TKR Becca's New Knee

Back to work, day two:

Excellent day! I wasn't sore from yesterday and I didn't have errands to run in the school. A nice, normal day. :yes!:

Now that I am home, I am realize I am exhausted. I am tired and my knee is tired. I will be glad when I build up my stamina again. :yawn:

Looking forward to day three!
 
Oh yes, you are still in that energy drain period. Get as much rest as you can. Your body is concentrating most all it's energy on healing your knee. That's why you quickly get so tired.
 
Becca, you've gone back to work only 7 weeks after your TKR. Your body is still recovering and much of your energy is still being directed towards healing your knee. The energy drain will be around for some time yet, so on work days try to do nothing else at all, except for work.
Come home, grab a quick snack and then spend the remainder of the day resting, icing and elevating your leg.

Your stamina will return, but I'm not sure you can build it up until your knee has healed enough.
 
I thought I could build my stamina :nah:it never worked. I felt the energy drain well into month 5-6, then when I began lap swimming at 8 months I could only do 3-4 laps at first and had to build up over a few weeks.
 
Back to work, day three

Great day! Thankfully, I was not exhausted after school! :egypdance: I slept much better last night and I think that figured in to me having such a great day! Dare I say, I even went to Costco on the way home and did our shopping.

Life is good!
 
I really began sleeping better after I went back to school. I think it was pure exhaustion. :dead:
 
@KarriB Yes, that had something to do with it. Also, one other thing I have neglected to mention that is interfering with my sleep just a little (sorry photo is so big!):
[Bonesmart.org] Becca's New Knee
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

This is day two of the second week of my return to work and all is well. I am finishing out the work days with energy to spare, and even feel like cooking dinner. No pain, no swelling, everything is great.

Hope all is well with everyone! :flwrysmile:
 
Amazing! You are doing so well and others can see it can be done!
 
Congrats on your success!
Sounds like you're doing wonderfully.
I went back to work at day 12 but only 3-4 hrs at a time and I have a desk job. Sometimes I'm pretty tired but going back felt great. I ice & elevate as much as possible.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Dragonfly7 Wow! You must be one tough cookie! Even icing and elevating, I couldn't imagine going back that soon. What part of Virginia are you in? Hubby and I drive through every year on our annual pilgrimage to Maine and Virginia is so beautiful!

I feel great also! I am not really tired after work like I was last week. I am glad I am doing well but just perplexed why I had such an easy time with this knee but hey, I sure am happy!

I have been going to the gym to get in my cardio on the treadmill and bicycle but have not returned to my water aerobics classes yet. I am scared I will overdo it and be so sore the next day that I can't walk. It is so easy to overdo it in the water.

If anyone else reading this has gone back to their water aerobics classes and has tips for me, please reply!

Here comes the weekend, everyone enjoy!
 
At was at least 4 months before I tried going back. Then, I just walked a little in the water and swam one lap. I was extremely sore the next day and then waited another month before going back again. It was much better then. My suggestion is to take it really, really slow. You might want to wait another month or so to be on the safe side.
 
@sistersinhim I think that is good advice and I am going to take it. It is so easy to overdo it in the water!
 
Yes, be careful in the water as it gives your knee a natural resistance which you may not feel the effects of until that night or next day. Start with just a few minutes, see how the knee does for a few days and if it's ok add 5 minutes. If you experince pain stop or cut back.
 
Back
Top Bottom