Hip Hip Hooray!
post-grad
- Joined
- Aug 25, 2015
- Messages
- 1,654
- Age
- 61
- Location
- Santa Clarita, CA
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Just wanted to post an update. I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. I've had my hips for five years now. They still feel amazing. As Dr. Matta told me, I don't even know they are there. It's incredible.
I have been able to travel the past couple years, which I could never have done before the surgery. I took an amazing cruise to Greece, Monte Carlo, Italy, and Mallorca. I was able to do a bicycle tour that was fabulous. I am so excited to finally be able to travel again.
I bought a cabin up in the mountains of Wrightwood, CA. My surgeon moved to CO, and that made me realize that I had always dreamed of a place in the mountains. I even shoveled snow for seven hours up to my driveway. I broke it up over a few days.
The hiking is amazing. I am careful on the ice, and still spend a lot of time at the cottage. Life is incredible, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome of my bilateral surgery. It completely changed my views on medicine.
I hope you are all happy and healthy and enjoying your hips. xo
I have been able to travel the past couple years, which I could never have done before the surgery. I took an amazing cruise to Greece, Monte Carlo, Italy, and Mallorca. I was able to do a bicycle tour that was fabulous. I am so excited to finally be able to travel again.
I bought a cabin up in the mountains of Wrightwood, CA. My surgeon moved to CO, and that made me realize that I had always dreamed of a place in the mountains. I even shoveled snow for seven hours up to my driveway. I broke it up over a few days.
The hiking is amazing. I am careful on the ice, and still spend a lot of time at the cottage. Life is incredible, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome of my bilateral surgery. It completely changed my views on medicine.
I hope you are all happy and healthy and enjoying your hips. xo






