears. I took my cane with me and was running around with my grandson. Then the family started looking at clothes. Somewhere along line I let go of that cane and forgot about it until I got to the car. Needless to say the cane is gone. Well it's amazing how far I've come.
 
Your story is a very common one. Most people leave their walking aide somewhere in their house though! Oh well, doesn't sound like you were exactly "attached" to that cane.
 
Hello all. It's been a while since I've been on. Work got crazy and it was all I could do to work and sleep. My hip has need good but I believe I have piriformis syndrome. Pain in the middle of the butt cheek and tingling and numbness down the back of the leg to the foot. Doctor said not to worry and he will see me in January. Just take anti-inflammatories so currently what I'm doing. But it's better than before the surgery.
 
@belweav I had severe piriformis post LTHR. I started doing very gentle hamstring stretches and they really helped. Start very slowly and gently from a sitting position. Hope this helps!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom