THR AussieMike returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
AussieMike, I have not used the gym for at least 10 years, but plan to start when my recovery reaches 6 weeks or so. I think core strengthening and upper-body strengthening will help my overall recovery. But I plan to take it easy.

It's encouraging and inspiring to read of your recovery. Please continue to keep us updated.

Hi MaxBuck,

Even though its been 10 years, your body never forgets and you will find it easier than a person who is using a gym for the first time. But even first timers will gain heaps from this decision. Good luck with your recovery.

Cheers

Mike
 
Can one of our medically qualified angels answer this question for me. As you may know the only pain medication I am using now is Voltarin (NSAID). I am only using 1-3 tablets in a 24 hour period. If I take one during the night, I wake with perspiration around my neck. Can you explain why this might be so? Josephine
 
Jo would need to answer this one Mike. I know I did suffer from sweating at night when I was on it but I am not sure if that is a know side effect. I will tag her in your post.
 
Hi Mike, one of the side effects of Voltarin (according my extensive research regards NSAIDs) can be - 'skin rash or blisters with fever and increased sweating'

I am not a personal fan of NSAIDs, but that is due to my personal experience, which in my case has been serious..

However, if taken on the lowest effective dose for the shortest period possible they maybe ok..

I have researched NSAIDs very thoroughly so consider myself well informed.. but we all react differently to all sorts of meds.. even Aspirin is considered to be an NSAID :)

Hugs
 
Thanks for your thoughts Poppet. Interesting to know that Aspirin is a NSAID as I take this routinely as a blood thinner. So taking Voltarin as well may be an unwise course. Not feeling flash with kidney pain and stomach bloating this morning. Could you do the Christmas function tonight for me?
 
Thanks for your thoughts Poppet. Interesting to know that Aspirin is a NSAID as I take this routinely as a blood thinner. So taking Voltarin as well may be an unwise course. Not feeling flash with kidney pain and stomach bloating this morning. Could you do the Christmas function tonight for me?

Hi Mike

Do you have a temp?

You mention kidney pain and tummy bloating... as it is Friday, my thought would be to give your GP a call, just to be sure, to be sure :)

Sorry, I am avoiding all the Christmas lunches, drinks, dinners... I am on a diet! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] AussieMike returns Mike.. Just wondering how you are today?

Hugs
 
Hey Poppet

Bit of a tough day today. Sore from the Christmas party - too much standing not enough sitting. Then to add to that I strained my back and neck carrying a gas bottle for a BBQ tonight. You forget how much core strength you lose with this operation.

How are you doing? How is your back.

Hugs

Mike
 
That's no good Mike, rest day tomorrow?

Yes, when I stop and think about it recovery from a THR takes a long time. Even at 12 months post I suffer the energy drain quite frequently during a busy period.

I didn't start with much core strength, so any improvement is big. I am back Nordic walking.. I posted on my thread, so won't repeat myself.

How is the kidney pain and the bloating? Has that resolved?

Hugs
 
Hi, Mike....I agree with Sandy that you probably should have a chat with your doctor about taking two NSAIDs together. It is something to watch.
 
Hi Jamie

I agree that two NSAID is not ideal. In fact my cardiologist would not agree with this combination. I have not taken any further Voltarin since Friday and whilst the energy drain is very much there, that is the only real consequence.

thanks

Mike
 
Hi Mike,

Wise decision regarding the NSAIDs my friend!

Hey, we have another Aussie from WA - wapse I am very excited to see more and more Aussies finding and joining the forum... that is my mission, lol !

How is your back?

Did you have a nice BBQ last night?

I did a similar thing this morning, twisted when sweeping, so on the bed, elevating with an ice pack.. see even at 12 months we still can get these reactions :)

Hugs.
 
Hey Poppet,

Yeah I don't want any more of these drugs unless I absolutely have to use them. It might me things go a little slower but I will feel so much better for it.

Good to hear about the Aussie invasion. I hope you don't resort to taking a baseball bat to young Aussie hips just to get our numbers up!! I will check him out...

First BBQ of the summer was very pleasant but gee hasn't the price of a 9kg bottle of LPG gone up since last year!!

My back is fine again. How is yours behaving?

This operation does make one somewhat delicate which totally goes against my nature.

Planning for a busy week at work. Hope your have a lovely Sunday.

Cheers

Mike
 
Haha... How did you guess my secret re more Aussies!

We haven't filled our gas bottle for years, we have a gas connection behind the BBQ.

Delicate... Absolutely... Vulnerable... Absolutely... Tired, no energy.... Absolutely... I don't like being this way either...

My poor SO is reading through job applications and rating... He has been at it for hours.. Me well I have watched a movie, done washing, posted on BS.. Too hot to go outside 32.6 currently... Should have had a nap, but couldn't turn my mind off... But it has been a relaxing day.

Oh well, like you, a busy, busy week ahead, but not long now until Christmas break :)

p.s. just checked outside temp gauge 39C
 
Hey - can you guys send us some of that warm weather please? We have cold northern winds and rain :sad:.

Be careful with lifting any weight Mike. You are right, you lost that core stability pre-op. Take it from one who know well - back issues are no fun!
 
You and me also Jaycey no fun!

It is 8:22 pm and still just over 30 C.. Wish I could send you some warmth Jaycey.
 
I was lucky Jaycey. Strained my neck slightly but its fine now. We can't send you the weather but you know you are always welcome to come down under - don't know how you guys survive up there...
 
Thanks Mike - I can put up with the cold. But I must say I have never been able to adjust to the long, dark days of winter here. Yesterday at 3:30PM it was dark!

Glad that back is behaving!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom