TKR Beachy in recovery<

Today at pt I got taped. It's in a Y shape starting above the ankle to back of knee. I can shower and it won't come off. Whether it helps remains to be seen. Can't hurt. My calf is feeling much better. I'm so out of shape! Gentle strengthening and stretching. Very gentle. No pumping iron. :yikes:
I really look forward to going to pt now.

So, who's going to the Bonesmart New Years Eve party?
 
My chiropractor in Ohio used that tape on my back to support my ribs. (It was bright pink!!)

I did try it on my knee, it helped a lot the first time, but not after. Of course I got a skin rash from the tape the second time I taped my knee, which had never happened all the other times I’ve used it. :doh:There is just no pleasing this knee.

I’ll pop into the party!:happydance:
 
Glad to hear you are doing better! Sounds like PT agrees with you. I may go back after the first of the year at least for measuring and evaluation. I have not been doing my exercises at home regularly.
 
@Jockette
Definitely no pleasing your knee! And you even have her pretty pink tape. She needs to be taught a lesson.
Are you having a glorious, sunny 60° day? We are and so is OC as my friends have called to say they're at the indoor pool grrrrr. Just rub it in.

@sistersinhim .
I'm wearing a (virtual) cocktail dress and heels. :rotfl:
Warm fleece pj's in reality.

@MissViv18 .
PT did not agree with me at the first place I went to. But, I love the second place I found. I didn't do much pt in recovery. It hurt. But, they worked with me. I think I went 5 times total. My rom was ok and doc said I didn't need it. Going back for the calf issue is easier because I'm a bit stronger now and the knee is not as painful. It still aches some, but ice and Tylenol help. And not going to the ODIC :loll:.
I'm sorry you're having a rough time. You are a bilateral warrior. I can't imagine that. I also don't want to go back for right knee, but it's inevitable.
 
It is sunny here, but other than a quick run to the optical place at the crack of dawn this morning with my husband in case he couldn’t drive home, I’ve not been interested in going outside. I’m having quite the pity party today.

I am also reading a book called “Undoctored” and getting quite an education, and it actually has lightened my mood this afternoon. It doesn’t discuss knee replacement specifically but is giving me confidence to tell my next surgeon and PT (that will show up at my bedside in the hospital) how things are going to go. :yes!:
 
@Jockette
Undoctored. Sounds interesting.
I can show up at your bedside and tell them if you don't :rotfl:.
Sorry about the pity party. It happens, right?
Tomorrow is suppose to be beautiful again. GO OUTSIDE lol.
 
I can show up at your bedside and tell them if you don't :rotfl:.
I like that idea, I might need back up if the medication doesn’t let me think straight!

Going outside means I have to put pants on. :bolt:
 
@Jockette
Make sure it's you big girl pants :heehee:
I LOL'd when I read your post. Hubs asked me what I was laughing at. I told him "putting on pants". He said "oh, ok".
 
@Jockette
Make sure it's you big girl pants :heehee:
I LOL'd when I read your post. Hubs asked me what I was laughing at. I told him "putting on pants". He said "oh, ok".
Yes, I’m reading that differently, now that you mention it!:heehee: But hopefully anyone who knows my situation knows what I meant! :rotfl:
 
@Jockette
Ha! I knew what you meant, but you're right......if anyone read that and wasn't familiar with your issue, well, hahahaha!
I'm going to look for Undoctored today. So easy with kindle.
 
Ha! @beachy wondered what pic you were talking about, that was taken 2 years back on a great gatsby night , gecko will return tomorrow
 
@gecko !
I was confused now that you've changed back to the gecko! I guess it is tomorrow for you. Happy 2019!
 
Wishing everyone a happy, healthy 2019!
Before I fall asleep :rotfl:

Here's our NYE:
Leftovers and sandwiches for dinner. It was actually very tasty!

I had PT earlier today. It was actually very helpful!

Now we're watching Kung Fu reruns on Prime and reminiscing about how many blessings we've had in 46 years.

Hubs is feeling stronger everyday. The move to the beach will happen. We've just had a wee detour. My knee is coming along nicely.

The 7lb furball is snuggled next to us. She's happy and warm and hit the forever home jackpot. I'd rescue more pups, but I'm too tired.

And we're really happy we celebrated big time NYE in our younger days. All in all its been a really nice relaxing day with very little pain. It's the little things in life.
2019 here I come!
 
This sounds like a very good New Year's Eve day and night. My celebrating days are long over with. I have the fun memories, and that's all I need now.

It's so nice that you have a good PT! That's truly a blessing!
 
Happy New Year and Best Wishes!
:dancing:
 
Happy New Year Beachy. Hope that your blessings are many and your dreams come true in 2019
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom