Jennszoo
post-grad
I can't wait til,I can get back in the pool!

Fortunately, I had not gone back to work yet. Lesson learned!
United States

Don't use the leg press. It can do harm to your implants.I really want to do machine exercises (leg press, leg curls, squats, etc.) again in the gym to continue to strengthen my legs but am concerned about how much I can do (or should do) with my knee implants.
Don't use the leg press. It can do harm to your implants.
Deep squats should be avoided too - they can lead to premature thinning of the plastic spacers.
Do you know of any reliable source of information about these exercises and TKR recipients?You don't have to do any exercises you don't want to - the choice is yours.I had to do leg presses during my PT

I'll ask @Josephine to address that with you.@Celle Where did you get the above information? That is what I am looking for. There is a lot of second hand information floating around but I can't find recommendations from an expert that specifically deal with machine leg exercises (or squats or deadlifts) for a TKR recipient.
Considering it's 7 months since your TKR, you can do pretty much anything you want to.I really want to do machine exercises (leg press, leg curls, squats, etc.) again in the gym to continue to strengthen my legs but am concerned about how much I can do (or should do) with my knee implants. I have researched online and there doesn't seem to be much information on it. My surgeon told me I could do whatever I wanted but to avoid jumping and running.
This was a direct quote from my 'expert' knowledge! I've known this for quite a while, from a variety of sources but it is a fact.Where did you get the above information?