THR AussieMike returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the dark afternoons in winter.. But I still preferred those long summer evenings, still light at 10 pm Jaycey
 
Na - it's not natural to live life in the dark! Going to work and coming home in the dark just doesn't seem right!
 
I think you need a Swedish hideaway to escape to 18 hours of daylight each day...
 
Many people believe that everything happens for a reason. I have always thought that such thinking is a bit questionable. But something happened to me today which makes me reconsider.

If you have followed my journey you will know that I am looking forward to getting back to the golf course. Well this morning I got a call from the Dept of Tourism to tell me that I have won a contest related to the 2012 Tourism Awards. (I voted for the best exhibition in Sydney on a local website.) The prize is a short break holiday for two at the championship golf course called Riverside Oaks Resort. The prize includes accommodation in a deluxe villa, dinner and breakfast, three rounds of golf and electric golf carts.

Now that is what I call rehab...
 
[Bonesmart.org] AussieMike returns Mike....

What a fantastic honor and great price to boot.. I want to swap life with you... Still slogging ok here..

How are you feeling?
 
[Bonesmart.org] AussieMike returns Mike....

What a fantastic honor and great price to boot.. I want to swap life with you... Still slogging ok here..

How are you feeling?

Hi Poppet

I am doing well with no pain medication for about a week now. My endurance is returning. I can stand and sit for longer periods and get through each day with ease. In return for this I do ensure I get at least 8 hours bedrest/sleep each night. The pressure is on at work to meet some targets by December 21 and things are shaping up well now.

As for swapping with me, I can't blame you. I am slightly embarrassed to receive the golf prize but very grateful for the opportunity to share it with my elder son who lives down Wollongong way these days and we don't see each other enough.

How is you back holding up? Has there been any improvement there?

Take care

Mike
 
Tomorrow will mark 10 weeks since my THR operation. It is becoming a memory now. Less and less does it intrude on the things I plan to do. Because the internal healing process continues on, it does make its own demands on my energy reserves. So when I have a long or busy day, it does demand more rest and recovery time than I used to need. But that is okay, its a small price to pay.

Next weekend I will catch up with my hospital roommate David who I have invited to the cricket with his lady Cindy. We have not seen each other since three days after surgery and it will be good to catch up and compare our journeys. David had total knee replacement surgery after 22 earlier operations, so our experiences will be quite different.
 
Great to hear that the healing is proceeding well for you, Mike. Keep us posted.
 
Mike, I am so glad you are doing so well. No dought your postive outlook on life helped so much. Keep it up. good to hear you are so good with golfing. Have fun that is what life is all about. Tashia
 
Hey Mike,

Nice to know that you are recovering well, my fellow Aussie. Im having my LTHR next week Tuesday. Its so inspiring to be here:).

Cheers buddy,
Wapse
 
Hey Wapse,

Welcome to Bonesmart! I hope your LTHR goes well for you next week. I can certainly assure you that the angels on this forum will be able to provide you with the knowledge and emotional support to get you through your recovery. I look forward to reading of your progress.

Good luck mate,

Mike
 
Hey there, Mike! Glad to hear you are fast on its way to having a "forgotten hip" so beloved of all good hip surgeons! :thumb:
 
Thanks Josephine! Yep I am now where I hope everyone gets to with their forgotten hip. I can't thank you and your team of angels enough. You made all the difference for me.

Mike
 
Hi Sandy

I wondered where you had been hiding. I have been on here a few times this week. How are you doing? Hope that back of yours is manageable. I'm fine, getting stronger and able to do more and more as the energy drain fades away. I can think back to four and five weeks post op when I thought that I was fine and now realise how far from recovered I was then.

Hindsight is such an expensive commodity isn't it.

Take care

Mike
 
Absolutely Mike...

I went off line for a couple of reasons over the weekend.. to write a couple of articles for the library and also to get over a little incident I had at work last week.. pushed my own boundary too far and payed for it.. one step forward, two back..

So pleased that you are doing so well.. :)
 
Hi Mike - pleased you are well on the mend but greeeeen with envy at your prize. It is cold, wet and muddy in the UK right now and a long time until Spring.

I now play 13 holes each week - just sit out the really steep parts of the course and wait for my mates to catch up with me. I get a bit of lower back pain but that's nothing new and it gets easier every time.

I am even back to hitting the driver again - had to really as I got a new one for my birthday! (and it has added 10+ yards)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom