Guest viewing is limited

THR Anniec19's New Hip Story

Oohh, you are sleeping and healing, you sound so much better. Aren't you so glad you went forward with the surgery? You are now working into your second week of recovery. How about that?
So happy to read that you are doing so much better.
 
So I didnt sleep so well last night but finally fell asleep around 7am and slept til 11. I am trying to stop the Oramorph and cut down on the Zomorph so that may be why. I did wake up feeling refreshed though so must've been a good sleep. I've managed to be able to turn onto non operated side for a short while but my muscles complained so will hang fire on that again for a few days.
My son and 2 grandsons came this morning which was lovely. I had a shower n hairwash so feel even better. My eldest son is coming later for curry so I have gone back to bed for a rest.
I'm managing on one crutch around the house and it's so less tiring than with a walker or 2 crutches and makes me feel more "normal"
All in all a good day up to now and it's still only 3pm :yay:
 
Hello @Anniec19
You sound so much better than a few days ago. I'm happy for you!
I hope you have a lovely Sunday and a nice week to come. Things are finally looking up! :yes!:
 
@Anniec19 - I'm really sorry, but I've had to delete the article you mentioned, because we only allow articles that come from an accredited medical source (not a newspaper).

However, I found the article interesting and I have asked more experienced staff if we can source some medical information about the technique. If we can. we'll let you know and then everyone will be able to read it.

Thank you for raising this interesting subject.
 
Aw no problem I didn't realise x sorry
 
Thank you for taking it so well.
[Bonesmart.org] Anniec19's New Hip Story
 
How's this for a quick response, @Anniec19 ?

Pumpkln, one of our Moderators, has found some articles about surgeons doing the "bikini" approach. It seems to be a variation on an Anterior THR.
melbournehipsurgeon.com.au
Bikini Hip Replacement | Mr Ilan Freedman, Hip Surgeon
"Bikini Hip Replacement is a variation on the anterior approach for hip replacement where the incision is hidden in the groin crease."
melbournehipsurgeon.com.au

Pubmed article
Modified minimally invasive direct anterior approach through a bikini incision for total hip arthroplasty: technique and results in young female pa... - PubMed - NCBI

Skin crease 'bikini' incision for the direct anterior approach in total hip arthroplasty: a two- to four-year comparative study in 964 patients. - PubMed - NCBI
On the right side of the this page there are links to other articles about this approach.
 
Aw brilliant thank you. I was wondering about the difference between anterior n posterior as the former does seem more popular and with less restrictions
 
:yes!:
I was also so sleep deprived prior to my hip replacements that good restorative sleep was Number One on my todo list.
It took much longer before I got 8 hours straight, so yes...I'm jealous.:heehee:

Hope today is a good day @Anniec19
 
Hi @Anniec19
I hope you're having a good day so far. I just noticed you were asking for a video that wasn't an animated version of a THR. This link is from the BoneSmart Library with a video on the anterior approach.
Get the popcorn ready and roll it...

Hope you have a nice week!
 
:dubious: yep!
I saw an animated version after mine also...
don't want to see the real one :thud:
 
It was amazing. Not happened since tho but averaging about 4/5 hours so am happy with that. Mind you I've just watched an operation video that @Mojo333 posted for me so dont think I'll be falling asleep soon lol xx
 
:heehee: poor Annie.

But blame that on Layla, not me!:angel:
Very well worth the effort to rid of ourselves of chronic pain and get our lives back, however.
:happyfeet:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom