THR AussieMike returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Poppet,

How are you? I am fine. The fall didn't leave any bruising and hence no need for ice. Looking forward to the start of the T20 Big Bash cricket competition on Saturday night and hitting a few more golf balls at the driving range. What are you up to?

Mike
 
Very pleased to hear that Mike..

Well it is my Friday off and I have just had a little nap! Still suffering from the event 10 days ago at work when I flared everything up.. So just time and patience and being careful and trying not to get too frustrated! My other hip is certainly letting me know that it too needs attention.

Oh well, such is life, one step forward, two steps back some days.. I am a very patient woman!
 
Hi Mike, I had a similar fall post-op. I was a bit sore for a day or two but no damage. It would take alot to do much to that shiny new hip. Have a great day!
 
My life continues to roll into an new week. Met up with consultants this morning who have not seen me since before my THR and they can't believe the difference. Its always nice to get that positive encouragement.

I have to say as I read all the challenges that people talk about on this forum that I feel so incredibly lucky to have returned to full health so easily. To all of you who are struggling and who are feeling down, I feel for you. I hope that your return to health is very soon.
 
Thanks Mike for coming over to my site. Thank you for subjection. I will try it this year. I'm so glad you are doing so well and do take care of that hip. take care. Tashia
 
Your positive attitude has been an inspiration to many here Mike. Keep up the good work!
 
Mike, so sorry about your fall!!! It was going to happen sometime and now you have that out of the way. No more, though.....okay? We don't want to have to get out the bubble wrap suit for you.


[Bonesmart.org] AussieMike returns
 
HI AussieMike!!, i cannaot for the life of me find where your last post to me was and i have looked under my thread 'petrified of opand life afterwards, january jackpots etc..?? Never mind form memory i will respond :) I just wanted to say a massive thankyou to your kind words of support and offer to help myslef and my husband find accomodation in sydney.
The hospital has provided a list but i am not overly excited about any of them, perhaps it is all just too much to comprehend before christmas etc..?, i think i might try and find a serviced apartment type hotel nearby to accomodate us as i dont really want to stay in a respite centre in case it gets me further down..
Hopefully you feel no pain after your fall and are still doing remarkably well. I love having members such as yourself to aspire to, thankyou Mike :thankyou:
 
No problem Stargirl. So a serviced apartment would be ideal for you. Can you give me dates? I have some contacts in the local rental market who might be able to assist with a property.

Thanks for your kind words regarding my fall. Its all behind me now. I turn the light on when I walk down the stairs in the middle of the night these days....

Take care

Mike
 
Those Bonesmart Angels and fellow hippies who have followed my rehab journey might remember a little while ago I decided to reward myself for doing the hard work and achieving my goals since my THR.

Well I picked up my reward this afternoon. I am so lucky...

[Bonesmart.org] AussieMike returns
 
WOW What a nice reward. And I got me a sewing machine. :rotfl: Well I am happy with my sewing machine as you are with your new car. :merrychr: Thank you for sharing. It will give you many happy hours of driving. Do take care driving thru. Do have fun with it. :giftsa: Tashia :goodpost:
 
:yay: It's beautiful aussiemike!!!! congratulations!!!! You deserve it may you have many many wonderful hours if driving in your beautiful city
 
Hey there Hippies,

Achieved another milestone today. I was able to mow the lawn, trim the edges and generally clean up the garden for my lady. Its nice to do the normal things again.

Cheers

Mike
 
That is so great. Isn't it the little things in life become so great when you can do it again. Take care and have so much fun with your new car. Tashia
 
Hi Mike,

still researching the accomodation thing in sydney, i have an aunty in chatswood who has offered me to stay there o i may take her up on it?. Hope you are enjoying that delightful car of yours, it is super cool!!!, like something out of a music clip!.
 
Hi Mike,

still researching the accomodation thing in sydney, i have an aunty in chatswood who has offered me to stay there o i may take her up on it?. Hope you are enjoying that delightful car of yours, it is super cool!!!, like something out of a music clip!.

Hi Stargirl,

Accommodation at Chatswood would be great if that is achievable. Travel time to the hospital is only 10 - 12 mins by car from there. Sounds ideal to me.

Cheers

Mike
 
AussieMike

Hi there, pardon my ignorance, but what make, model is your new car Mike?

So pleased you are turning the lights on at night :)

Well done, with the gardening. Life is well and truly returning to normal for you :)
 
Hey Poppet,

The car is an Audi TT - a totally impractical 2 + 2 coupe.

Yep life is certainly looking very normal now.

Wanna buy a 2nd hand sock aid?

Cheers

Mike
 
Thanks buddy, but I have a butler, who irons my clothes, lays them out each morning... and... Puts on my socks and boots..

He also is my driver, I just tell him my destination and ETA... Hehe!

p.s.we won't show the photo of your new sports car to my driver... Might give him ideas!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom