Anxiety-disordered person awaiting TLKR July 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lorl It is amazing, isn't it? I have quite a few Facebook friends from Oz, including Sydney. We all belong to the same church. A few of them have visited here, and I have met them in real life. I so much appreciate your prayers, and I will be praying for you.
 
@sibbi1123 I just noticed that you had both knees done at the same time. That is just mind boggling to me! My OS wanted me to do that, as it is what he recommends to all his patients under 70. That sent me into a tizzy until he realized that I had a DVT and pulmonary embolisms a few years ago, and then he said I was prohibited from having both done at the same time. Phew! Except that I still have that pesky second knee to think (worry) about.
 
@Snook A fellow sufferer! I think there are a lot of us, all over the place. Do you have any idea when your surgery will be?
 
@Daystar you should keep up with your meds so you can be better rested physical and mentally for your surgery. Stress is not good for you!
Thank you for asking, and yes I am doing better! I took my last prednisone today, and have about 4 more days of antibiotics. All I have left is a little of that 'cotton' in the ear feeling but it is much better.
Hubby had an amazing break through today. The stiff tight band feeling just disappeared. There one moment gone the next. Now all he has is just a little 'adhesion' feeling under the top of the scar that goes away after he bends his knee a few times. He is so thrilled! So am I!
I hope your recovery is as good as his is.
 
Today's accomplishments. 1. Did the over-the-phone interview with the intake nurse. She has arranged for me to have a meeting with the anesthesiologist Thursday morning. He also has a pain-management clinic with another anesthesiologist, so I will be talking with him about pain management as well as anesthesia. 2. Went to the dentist for a check-up. 3. Went to the Medically Adapted Gym (MAG) to exercise. Borrowed a walker. 4. Got three pairs of very loose sweatpants at the Salvation Army. I'll probably hack them off at the knees. 5. Had session with therapist (See above.) 6. Bought little bottles of water to freeze for my Cryo Cuff. Also bought plastic cups to freeze water in to see if that is better. All of that is in the freezer now along with three quart-size Ziploc bags with alcohol and water in them. I plan to put them on the back of my knee. The medium size knee cuff that came with my Cryo Cuff isn't big enough to cover the sides of my knee even in its unswollen state now. I measured carefully, but apparently I really need a large one. Kind of worried about this!

7, I think. Bought a bunch of stuff. Much of which I probably won't need, but you never know. :heehee:
 
But you never quite know what you'll need. Like the Boy Scouts say. "Be prepared!" Love ' n prayers from down under.
 
@tiredwife I am thrilled about that band feeling being gone, too!! I seem to keep reading about that, and it's one more thing to worry about, so it's great to know it can just suddenly go away. I am happy for your hubby! :wowspring:
 
And a final thought can you ever be over prepared. I think not. I find it is sometimes the last minute things that occur to you that end up being the most helpful, probably a little nudge from above.
 
@Daystar Thank you! You need to see what you could be like in just a few months. It is amazing! Most of his improvements have been these odd ta da moments. Ta Da I can lift my leg all the sudden! Ta Da wow I'm walking down stairs normally! Now Ta Da stiff tightness is gone!
 
@tiredwife Thanks for asking! Hard, hard morning even with a little bit of Klonopin. I felt better after seeing my therapist. She advised me to try and keep the blood levels of Klonopin steady, so I took another 1/4 mg eight hours after the first 1/4, and that helped. I want to take as little of it as possible, but on the other hand I'd just as soon not go down the tubes again! I understand that you are feeling better physically? I hope so.
That makes sense--keep things on an even keel rather than ups and downs.
 
:flwrysmile:Hi Daystar, a bright sunshiny morning here in Sydney. Just checking in to say HI! I am praying right now that today - or whatever time it is on yr zone- you might see evidence of the love and special provision of God in some incident, act of kindness from friend or stranger, some " coincidence" that comes your way. Love and prayers Lorl. :loveshwr:
 
Is there anything more precious than the fellowship of prayer?
:console2:
How blessed are we, joy abounding and full of glory!
Seeing the grandchildren today, we have been away for a few weeks on a cruise so I am rediscovering them. They change so quickly one is 2 years and the other 6 months.
Love and prayers " from tomorrow"
 
Hi Daystar - check on line or with a medical supply store - you should be able to buy just the cuff. I would even try the manufacturers website. You are preparing very well. You will be very happy not to worry about many things and can just concentrate on recovery. Take care.
 
@Jozilla Unfortunately, a new cuff alone costs more than the whole system I bought used on eBay. I'm watching to see if a large cuff that was taken off will be re-listed. I just asked the lister if they are going to re-list it. Maybe that will work out. Otherwise I'll make due with slushy ice packs I'm making. The Cryo cuff has elastic that should hold quart-size slushies in various places around the knee. :ice:
 
The evening report. Saw OS in the morning. Will be having a spinal and maybe nerve blocks to eliminate pain forever. Or maybe that wasn't exactly what he said. He said he will get my knee to 0 degrees and after that it is up to me and my PT to keep it that way. Mentioned muscle memory and such as things to be overcome. I checked to make sure he doesn't allow sexting or such things by his anesthesiologist. He thought I was crazy since he hadn't heard that story in the news a few weeks ago. After I explained it to him, he laughed and said he likes to keep things boring for the anesthesiologist. I agree, but not to the point of zoning out, or other things. :shocked:

I'm supposed to have a PT coming to the house every day for two weeks! Yowzers, not sure I like that. For one thing, the expense, and for the other what if the person is not on board with rest, ice, elevate, and gentle movements only? Darn, something else to worry about! Is there never an end? Well, I already know the answer to that one
 
I'm supposed to have a PT coming to the house every day for two weeks! Yowzers, not sure I like that
I am not sure that I am liking that either---a little overkill there. Two times a week works quite well---and gives you a chance to keep the new knee or knees happy and lets them rest.
 
Oh, yeah, and I asked the OS if I could get another cortisone shot in my non-surgical knee. The main problem I have with that one is extreme stiffness so that sometimes I can hardly bend it while walking. He thought that was a great idea! So I got one. My husband asked why the guy hadn't thought of it himself. Said maybe his Harvard education hadn't benefited him as much as one would expect. :heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom