THR Anniec19's New Hip Story

Hi guys x am feeling so much better today x done plenty of walking on crutches had a shower n put proper clothes on x they've tweaked my meds after some fuss but seems to be settling now x my sister and brother in law came to see me from London which was lovely and really cheered me up. I'm exhausted now tho so waiting on some morphine and will try and get some sleep. Might go home tomorrow but will see how I feel.
Ann xxx
 
Oh!awesome Im glad you are doing well. You are recuperating pretty quickly. Im still with a walker and its been almost 3 weeks of my operation on Nov5. Well, keep on doing a little walking not too much, keep ice constantly. Becareful not to overdue it. Much Love, Gretelin x3
 
I agree with @brookeo... it will get better... as you said, the pain is already much better.
Do not worry, they'll find a right cocktail that works for you.
and again, take it easy... listen to your body... this is not a race of any kind...
the slower - the better
cheers! :)
 
Last edited:
Wonderful news about pain control. You sound so much better. Have a peaceful night and I hope you get to go home soon.
 
Safe journey home! You will be exhausted. Please don't be tempted to start doing things around the house. Your priority now is rest, ice, elevation, meds and repeat.
 
:unsure:I felt the same way when they "ejected" me.
It's going to be so nice for you to be home on a sleepy Sunday :yes:
You are going to find it is way easier to get comfortable and getting out of that clinical environment is great for the psyche.
 
Stupid question but.....How do I elevate if my knee has to be below my hip xx
 
Oh boy, the humiliation and lack of control are so tough to deal with, on top of the pain. I too lost control of my system - bowel - very embarrassing and a lot for my hubby to clean up. You are not alone, these things happen to the body. It is scary, but it is temporary. Hang in there, try to breathe. Watching your breath is helpful through this ugly part. With Love...
 
Hello @Anniec19
Yay for home! I hope you're resting comfortably by now.
Dorothy was right "there is no place like home". It's so nice to get away from all of the interruptions the surgery site brings.
Sweet dreams tonight! :yawn: :sleep:

@Chrismcd
What a hubby you have! I can say with confidence my husband would most likely run to the phone and call one of those Cleanup and Restoration services if I had an accident like that :sos:
Thankfully all of this is only temporary. I hope you have a nice week!
 
I read a comment you made on another thread about how distressing this first week has been for you, for a host of reasons. I jumped over to your thread to comment:) First of all, I think in general, the first week is NOT a cake walk for most of us, and in fact for many, it is awful for one reason or another.

I had been totally ready for my surgery---no doubts whatsoever. However, several times during the first week after surgery I was so miserable I wondered why I had done it. My main issue was pain control, given that I'm unable to take any opiods but Tramadol and can't take NSAIDS. So I was on small doses of Tramadol and acetaminophen, and had horrendous nausea and vomiting to boot.

Being single, I stayed with a friend for the first 4 days and couldn't seem to turn things around. And then, miraculously, on Day 5 I went home. I had someone check in on me once a day, and people available more often if I needed them. But for me, just being home and getting past those first few days made all the difference in the world. It is still very early in your recovery, and I'll bet that you will feel better each and every day in some respect. It can be up and down overall for awhile, but before you know it, you will be so glad you had the surgery!

I imagine it is going to be challenging to following up on your decision about your previous relationship, and I wish you luck staying the course. It's awfully hard to do when you are feeling alone and need help from others.
 
Stupid question but.....How do I elevate if my knee has to be below my hip xx
This would not apply to laying down or reclining.
It is a reminder for those with 90 degree restriction for sitting or certain movements like bending down.

Hope today is a good day. All temporary @Anniec19
 
So I can lay down n have my feet raised ? Xx sorry if I sound daft xx
 
Yes ma'am
Click on this link to see some good examples
 
Just to make things worse....I keep throwing up
Sorry for moaning on at you lot. Hopefully this time next week I'll be able to look back at this and it'll seem like a bad dream x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom