Guest viewing is limited

TKR BCS Anna's Recovery

@BCSAnna, I’m so jealous you named your new knee. I name everything and I never thought to do it for my knee. I do have a name for myself,DAN. Everything that goes wrong is DAN’s fault. (Drug Addled Nancy) I’m gonna have to give it up since I’m pretty much weaned off.

Glad to hear you’re doing so well! Here’s to pain free days!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: RAD
@lopat

Please, don't be jealous, just go back and have a belated knee naming. I am pretty sure your knee won't mind.:heehee:

Annie:flwrysmile:
 
Well, I had another goodnight with Penenope. We took our various meds at 10 pm and went to bed elevated and icing. Woke up at 3:55am because I needed to go potty. It was five minutes before my next pill. I love this baby knee. It was like she knew that mommy hated getting awoken by any alarm. And so, I got up on my own to go potty and was just in time for my pill without any alarm sounding.
 
What a good new-baby knee you have there! I named my The Brat cause every time I did something she didn't like she threw a temper tantrum! I very quickly learned to obey her or suffer the consequences. It sounds like you are off to a really good start!
 
No idea why but I think of my knee as a 'he', he's nameless but I'm fond of him and consider him a staunch friend who only wants the best for me.
 
@sistersinhim and @Benay

It is really interesting how each of us names our new baby knees. The story of Penelope's name began back in 2015. At that time, due to breast cancer, I had a bilateral mastectomy followed by immediate breast reconstruction using a TRAM free flap. At that time, I felt like I had lost so much of what I was and who I was that I decided to name my newly rconstructed parts in hopes that I would learned to accept me.

Since I had that surgery at Penn Medicine also, I needed "my girls"to have Penn in their names. And so, Pennie Ann and Pennie Bee were named. Now they are like my naturally "girls" to me.:curtsey:

Fast forward to 2019, I just knew that my new baby knee had to carry on the Penn tradition. And so, Penelope was delivered and named. And next Spring, her sister (LTKR) "Penna" will be joining the family.:yes:

Anna:flwrysmile:
 
:catdance::chuckmarch:Yay for that wonderful poop fairy!
 
@winemama

Now that is funny calling your knee horrible names; I am sure they deserved it at the time.:snork:

Anna:flwrysmile:
They did. Tiff had quite a following on Facebook, there were days she was ticked that she was not put into a famous knee, instead a grandma living in Cleveland
 
@TimeBuster

Oh, with my kind of luck, I would never chance it naming my knee after Murphy and his law...my luck usually isn't so good.:hissy:

@winemama

Yes, from what I understand, these new baby knees can be quite temperamental. I suppose Tiff just felt that she had real star status.

Anna:flwrysmile:
 
Well today was another good day for Penelope. I am able to get out of bed easily now by myself and get back in easily without any assistance. I am also walking around the house a bit more. I have been up and across the hall to our powder room several times today. And then walked all the way down a long hallway to our kitchen. I did that twice today to get my cereal and juice for breakfast. And then in the afternoon I really wanted some fresh fruit. And so I went back down the hall to the kitchen to get a bowl of fresh sliced watermelon and cantaloupe. Need that vitamin C for healing!:ok: After those daily walks, Penelope got wrapped in her icing wrap, elevated, then we both had a long five hour nap.:ice:

Annie:flwrysmile:
 
@TimeBuster Can I steal the name Murphy?????:heehee:

After 8 surgeries on this right knee, with TKR being #8 over 20 yrs, I'm afraid to think the TKR could ACTUALLY be the final procedure. She's been "Murphy" for a longggggg time. :loll:
 
Hello All:) :-) (:

@sistersinhim

Not to worry, I read and reread the recovery guidelines and did a lot of yellow highlighting before I even left home for the hospital. The PT at the hospital was very gentle and offered a wheel chair ride to the hospital gym today because she didn't want me walking that far. When I saw the distance, I was very grateful for the wheelchair assistanc9e.:praying:

@Benay and @RAD

With a three hour drive home from Penn Medicine in Philadelphia to coastal Delaware, Penelope started to get a little cranky about 45 minutes from home. However, once at home, we quickly got her set up on the cold therapy machine and elevated her on the Lounge Doctor and she is once again the new happy baby knee.:curtsey:

And, boy is it good to be back home in my own bed. And not to have a parade of medical people coming in and out of my room all day long!:) :-) (:

Anna:flwrysmile:

I had mine done at Penn Medicine in Princeton NJ. It's good you thought enough about them to go 3 hours to have yours.

How is the lounge doctor? That's one I didn't go for. Instead, I made a homegrown pillow stack, which is ok. That and the ice machine are a great combo, eh?
 
@Woodpusher

Well you know what Penn Medicine always asks, "Isn't your life worth Penn Medicine." My life certainly is! I go to Penn for any specialist care and always for any and all surgeries!:tada: We are so dedicated to Penn that even our two Siamese cats have a Penn educated veterinarian.:meow::meow:What is good for mom and dad is also good for the kids.:heehee:

I really like my Lounge Doctor a lot. Even though I am short ( or my preferred "fun size") I can still get a comfortable fit while elevating. I sleep through the night with my legs elevated on my Lounge Doctor and with my cold therapy machine running with no problems.

Best wishes on your recovery as we both travel this long journey.

Anna:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom